Anderson: ''I Dont Know If I'll Have Patience For 8 Fights''

Zuffa had him sign that kind of contract to ensure the slavery. I.E. Anderson would not be able to fight in any other org for the remainder of his career.

"Had him sign", are you a child, sir? Anderson isn't.

His division is no longer terrible. It'll be hard for him to even fulfill 5 fights if he fights the top guys at MW.

typical anderson hater response.

division is NO LONGER terrible. Haha.

typical anderson hater response.

division is NO LONGER terrible. Haha.

It's the truth.

This is how some of Silva's opponents looked coming to fight him:

-Lutter had no top wins
-Cote had no top wins
-Marquardt had no top wins
-Vitor had no top wins at 185 at the time, was coming of an injury and a layoff of a year and a half
-Leites earned his shot by getting beat up and winning by deducted points
-Maia came 1-1, with a recent loss by KO in under a minute
-Henderson, good win, but he was coming off a loss at MW and a loss at LHW
-Sonnen had 9 losses when he fought Anderson the 1st time, 3 losses in the UFC
-Franklin, champion of a very weak division, only defended his belt twice against Loiseau and Quarry. Took the belt from Tanner.

Weidman is fighting A. Silva, Machida, Vitor (this time with better momentum), probably Jacare or Mousasi, all in a row. Competition-wise, that's far better than anything Anderson faced in his entire career. The days in which mid-low tier fighters easily became top ranked and were awarded title shots are gone. The MW division is far better than it ever was.

It's the truth.

-Lutter had no top wins
-Cote had no top wins
-Vitor had no top wins at 185 at the time, was coming of an injury and a layoff of a year and a half
-Franklin, champion of a very weak division, only defended his belt twice against Loiseau and Quarry. Took the belt from Tanner.

Weidman is fighting A. Silva, Machida, Vitor (this time with better momentum), probably Jacare or Mousasi, all in a row. Competition-wise, that's far better than anything Anderson faced in his entire career. The days in which mid-low tier fighters easily became top ranked MW's and were awarded title shots are gone. The MW division is far better than it ever was.

Nicely stated and solid post. Seeing how a decent but not great fighter in Sonnen dominated Silva for 5 rounds out of 7, that right there showed me that Silva was not the greatest ever as proclaimed by the Zuffa Hype Machine. Thales Leites, Cote, Maia, Marquardt, and Lutter would not even be top ten in today's MW divison.

I thought about responding to him but there's no point. Anywhere where there is a Silva thread he will be there to hate and he will forever be permanently butthurt that Silva is the GOAT, so just let him marinate in his hatred.

He's TheRassler for Anderson Silva?

Scary shit...

Getting KO'd 8 times is not easy, I agree with him...

His division is no longer terrible. It'll be hard for him to even fulfill 5 fights if he fights the top guys at MW.

Who is different in the top 5 to make you think that ? machida? rockhold? Jacare? Vitor?

one fight would at least amount to $1 million plus...yeah he's ganna do it

He's got nothing to prove. He should take a few more fights get that Anderson Silva money and roll out. I don't see him getting the belt back or being the Anderson we all watched. Father time waits for no one, all the greats eventually fall.

It's the truth.

-Lutter had no top wins
-Cote had no top wins

To be honest it's easy to say all of that now considering how bad Anderson made all those fighters look afterwards. Obviously with the UFC buying Strikeforce the MW division is very exciting atm.

Whether or not you think Anderson's competition was weak or strong what he did still needs to be respected same with Fedor and GSP. There are many current and up and coming MMA fighters that are inspired by what AS has done in MMA.

He's still the 2nd best MW on the planet and outside of Machida and Weidman he would destroy anyone at MW.

I think he's only going to fulfill maybe 2-3 of those fights and retire.

Me too, another 8 fights seems too much considering his age

After the "I back, trust me, I back" and then the leg break a lot of people said he was just saying that and was really string-armed by White to return.

So just curios if this is going to be a results orientated approach by some of his fans as he already went from prime to over-the-hill by some when Weidman beat him. Not trying to be a jerk. But just wondering if people accept this, that he is motivated and looking forward to his next few fights? If so, just hope it stays consistent if he loses and there isn't a bunch of people saying he lost his passion and never wanted to come back or only did for the money. Personally I'm fairly interested/excited to see what kinds of matchups he will get and how he does. Could make for some great fights

After the "I back, trust me, I back" and then the leg break a lot of people said he was just saying that and was really string-armed by White to return.

So just curios if this is going to be a results orientated approach by some of his fans as he already went from prime to over-the-hill by some when Weidman beat him. Not trying to be a jerk. But just wondering if people accept this, that he is motivated and looking forward to his next few fights? If so, just hope it stays consistent if he loses and there isn't a bunch of people saying he lost his passion and never wanted to come back or only did for the money. Personally I'm fairly interested/excited to see what kinds of matchups he will get and how he does. Could make for some great fights

I'm just keeping an open mind. It cracks me up that the "was he ever really that good" threads have started already. How will he do? Who knows, but he's Anderson effing Silva. He may do very well. How great would that be? And if not, maybe he has a tough one or 2 for the excitement of it. There are a lot of things that can contribute to a less than stellar performance. Some are less obvious than others and of course it is sometimes not until the fight itself that some become known. You're not going to have any luck pinning me down to some preconceived notion of Silva's current state of mind. I choose to believe he will do well and it will be a big win for us fans.

LOL @ MW being a weak division, before or after Anderson. He's just that good. Haters are having the same problem with Jones, now. Great fighters make good fighters look average by comparison. Facts.

Half of the good MW fighters were fighting at lhw during silvas reign. Jones and Gustafson are the proper size for 205. Now the smaller bloated lhws will diet and cut down to the proper divisions. The lhw division is going to get weak for a short time, but the MW division is finally going to get some well rounded depth.

I think rashad and machida would have beaten Silva and might have made it look easy.

Back