American military reduced 25% under Obama?

• Thread starter Deleted member 457759
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 457759

I was watching the republican national debates (mostly to see Trump) and I heard that fat Christian Huckleberry guy say that Obama reduced the military by 25%.

Is this true? and if so did it do anything to help Americas debt or did he do it because he's just an insidious liberal who thinks he's making America "nicer"?

We still spend a ton more than the entire world country wise. They say you spend on weapons you tend to find ways to use them. Best to educate then grow steadily with technical prowess.

If he did cut 25 percent and nobody noticed..then it was probably too big. Personally, i'd like them to focus that on our borders. We can afford to cut back on military and still knock down the low hanging fruit our government goes after overseas.

Well if you spend less money on something that is funded through taxes, then it should help the debt, of course.

We still spend a ton more than the entire world country wise. They say you spend on weapons you tend to find ways to use them. Best to educate then grow steadily with technical prowess.

lol, don't be pretentious and answer the question.....

Well if you spend less money on something that is funded through taxes, then it should help the debt, of course.

But did it though? That's my main question. Or did he just free up more money to spend.

When I was in the army (03-10), there was plenty room for cutting. Guys who were broken, had dui's, pissed hot all stayed in cause we needed the numbers. They can all go now.

When I was in the army (03-10), there was plenty room for cutting. Guys who were broken, had dui's, pissed hot all stayed in cause we needed the numbers. They can all go now.

Yea I'm not making any arguments against the cuts, I'm just curious if America benefited from it.

Sounds like bs. The Army is cutting down from 490k to 450k and the USMC from 200k to 175k, roughly 8% and 12%.

Needs to be cut more... when the only countries who could do us any harm are allies and they would literally all have to team up to stand a chance at beating us, its probably ok to make it smaller.

budgetpie.jpg

More of that Military budget needs cut

Good job for Obama if it's true. If a Republican said though then it's probably mostly false.

I was watching the republican national debates (mostly to see Trump) and I heard that fat Christian Huckleberry guy say that Obama reduced the military by 25%.

Is this true? and if so did it do anything to help Americas debt or did he do it because he's just an insidious liberal who thinks he's making America "nicer"?

The Obama admin did announce reductions over a year ago. Hagel wanted steep cuts including cuts to high ranking officer numbers.
"...ordered a 20 percent reduction to top military brass and their staffs..."
http://www.usnews.com/opinion/blogs/world-report/2013/07/24/the-pentagon-has-too-many-troops
http://www.military.com/daily-news/...-to-cut-headquarters-staff-by-25-percent.html
Even with all the reductions, it would only return the overall military spending to the high levels of the earlier post 911 days, so its only mostly about cutting the bloat after '07-'09.

About time.

The amount of money wasted on the military is absurd.

We spend more money on goddamn recruitment ads than we do education.

Back