Social Amazon's LOTR Got Tokenized

that there is nothing about hobbits that indicates they should be portrayed by any specific race at all, so what difference does it make what racial identity or lack thereof represents them?

like black panther is about a world where African Americans are not disadvantaged and a have super hero. the idea of re-casting the protagonist of that film as any other race is terribly insulting to the idea behind its existence.

what insult is being made to hobbits by portraying them as black, brown, green, blue or even fucking polka dot or plaid?

The hobbits are described as what modern race obsessed people would describe as white many times throughout the novels (not even going into their English names, customs, culture, general north western position relative to the middle earth landmass) as are the elves and the rohirrim as well (Eorl the young having long blonde hair).

The hobbits are undoubtedly English with hobbiton standing in for Oxford, I mean look at the damn map, there's an actual buckland east of Oxford. Also stock and Newbury (all mentioned as part of the shire). The midge water marshes are located in what is now the English Channel (what was once doggerland in the last ice age which was, you guessed it, largely made up of marshes). We can therefore imagine middle earth to be Europe in an earlier age with the shire in what is now England.

Now the Amazon series is set long before the time of the Rohirrim but the men (other than the Easterlings and other men of the south, who are closer to the equator and thus darker than the northerners as per real life), elves, hobbits and dwarves of middle earth are undoubtedly white in the novels, there's simply no way you could read it and pretend they're anything but European in appearance (as is the rest of the non fantastical flora and fauna). Which makes sense, as Tolkien wrote the lord of the rings in part to give England it's own epic mythology like that of the classical Greeks.

Last edited:
Should be banned for making such accusations without providing proof.
I mean, be honest. People who give a shit about this do seem a little racist. “One or two black characters are SHITTING all over the LOOOOORRRE!!!!” Ridiculous.
It’s not enough evidence to convict, but it is evidence.
And, btw, that’s ok. Lots of otherwise great people are just a little bit racist. No reason to get all bunged up about that, either.

Black panther is just a superhereo movie for little kids, why does it matter if hes white or black. Wakanda is a fictional country, there can have a diverse population with asians, whites, indians, etc. why not? Its not real. At the end of the day ppl just want to see the hereo kick some ass, his race doesnt matter. Stop being racist.

tumblr_p4clwbP5591spgfueo1_500.jpg

What a truly stunning and brave reimagining of a character to challenge the harmful ideas of a racially pure ethnostate

I mean, be honest. People who give a shit about this do seem a little racist. “One or two black characters are SHITTING all over the LOOOOORRRE!!!!” Ridiculous.
It’s not enough evidence to convict, but it is evidence.
And, btw, that’s ok. Lots of otherwise great people are just a little bit racist. No reason to get all bunged up about that, either.
Nope. Not giving this kind of shit a pass. That's how we got to where we are because any uncomfortable conversation that could be of benefit can now be shut down by proclaiming the opposition are heathens, infidels, have horns growing out there foreheads and so simply are just evil and should be shunned. And no, I'm not saying this is a really meaningful conversation. Lol

There's a bit of a discussion in here about the WOT series. It's a diverse world and everyone has representation. But in the TV series, as with the hobbits in question, a group of secluded people with little contact of the outside world and a couple thousand years of only breeding amongst themselves are now the United Nations as far as race representation goes. I suppose recessive genes could account for that. It's nothing to get upset about, but it's clearly asinine pandering for the sake of appearing woke. Pathetic in other words.

Does that make me racist? According to some people with an agenda, yes.

Nope. Not giving this kind of shit a pass. That's how we got to where we are because any uncomfortable conversation that could be of benefit can now be shut down by proclaiming the opposition are heathens, infidels, have horns growing out there foreheads and so simply are just evil and should be shunned. And no, I'm not saying this is a really meaningful conversation. Lol

There's a bit of a discussion in here about the WOT series. It's a diverse world and everyone has representation. But in the TV series, as with the hobbits in question, a group of secluded people with little contact of the outside world and a couple thousand years of only breeding amongst themselves are now the United Nations as far as race representation goes. I suppose recessive genes could account for that. It's nothing to get upset about, but it's clearly asinine pandering for the sake of appearing woke. Pathetic in other words.

Does that make me racist? According to some people with an agenda, yes.
Well this isn’t WOT, it’s Middle Earth. And the characters in question are like one dwarf and one elf who were made up just for this show. So there’s nothing to get in a twist over, it doesn’t look at all like the show is pandering to anyone, it’s just a modern show that’s not excluding an actor from playing a part where skin color is irrelevant. So, yeah, getting all pissed off about it seems like evidence of a little bit of the racisms. Sorry if that offends you. Like I said, it’s not a big deal to me and I’m not calling anyone a racist. You acting like there is no reason to suspect anyone here of being a fucking giant racist asshole is as funny as the people who use the term to describe anyone they disagree with. It cuts both ways.

Well this isn’t WOT, it’s Middle Earth. And the characters in question are like one dwarf and one elf who were made up just for this show. So there’s nothing to get in a twist over, it doesn’t look at all like the show is pandering to anyone, it’s just a modern show that’s not excluding an actor from playing a part where skin color is irrelevant. So, yeah, getting all pissed off about it seems like evidence of a little bit of the racisms. Sorry if that offends you. Like I said, it’s not a big deal to me and I’m not calling anyone a racist. You acting like there is no reason to suspect anyone here of being a fucking giant racist asshole is as funny as the people who use the term to describe anyone they disagree with. It cuts both ways.
It's as if you willingly missed my posts saying this isn't a big deal and just wanted to ride your high horse.

It still hurts that Amazon has now rights to Middle Earth.

It's as if you willingly missed my posts saying this isn't a big deal and just wanted to ride your high horse.
If I have a high horse, whattami gonna do? Not ride it?

It's make believe. Nothing to get worked up about if they wanna chuck a few token POC in. Who's to say there wouldn't be non white fucking elves or hobbies?

I have a problem when it's something more substantial. Nobody would cast a Chinese man as Black Panther for inclusion purposes for example.

Black Captain America. I can believe that to be honest. Especially because back 'then' African Americans were experimented on somewhat. I can definitely accept a black Captain America.

Black Superman? Nah. Unless the suggestion is that black people are aliens or from another universe, I probably wouldn't believe that.

Black James Bond. TOUGH one. Very tough. Mainly because spies have to blend into the background and during the early days of Bond, you wouldn't see black dudes schmoozing with the society elite drinking martinis.

Modern day, absolutely. Elba would be a fantastic James Bond actually.

@HOLA just alt right nazi conspiracy am i right??

they go out of their way to replace whites in the most obvious in-your-face ways possible that you can't ignore it.

leftists: "all you see is race!"

no mf'er....that's YOU! leftists hate straight people, white people, men, whiteness, capitalism, christianity, anything eurocentric.

the identity marxist implications of these lame gay political stunts should be obvious even to the most woke bozos out there.

Last edited:
Back