Anderson: ''I Dont Know If I'll Have Patience For 8 Fights''

Interested to see how he acts in there, his return is going to be huge

if he really returns to fighting in the ufc, the ppv's numbers would be huge.

Maybe if he fought more than twice a year....

With the zero damage taken against guys like Stephan Bonner and Chael Sonnen 2, Yushin Okami and Vitor Belfort, I don't see why he doesn't fight more often.

I'm sure he'll do what is normal and take it a fight at a time. I'd rather him retire than get severely injured again.

Anderson obviously has nothing left to accomplish.

He isn't doing 8 fights, not at the rate he likes to go at.
3 is a nice number. His comeback fight and then two final big fights.
I'm looking forward to his return.

8 fights left on the contract? No problem. Here's how:

1) Have all the welterweights stop cutting weight and move up to 185lbs.
2) Have all the light heavyweights cut extra weight to go down to 185lbs.
3) With the existing middleweights & now all the beefed up welterweights & the dehydrated light-heavyweights, you have a 128-man field of dreams.
4) Set up a one-night, single-elimination, 128 man tournament (128 to 64 to 32 to sweet 16 to elite 8 to final four to semifinals, to the finals).
5) Circumvent the unified rules (that a fighter can only fight five five minute rounds in a night =25 minutes max) by making each fight a single 3-minute round. 8 round of 3 minutes each = 24 minutes.
6) Have Anderson win at least 7 times to get to the finals.
7) Profit.

P.S. I know that Kenny Monday is holding a one-night 8-man tournament in Oklahoma in a month or so, I wonder how he got around the unified rules?

I'm thinking if he can make a successful run back to the title, he'd do it. If he loses along the way he'll retire.

New GOAT quote, my friends!

http://sportv.globo.com/site/progra...lutas-que-restam-nao-sei-se-vou-ter-saco.html

This full interview will be aired next saturday in Sensei SPORTV, in Brazil.Is normal.

anderson-silva-paulo-vitale.jpg

He back

Zuffa had him sign that kind of contract to ensure the slavery. I.E. Anderson would not be able to fight in any other org for the remainder of his career.

Not really, they offered him 8 and he asked for 10.

who can hate this man? Anderson is such an amazing person and a true legend. I love you Anderson.

I cannot see 8 fights. 3-4 if he stays healthy.

Won't do it. If he does however I'd definitely watch every single one.

Back