American military reduced 25% under Obama?

• Thread starter Deleted member 457759
  • Start date
Dude, you've now been completely owned over the course of two threads. Just delete this profile, create another, make up some other BS and go on with life.

Owned? Sorry, but being accused of lies when I've been open and honest shows me a lack of intelligence in the military crowd. No one can really make a solid, supportive argument in support, it seems.

1.) For the fourth time. Yes they are. I spent 8 years in the Marine Corps.

Spending eight seconds on Google would give you more info on this issue.

I know more people than I care to count who have had either their retirement pensions or VA compensations cut significantly. Nevermind that, once again, Pensions and Salaries make up half of the Defense Budget. You're flat out, absolutely wrong.

Pensions make up 0% of the defense budget because they're a separate item in the national budget. Salaries make up about a quarter of the budget. I'm flat out, absolutely right, and you can easily check.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_budget_of_the_United_States

Base Pay isn't being cut. Additional things like BAH.

Can you think of any reason why a basic housing allowance would have been cut since 2010?

And:

9. I looked up the current year BAH amount for my grade and zip code and it's less than I was getting last year. Am I going to lose money?

No. BAH rate protection keeps an individual from having a reduction in BAH as long as the individual maintains uninterrupted eligibility (see below) for BAH. This means an individual is authorized the 1 January rate for the individual's grade and location or the housing allowance being paid on 31 December of the previous year, whichever is larger.

http://www.defensetravel.dod.mil/site/faqbah.cfm#4

They also aren't raising salaries to meet the cost of living. So you can claim that the salaries aren't being cut, but people's spending power certainly is. You're so incredibly wrong on this topic. It's honestly impressive.

Nope. Look up military pay increases and inflation. And you still haven't addressed the fact that the issues you've raised are a distraction.

Ding, ding, ding. When "the nicest guy on sherdog" starts throwing out first grade level insults about other people's intelligence, it's a sure sign that he's losing the argument and really doesn't have anything to respond with.

I don't remember anyone in my grade school saying that their 6-year-old daughters were better spelling than other people in class. But if you do, that makes sense. I don't normally comment on that, but in your case, it's pretty exceptional. If you don't want to sound like an idiot, maybe you should go back to grade school.

Are you really such an egomaniac you couldn't just admit that you misunderstood what I meant and that it was simply a case of us talking about two different things? For real?

I was talking about the decline in military spending since 2010, and so were you. That's what the thread is about. You said it was caused by factors that A) increased (working against the decline) and B) don't affect the budget (until you brought up salaries, which also have been rising).

Try this:

Military spending has declined by $121B in nominal dollars since 2010, and $188B in real dollars. None of that decline is attributable to the factors you mentioned. True or false? If you think it's false, can you explain why you think all available data are wrong and what percentage you think is due to those factors?

Yet you're saying that salaries aren't being cut? Which is it?

Salaries haven't been cut.

Another reason why I like calling myself Mike Armyquitter is that the Army culture really upset me in regards to making fun of other MOSs. Truck drivers got made fun (88 Mike) . I was shocked people within the same umbrella were making fun of each other and felt really bad for the 88 Mikes, who'd do better to just be a civilian truck driver. I truly thought the military would encompass no judgement of others at all. It was the opposite.

I like just talking outloud. "I'm 88 Mike Armyquitter." I want to get a 88 football jersey with Armyquitter on the back

Another reason why I like calling myself Mike Armyquitter is that the Army culture really upset me in regards to making fun of other MOSs. Truck drivers got made fun (88 Mike) . I was shocked people within the same umbrella were making fun of each other and felt really bad for the 88 Mikes, who'd do better to just be a civilian truck driver. I truly thought the military would encompass no judgement of others at all. It was the opposite.

I like just talking outloud. "I'm 88 Mike Armyquitter." I want to get a 88 football jersey with Armyquitter on the back

So you attempted to be an 88M, since 88M training is done at Leonard Wood.

So you attempted to be an 88M, since 88M training is done at Leonard Wood.

I went in as MP, 31B, but felt terrible for the 88 Ms getting mocked for their job. Everyone was being kept prisoner. There should have been comradery, not judgements. I didn't like the trainers or the trainees as people.

Spending eight seconds on Google would give you more info on this issue.

