Anderson: ''I Dont Know If I'll Have Patience For 8 Fights''

Zuffa had him sign that kind of contract to ensure the slavery. I.E. Anderson would not be able to fight in any other org for the remainder of his career.
wow

What they did, as many sports do when a superstar is nearing the end, is sign him to a longer contract than he needs to allow him when he will retire without the constant hassle of renegotiating new contracts every few fights and to ensure he will retire as a UFC fighter and be instantly put in the Hall Of Fame.

There is no organization that can pay him what he is getting here with the PPV percentages worked in and if Silva had even a modicum of interest of maybe fighting elsewhere he simply wouldn't have signed it

If that's slavery sign me up. Although seems to me it would be difficult to marginalize real slavery any more than comparing it to this

Never sure if Anderson is saying what he means and meaning what he says.

i think hes had some rib trouble, and also shoulder trouble. he hasnt fought 3 times in a year since 2008 and that was 6 years ago...things change

Does any champ fight 3 times a year?

Barao is on track and thats only because he was saving a card.

Half of the good MW fighters were fighting at lhw during silvas reign. Jones and Gustafson are the proper size for 205. Now the smaller bloated lhws will diet and cut down to the proper divisions. The lhw division is going to get weak for a short time, but the MW division is finally going to get some well rounded depth.

I think rashad and machida would have beaten Silva and might have made it look easy.

I don't think you watch fights.

I think there was a poll on here where the majority of sherdoggers thought Anderson would never fight again.

New GOAT quote, my friends!

http://sportv.globo.com/site/progra...lutas-que-restam-nao-sei-se-vou-ter-saco.html

This full interview will be aired next saturday in Sensei SPORTV, in Brazil.Is normal.

anderson-silva-paulo-vitale.jpg

Interesting because patience has actually been his problem in his last few fights.

My guess is two fights unless he loses his first fight back.

Some fighters will just keep on fighting until they basically can't we just don't know which current guys will end up like ken shamrock or Ricco Rodriguez. But some of them will, that's almost a given.

UFC signed him for ten fights so he couldnt go anywhere else and fight, probably dont care if he doesnt do all those fights.

Who is different in the top 5 to make you think that ? machida? rockhold? Jacare? Vitor?

Weidman, Machida, Jacare and probably Vitor.

To be honest it's easy to say all of that now considering how bad Anderson made all those fighters look afterwards. Obviously with the UFC buying Strikeforce the MW division is very exciting atm.

Whether or not you think Anderson's competition was weak or strong what he did still needs to be respected same with Fedor and GSP. There are many current and up and coming MMA fighters that are inspired by what AS has done in MMA.

Those are facts. Losing to Silva had nothing to do with it.

Well there's and easy solution to his lack of patience. I think he should fight 8 times in one year. Just get it over with quickly.

Back