Anderson Silva suspended one year, retroactive to date of the fight, Jan. 31. (NSAC)

12 months suspension, no win bonus, 30% of show money, fight ruled NC, and must test clean before he ever gets relicensed.

Motion passed.

Drug cheat out until Jan 31, 2016.

Who cares. The rest of the drug cheats [I.E 99% of the UFC roster] are still fighting. Get over it.

whats concerning is that black house/xgym/whatever the name is, is still using rogerio camoes as their s&c coach. erick silva is using him too, so, you know

we're all happy

Source that E. Silva is still using Camoes?

And what makes his deal even sweeter is they retroactive the date to January 31st, so that's like saying he really is only suspended for 6 more months before he fights again in January...

TY Captain Obvious. Next time explain to us how a spoon works. :D

imagine if cain got a 12 month suspension.

i mean, just imagine

that fine amount is HUGE
He's essentially retired after this

good for nick diaz, everyone knows anderson didn't beat nick.

Not to give AS a pass, but training at his level involves taking so many supplements and nobody knows whats really in them. I wouldn't be surprised to find some are tainted.

Lucky he roided, diaz would have knocked his ass out if he didnt.

same ppl complaining the punishment wasn't strict enough are the ones who hang onto every word Chael spews.

the irony is ironic.

And how have you come to that conclusion? Can you show anything even close to substantial to back it up? No? Then keep your mouth shut, maybe then people won't notice your stupidity.

As for the suspension and fine, they're basically no punishment at all, just a slap on the wrist. He most likely wouldn't have fought much sooner anyway and I doubt the purse cut hurts him much, he has that AS money.

Never get why you can cheat and get a NC. It should be a loss.

Same reason the other guy doesn't get a "win". He didn't lose, so why would his win become a lost? Why give a fighter who lost, a win for a fight he never won? NC is the only fair way to change the result.

Why the fuck are people complaining about his punishment being lenient? He got what he deserved just like other cheaters in the past. Also, he lost shit loads of money, more than anybody else in mma that I can think of.

who keeps that money btw?

dana?

What a joke

So he's free to fight again in a few months after not only taking loads of substances, but lying through his dick about it.

Bet the UFC and the NSAC are happy. MGM fight is on the horizon

Why did shlmenko get 3 years. Its starting to seem as if there are two different sets of rules for UFCs top fighters and Bellators.

It's funny how a lot of guys in this thread act all offended over Anderson being a "cheat" when half of you know full well that most of the top-tier athletes fighting today are on loads of stuff. Heck, there's currently an active thread on here where many people have already given eye-witness accounts of big names using PEDs.

He got caught. Big whoop. He's still one of the greatest fighters to have ever stepped foot inside of the octagon.

It's funny how a lot of guys in this thread act all offended over Anderson being a "cheat" when half of you know full well that most of the top-tier athletes fighting today are on loads of stuff. Heck, there's currently an active thread on here where many people have already given eye-witness accounts of big names using PEDs.

He got caught. Big whoop. He's still one of the greatest fighters to have ever stepped foot inside of the octagon.

sure he is one of the greatest but should never be considered the GOAT because of this.

So much for "He was coming off an injury, he needed to heal his leg"

No, right before camp he started taking a mysterious pill from Thailand that was loaded with steroids. It wasn't a broken leg, or a broken penis. It was his first time getting tested out of camp, and he got pumped.

Back