Yes, it would have.

Pensions make up 0% of the defense budget because they're a separate item in the national budget. Salaries make up about a quarter of the budget. I'm flat out, absolutely right, and you can easily check.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_budget_of_the_United_States

Cool. It's part of the mandatory military budget. Sooo.. You're once again wrong.

DOD Base Budget
(Mandatory) 5.7 6.2 DOD often does not count this

Owned? Sorry, but being accused of lies when I've been open and honest shows me a lack of intelligence in the military crowd. No one can really make a solid, supportive argument in support, it seems.

ROFL. The last thing you're being is open and honest. The problem is that you have such an undeservedly high opinion of yourself that you think that the utter bunk you're throwing out is good enough to fool people who actually lived that life.

Sigh. For some reason, your post isn't quoting, but it's typically retarded.

We're talking about the decline in the military budget. That's what that headline 25% decline is about. Other military-related items on the budget aren't part of that (and aren't declining anyway).

In the last paragraph, you added pensions and VA spending to salaries *but not to the total budget*. So you're taking separate items, adding them to a portion of the defense budget and then dividing. That's bad math. Imagine if veteran's benefits (healthcare and pensions) were more than $600B. Your method would say that they're more than 100% of the defense budget. :)

Doesn't a statement like this made from republicans paint them into a corner.

Hell, their entire crux is to keep the talking point of "if military is cut well all be left defenseless and the terrorists will take over" going.

And yet if it was cut 25% and we didn't see fire and brimstone during that period of time that proves the right completely wrong about how they think the military needs even more money and should never be de-funded

ROFL. The last thing you're being is open and honest. The problem is that you have such an undeservedly high opinion of yourself that you think that the utter bunk you're throwing out is good enough to fool people who actually lived that life.

You saying I have a high opinion of myself is the most noncredible opinion I've ever heard.

Doesn't a statement like this made from republicans paint them into a corner.

Hell, their entire crux is to keep the talking point of "if military is cut well all be left defenseless and the terrorists will take over" going.

And yet if it was cut 25% and we didn't see fire and brimstone during that period of time that proves the right completely wrong about how they think the military needs even more money and should never be de-funded

I think this fit's into the category of "xyz WILL happen...eventually". Where a group can gladly predict doom with no timeline or evidence, and their supporters will believe them because they want to believe them (for various reasons).

If you are a student of history, you would know the history of the Monguls, Alexander the Great, Napoleon, Nazi Germany etc. Imagine all the armies, cities, towns, etc who were slaughtered in their wakes. Now imagine if you had asked them, the moment before their deaths, if they had spent more on their military, prepared more etc, I'd bet the answer would be a resounding "yes".

And to people who say stuff like that can't happen nowadays... well Nazi Germany was only 75 years ago, look at Russia's invasion of the Ukraine, Isis, etc.. it can and will happen. The weak will always live at the mercy of the strong.

Except we are The Monguls, Napoleon, Alexander the Great, etc

I went in as MP, 31B, but felt terrible for the 88 Ms getting mocked for their job. Everyone was being kept prisoner. There should have been comradery, not judgements. I didn't like the trainers or the trainees as people.

Dude you didn't make it past basic don't talk about you going in as MP.

The former MPs I know loved being MPs and one is a cop now.

Yes, the reason we wound up fully embroiled in the Middle East is because of all those bases we have. Got it. The "if we just take our ball and go home, everyone will love us" narrative is a little absurd.

Interventionist foreign policy is of COURSE the only reason we're embroiled in the middle east, not that that has anything to do with what I said. The fact is that the only people who've attacked us in recent history are terrorists angry that we're over there. Unless you believe they hate us because of our freedom?

I was watching the republican national debates (mostly to see Trump) and I heard that fat Christian Huckleberry guy say that Obama reduced the military by 25%.

Is this true? and if so did it do anything to help Americas debt or did he do it because he's just an insidious liberal who thinks he's making America "nicer"?

I have a hard time believing the cuts were that stark. I also am not sure whether that has anything to do with the sequester.

Either way, it's a positive trend.

budgetpie.jpg

More of that Military budget needs cut

Pretty much this right here.

Closing down the nearly 1,000 bases throughout the world would also be a good place to make cuts.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back