American military reduced 25% under Obama?

• Thread starter Deleted member 457759
  • Start date
It's still part of the defense budget. Nice try though.

Um, no.

You're being really thick here.

And I did that where, exactly?

You don't remember? Here:

were they're really cutting back a lot of money is to VA benefits and retiree pensions. So basically the government is reniging on thier end of a promise. No suprise there.

Side note: Yeesh. Where did you learn English?

As if you could afford anything let alone interest

LOL at "like 2 months"

Super lulzers at you having any idea on the cost of training

I was like the only person in my platoon that joined with money in the bank and left a better paying job to join. The rest were desperate for a job. It was eye-opening how the government seemed to look to exploit needs.

Um, no.

You're being really thick here.

Um, yes. Pensions and salaries alone make up half of the defense budget.

Side note: Yeesh. Where did you learn English?

Where did you? I was talking about a lot of money in relation to individual people. Good to see you caught that.

I was like the only person in my platoon that joined with money in the bank and left a better paying job to join. The rest were desperate for a job. It was eye-opening how the government seemed to look to exploit needs.

LOL. You're so full of it I'm actually a little embarrassed for you.

If you are a student of history, you would know the history of the Monguls, Alexander the Great, Napoleon, Nazi Germany etc. Imagine all the armies, cities, towns, etc who were slaughtered in their wakes. Now imagine if you had asked them, the moment before their deaths, if they had spent more on their military, prepared more etc, I'd bet the answer would be a resounding "yes".

And to people who say stuff like that can't happen nowadays... well Nazi Germany was only 75 years ago, look at Russia's invasion of the Ukraine, Isis, etc.. it can and will happen. The weak will always live at the mercy of the strong.

LOL. You're so full of it I'm actually a little embarrassed for you.

You pro military people have zero credibility since you seem to want to think I'm lying. Basic thought processes should tell you that if I was a liar, I wouldn't be admitting to "washing out" of basic training.

Um, yes. Pensions and salaries alone make up half of the defense budget.

Pensions aren't part of the military budget (and contrary to your assertion they haven't been cut). Salaries are, but they haven't been cut either. For the most recent year that I could get a full breakdown (2013), salaries were $153B out of the total $610B military budget. It looks like your math skills are giving your English skills a run for their money.

Where did you? I was talking about a lot of money in relation to individual people. Good to see you caught that.

My six-year-old can spell and write better than you, buddy. And I'm not exaggerating. If English is your first language, your educators really failed you.

You pro military people have zero credibility since you seem to want to think I'm lying. Basic thought processes should tell you that if I was a liar, I wouldn't be admitting to "washing out" of basic training.

I don't "need to think" you're lying. I spent 8 years in the Marine Corps. I know you're lying. Your nonsense hasn't passed the smell test from the get go.

Basic thought processes should tell you that if I was a liar, I wouldn't be admitting to "washing out" of basic training.

Basic thought process told me immediately that you're a troll who hates the military, so you made up some weak ass story to give yourself a modicum of credibility when you go into your "The military sucks, believe me, I know from personal experience" trolling routine.

First you said you were smarter then your CO. Now you said you had money in the bank but you couldn't afford a taxi cab home from MEPS?

500px-Get-off-your-high-horse.jpg

You didn't make it through reception, but learned all this about your platoon and the military?

Pensions aren't part of the military budget (and contrary to your assertion they haven't been cut). Salaries are, but they haven't been cut either. For the most recent year that I could get a full breakdown (2013), salaries were $153B out of the total $610B military budget. It looks like your math skills are giving your English skills a run for their money.

My six-year-old can spell and write better than you, buddy. And I'm not exaggerating. If English is your first language, your educators really failed you.

Jack, if salaries increase at a rate lower than inflation what would you call that?

First you said you were smarter then your CO. Now you said you had money in the bank but you couldn't afford a taxi cab home from MEPS?

500px-Get-off-your-high-horse.jpg

Are you shitting me? The difference is I'm stating facts, not bragging. You clowns have big egos so you don't see the difference.

How is it that my legitimate experiences don't pass the smell test? Sounds like you idiots just want your military painted in a perfect light. I have no reason to lie.

Pensions aren't part of the military budget (and contrary to your assertion they haven't been cut).

1.) For the fourth time. Yes they are. I spent 8 years in the Marine Corps. I know more people than I care to count who have had either their retirement pensions or VA compensations cut significantly. Nevermind that, once again, Pensions and Salaries make up half of the Defense Budget. You're flat out, absolutely wrong.

Salaries are, but they haven't been cut either.

Base Pay isn't being cut. Additional things like BAH. They also aren't raising salaries to meet the cost of living. So you can claim that the salaries aren't being cut, but people's spending power certainly is. You're so incredibly wrong on this topic. It's honestly impressive.

Ding, ding, ding. When "the nicest guy on sherdog" starts throwing out first grade level insults about other people's intelligence, it's a sure sign that he's losing the argument and really doesn't have anything to respond with. Are you really such an egomaniac you couldn't just admit that you misunderstood what I meant and that it was simply a case of us talking about two different things? For real?

You didn't make it through reception, but learned all this about your platoon and the military?

Well, obviously I didn't know everyone in my platoon, but I talked to a fair bit of them. Most were broke and no job opportunities. One guy passed up a football scholarship to like Western Kentucky.

Are you shitting me? The difference is I'm stating facts, not bragging. You clowns have big egos so you don't see the difference.

How is it that my legitimate experiences don't pass the smell test? Sounds like you idiots just want your military painted in a perfect light. I have no reason to lie.

Dude, you've now been completely owned over the course of two threads. Just delete this profile, create another, make up some other BS and go on with life.

Well, obviously I didn't know everyone in my platoon, but I talked to a fair bit of them. Most were broke and no job opportunities. One guy passed up a football scholarship to like Western Kentucky.

Sounds rough with all that time to talk in reception

What legitimate experiences did you experience? You experienced an amnesty shakedown, a free haircut, a TA-50 issue, and you commenced to shitting your pants and going fetal.

Back