Social Amazon's LOTR Got Tokenized

What does this even mean?
that there is nothing about hobbits that indicates they should be portrayed by any specific race at all, so what difference does it make what racial identity or lack thereof represents them?

like black panther is about a world where African Americans are not disadvantaged and a have super hero. the idea of re-casting the protagonist of that film as any other race is terribly insulting to the idea behind its existence.

what insult is being made to hobbits by portraying them as black, brown, green, blue or even fucking polka dot or plaid?

black panther is literally about racial inequality and creating an African American super hero to represent that. That’s the whole thing. Taking that away from it is the totality of destroying its anti-racism idea and is racist.
Black panther is just a superhereo movie for little kids, why does it matter if hes white or black. Wakanda is a fictional country, there can have a diverse population with asians, whites, indians, etc. why not? Its not real. At the end of the day ppl just want to see the hereo kick some ass, his race doesnt matter. Stop being racist.

tumblr_p4clwbP5591spgfueo1_500.jpg

Black panther is just a superhereo movie for little kids, why does it matter if hes white or black. Wakanda is a fictional country, there can have a diverse population with asians, whites, indians, etc. why not? Its not real. At the end of the day ppl just want to see the hereo kick some ass, his race doesnt matter. Stop being racist.

How do you not know that Black Panther is about racial inequality and creating a place where African Americans are not disadvantaged, but rather have their own country and a super hero that represents it?

How do you not know that Black Panther is about racial inequality and creating a place where African Americans are not disadvantaged, but rather have their own country and a super hero that represents it?
Your reading too much into it. You think little kids care about racial inequality when they go see a superhereo flick? They just want to see some action, not everything has to be about race. There are white ppl in Africa anyways, so its not a stretch that there could be some in Wakanda as well.

Your reading too much into it. You think little kids care about racial inequality when they go see a superhereo flick? They just want to see some action, not everything has to be about race. There are white ppl in Africa anyways, so its not a stretch that there could be some in Wakanda as well.
I'm not reading anything into it. I don't even like Black Panther. It's not interesting art to me at all. I'm telling you what is the consensus understanding about the work and its intention. The parent who takes their kids to see it generally speaking is absolutely tuned into this aspect. Taking a character who is designated a very specific race as clearly as in his title alone, "Black Panther", as a reaction against white supremacy being portrayed as a white man is extremely offensive and extremely racially subversive. if that's something you don't mind being... well, hey you know where you stand and how people see you. Don't be surprised to hear the term "racist" slung your way with intent, purpose and relevance.

Prove the guy you keep accusing of being a racist us indeed a racist or shut the fuck up.
Oh I did, you big dum dum. The onus is on you, my man. I've already done laid waste to you fools.

Prove the guy you keep accusing of being a racist us indeed a racist or shut the fuck up.
Here, lemme jog your memory cause it's a total victory lap:

These dorks up in this thread, particularly its progenitor were upset that a fictional fantasy element, hobbits which could very well be green or blue or polka dot or plaid, were being represented as people of varied ethnic backgrounds and pigmentations.

The presumption is he wanted this cast to be white washed. Correct? Correct.

He then went on to say wonder aloud why Black Panther can't be re-cast white then without disapproval, cause he found the Black Panther to be an adequate equivalency in specificity of racial representation to a fictional fantasy group, Hobbits.

That he/him/they/their/she/her/donut/hole is a flamboyant racist of severe ignorance but accessing the information to work on it through the assistance of this horrific hateful and socially irresponsible thread.

I'm not reading anything into it. I don't even like Black Panther. It's not interesting art to me at all. I'm telling you what is the consensus understanding about the work and its intention. The parent who takes their kids to see it generally speaking is absolutely tuned into this aspect. Taking a character who is designated a very specific race as clearly as in his title alone, "Black Panther", as a reaction against white supremacy being portrayed as a white man is extremely offensive and extremely racially subversive. if that's something you don't mind being... well, hey you know where you stand and how people see you. Don't be surprised to hear the term "racist" slung your way with intent, purpose and relevance.
Why does it has to be about his race? He could be called Black Panther because of his suit. I havent really seen this supposed consensus anywhere, maybe you should get your info from somewhere other than The Huffington Post?

