Social Amazon's LOTR Got Tokenized

I don't remember it so I won't say either way, but the enduring case was her standing against Feanor and the Noldor. As for the "nuclear" part it does happen in the sense that Frodo has a vision of her, tall beyond measurement, etc, but it's not about anything beyond the temptation of the power of the ring. Her passing the test means that she was able to let the ring go when it was offered to her.

My issues with the RoP Galadriel doesn't really have all that much to do with specific events of the First Age though, it's more directly with how Galadriel is just portrayed as an entirely different character than how Tolkien wrote her. In RoP she has none of the wisdom and enchanting ways, and she is a real warrior while it's possible to interpret Tolkien's words as that she never fought like that, and at most there is one reference to when it possibly happened. She should have been a wise, highly respected "political" player among the elves in the show.
"I passed the test" is followed by "I will diminish and go into the west" which does kind of sound like refusing the Ring is what allows her to potentially return. You could also say I spose that refusing the ring means she must as either its destroyed and her ring and ability to maintain Lorien fails or Sauron wins but still I think it does sound rather like some form of penitence which may have been related to Tolkiens place for her in the mythology at the point LOTR was written with what was published being written afterwards in the latter 50's and 60's.

What they were trying for I would say is basically an origin story for her character showing how she became what we see in the 3rd age, again not really in line with Tolkiens exact mythology but I do think the more general sentiment of the ancient Nordor being arrogant and having learned wisdom since is inline with his work. Similar to say the way Jackson shows Faramir's enlightenment during the events of LOTR rather than having it infered that it had happened previously.

The reality is though in threads like this actual discussion of the merits of the show has never been that important, its in The War Room exactly because even Sherdog Mods can see for most people its about politics, its the latest(or was) hobby horse with angery incels and middle aged right wingers who spend hours watching Youtube grifters.

The only Disney so far that i had watched at the theaters was Star Wars Rouge and Star Wars (Rey)
Problem with the Disney Star Wars? it doesn't have that vibe as star wars clone wars did/others.

Even on the Alien dep, the Disney star war movies felt a bit lacking. At least with the Original classic SW and Clone Wars you always had something interesting appearing in those movies.

The current Star Wars movies just feel boring and generic with some "modern day politics" thrown in..
they have no clue what theyre doing with star wars, dont understand what makes it star wars, and the movies sucked major ass. alien design sucked and so did the story, characters, everything. george lucas obviously knew what he was doing and the prequels are masterpieces compared to kathleen kennedys bullshit. cant stand all the woke shit, couldnt stand the purple haired lady in star wars, whose only objective was to disagree. what a load of shite. i was disgusted with the last jedi. absolutely ruined star wars, ruined the magic, ruined everything. KOTOR 1 from here on out. thats it.

go to japan, call them evil, despicable racists, then cram a white guy in every show or movie you can find then ask the japanese what they think about it. you'll be shocked...if you're normal you won't.

Yea, your fantasies mean nothing. The reality is that you're mad that a fantasy character in a show, that isn't even described as being a particular race isn't being played by a white person. Fuck off snowflake.

Yea, your fantasies mean nothing. The reality is that you're mad that a fantasy character in a show, that isn't even described as being a particular race isn't being played by a white person. Fuck off snowflake.

your anti-white hate filled ideology is a joke

and unironically hilarious

az2pXGx_700bwp.webp

didn't know isaac newton was brown

fdas-Copy.jpg

TELEMMGLPICT000359110995_17018821859650_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqphCB_Ug6U2rXP1FMuqTV0GJipGxh13raKCmlGxVVrXc.jpeg

<{Heymansnicker}>

your anti-white hate filled ideology is a joke

and unironically hilarious

az2pXGx_700bwp.webp

didn't know isaac newton was brown

fdas-Copy.jpg

TELEMMGLPICT000359110995_17018821859650_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqphCB_Ug6U2rXP1FMuqTV0GJipGxh13raKCmlGxVVrXc.jpeg

<{Heymansnicker}>
It isn’t true though. A lot of people were upset about the Disney characters and almost every one thought the Cleopatra thing was stupid. It completely bombed.

But really, what is the problem with LOTR having black actors? Elves and orcs are ok but a black dude shakes you out of your suspended disbelief?

It isn’t true though. A lot of people were upset about the Disney characters and almost every one thought the Cleopatra thing was stupid. It completely bombed.

But really, what is the problem with LOTR having black actors? Elves and orcs are ok but a black dude shakes you out of your suspended disbelief?

it's the openly racist, anti-white, hateful, morally bankrupt, pathetic ideology that's behind it all that's concerning.

dude, they cast a half-indian as isaac mf'ing newton! <Lmaoo>

it's the openly racist, anti-white, hateful, morally bankrupt, pathetic ideology that's behind it all that's concerning.

dude, they cast a half-indian as isaac mf'ing newton! <Lmaoo>
Lol I thought the Newton thing was a joke. But that doesn't really change what I said. That shit is bombing and it's only a matter of time before companies stop funding those projects.

It also doesn't change what I said about fantasy projects like Lord of the Rings. Sure some characters have iconic looks and that's just asking to alienate the audience, like say Geralt of Rivia. But for a lot of characters it really doesn't matter, and especially not when the whole story they're writing is new.

I will say also it is a red flag when the creative team is advertising their woke casting. That seems like they're out of ideas to make the project actually good and are setting up an excuse for when it bombs in the box office.

"I passed the test" is followed by "I will diminish and go into the west" which does kind of sound like refusing the Ring is what allows her to potentially return. You could also say I spose that refusing the ring means she must as either its destroyed and her ring and ability to maintain Lorien fails or Sauron wins but still I think it does sound rather like some form of penitence which may have been related to Tolkiens place for her in the mythology at the point LOTR was written with what was published being written afterwards in the latter 50's and 60's.

What they were trying for I would say is basically an origin story for her character showing how she became what we see in the 3rd age, again not really in line with Tolkiens exact mythology but I do think the more general sentiment of the ancient Nordor being arrogant and having learned wisdom since is inline with his work. Similar to say the way Jackson shows Faramir's enlightenment during the events of LOTR rather than having it infered that it had happened previously.

The reality is though in threads like this actual discussion of the merits of the show has never been that important, its in The War Room exactly because even Sherdog Mods can see for most people its about politics, its the latest(or was) hobby horse with angery incels and middle aged right wingers who spend hours watching Youtube grifters.

I think it's just that if she took the ring she would stay and become the new lord of Middle-Earth, like Sauron. Other than that there are no plans for her to stay since, as you said, the two alternatives is that Sauron takes over everything or the power of her ring goes away with the one ring's destruction. The elves are leaving for their home even without the threat of Sauron though, as that migration had already begun before anyone realized the one ring had been found.

If one wanted to make an origin story for Galadriel one should make a show about the First Age. She's more than 3400 years old in RoP, so she should be quite set in her ways by then. Especially after having been tutored for a long time by one of the most powerful of the Maiar. It's not that she still couldn't make mistakes in the Second Age, no one is infallible, but she shouldn't be played as the young, rebellious warrior stereotype, she should be one of the main political players of the elves, being the eldest and wisest. The real warrior of that time was the Noldor king, Gil-galad.

Yes, the identity politics is certainly angering many but I think the show would have failed even if they cast everyone as described in Tolkien's texts as I think the writing is on a very low level. Even looking past how it is as an adaptation of Tolkien's works I think there are many flaws there that make it less interesting. If someone else liked it, good for that person. I don't begrudge anyone to watch it if they want. Personally I didn't even think the visuals were well made, despite the budget. Even things like armor looked cheap and nonsensical.

I heard Andor was good, and I was going to mention that. I'll give you that.

Star Wars ST was so bad though, I didn't even watch the last one. Amazing how they totally fumbled such a unique, awesome story. The prequel trilogy seems like a masterpiece now. Modern entertainment is just horrible.

It's baffling how bad the sequel trilogy was. Both in general writing where they didn't even have a plan for the trilogy and just let each director do what they wanted with each film, as well as a Star Wars piece where it just does its best to lessen everything that came before.