But anyways, for LOTR Tolkien did in fact specify that the elves where a specific race, he described them as fair skinned. So they are in fact white. Why is it not okay when Tolkien does it but when Marvel does its fighting racism?

I noticed the liberals are sometimes quiet when i challenged them with black panther being cast as a white character. Or being played as a white actor.
Its ok when the libearls do the tokenizing.

The lord of the rings isnt the series that they done this.
But vikings as well.

People are "quiet" because addressing your challenge is largely a waste of time because it is so dumb.
The story of the Black Panther..it's a fictional character that takes place on a REAL continent and uses REAL history to help tell their story. How do you make a white man named T'Challa son of T'Chaka? You can't.
Just like you couldn't make a black Shang Chi, or a Chinese Victor Von Doom.
Their race/heritage is tied to their stories, and despite them being fictional characters, they are tied to a real history or country.

Lord of the Rings is not like the above. Middle Earth is not a place. Elves, Orcs, and Dwarves don't exist. Sauron and wizards don't exist. It isn't based on any real history. It is fantasy that is influenced by a man's experience.

The only legitimate argument you would have is with Vikings, but how often do you see this happen in historical shows? It's rare. And it only can happen because there have already been so many shows and movies about Vikings and medieval stories that they can afford to drop in a token on one of these shows from time to time.

Why does it has to be about his race? He could be called Black Panther because of his suit. I havent really seen this supposed consensus anywhere, maybe you should get your info from somewhere other than The Huffington Post?

But anyways, for LOTR Tolkien did in fact specify that the elves where a specific race, he described them as fair skinned. So they are in fact white. Why is it not okay when Tolkien does it but when Marvel does its fighting racism?
you need something else to hinge your life pursuits on. this shit fucking ridiculous. the fact that you think a group of fictional fantasy characters being described in some supposed instance as "fair skinned" as being as significant as an African American specific character created in reaction to white supremacy as equivocal is just a losing position forever.

you need something else to hinge your life pursuits on. this shit fucking ridiculous. the fact that you think a group of fictional fantasy characters being described in some supposed instance as "fair skinned" as being as significant as an African American specific character created in reaction to white supremacy as equivocal is just a losing position forever.
Oh so because they are fictional white characters they arent as important? Only when its a fictional black character that being true to the color of their skin matters? Isnt that the definiton of racism?

Oh so because they are fictional white characters they arent as important? Only when its a fictional black character that being true to the color of their skin matters? Isnt that the definiton of racism?
I'm gonna leave you to your twitter dictionary and move along. you've had enough. I'm calling it.

<{jackyeah}>

that there is nothing about hobbits that indicates they should be portrayed by any specific race at all, so what difference does it make what racial identity or lack thereof represents them?

like black panther is about a world where African Americans are not disadvantaged and a have super hero. the idea of re-casting the protagonist of that film as any other race is terribly insulting to the idea behind its existence.

what insult is being made to hobbits by portraying them as black, brown, green, blue or even fucking polka dot or plaid?
That you say there is nothing about hobbits to show how they should be portrayed shows everyone how little you know. Im sure a 5 min google search would enlighten you, you might even find a little tid bit from the arch bigot tolkien himself that you can try to twist into black hobbits, wich would have been the smart way to go when trying to argue your opinions into this subject. Instead you repeatedly show you know nothing about the source material.

But I do have to agree with you on the black panther movie. That movie is so racist that you really couldnt put a white man as black panther. Just think about it, the wakandans are half portrayed as black geniuses with god like technology, the other half is like reading a 1850s white missionaries diary about how african culture is.

Should be banned for making such accusations without providing proof.
Let him bang bro :D

people who slander as an attempted shortcut to win arguments can just go fuck themselves instead.
oh you're new to the war room i see
there's a bunch of posters here whose entire history is just screeching "racist"

Back