I still can't call the prequel trilogy great though. The overarching idea is good but the execution is really bad. While it tries to elevate the original trilogy it still just contradicts it in some places. But the intention was good. I would put Rogue One, Andor and the first two seasons of the Mandalorian above that trilogy.

But despite that I like those three things of the current Star Wars I'm going to be very picky what I watch from now on. They'll have to work hard to get me into a theater again, especially when a Rey movie seems to be on the slate.

It's baffling how bad the sequel trilogy was. Both in general writing where they didn't even have a plan for the trilogy and just let each director do what they wanted with each film, as well as a Star Wars piece where it just does its best to lessen everything that came before.

I still can't call the prequel trilogy great though. The overarching idea is good but the execution is really bad. While it tries to elevate the original trilogy it still just contradicts it in some places. But the intention was good. I would put Rogue One, Andor and the first two seasons of the Mandalorian above that trilogy.

But despite that I like those three things of the current Star Wars I'm going to be very picky what I watch from now on. They'll have to work hard to get me into a theater again, especially when a Rey movie seems to be on the slate.
Agree with everything pretty much. The sequel trilogies were so damn bad, so convoluted, so lacking of the essence of pure Star Wars it was ridiculous watching it unfold in real time. Rian Johnson is forever banned IMO. When Luke threw the lightsaber, I knew then and there that it was absolutely over. Could not believe that scene. And I so the prequels were good, jokingly. The sequel trilogy was so bad, that it made it seem like the prequels were good. LOL. At least, George Lucas the creator himself did it. They weren't good, but at least it felt like Star Wars somewhat. At least it was the creator doing it. I'll have to check out Rogue one and Andor, never really gave it a serious watch. And most modern entertainment, I'm done. It's too woke, too garbage, too much BS, they can't tell an original story anymore.

I think it's just that if she took the ring she would stay and become the new lord of Middle-Earth, like Sauron. Other than that there are no plans for her to stay since, as you said, the two alternatives is that Sauron takes over everything or the power of her ring goes away with the one ring's destruction. The elves are leaving for their home even without the threat of Sauron though, as that migration had already begun before anyone realized the one ring had been found.

If one wanted to make an origin story for Galadriel one should make a show about the First Age. She's more than 3400 years old in RoP, so she should be quite set in her ways by then. Especially after having been tutored for a long time by one of the most powerful of the Maiar. It's not that she still couldn't make mistakes in the Second Age, no one is infallible, but she shouldn't be played as the young, rebellious warrior stereotype, she should be one of the main political players of the elves, being the eldest and wisest. The real warrior of that time was the Noldor king, Gil-galad.

Yes, the identity politics is certainly angering many but I think the show would have failed even if they cast everyone as described in Tolkien's texts as I think the writing is on a very low level. Even looking past how it is as an adaptation of Tolkien's works I think there are many flaws there that make it less interesting. If someone else liked it, good for that person. I don't begrudge anyone to watch it if they want. Personally I didn't even think the visuals were well made, despite the budget. Even things like armor looked cheap and nonsensical.
The First Age is off limits though as they don't have the right to the Sil.

Agree with everything pretty much. The sequel trilogies were so damn bad, so convoluted, so lacking of the essence of pure Star Wars it was ridiculous watching it unfold in real time. Rian Johnson is forever banned IMO. When Luke threw the lightsaber, I knew then and there that it was absolutely over. Could not believe that scene. And I so the prequels were good, jokingly. The sequel trilogy was so bad, that it made it seem like the prequels were good. LOL. At least, George Lucas the creator himself did it. They weren't good, but at least it felt like Star Wars somewhat. At least it was the creator doing it. I'll have to check out Rogue one and Andor, never really gave it a serious watch. And most modern entertainment, I'm done. It's too woke, too garbage, too much BS, they can't tell an original story anymore.

Rogue One is up there with the OG Trilogy, IMHO. And the few minutes of Vader wrecking shit is better than every sequel film put together.

Rogue One is up there with the OG Trilogy, IMHO. And the few minutes of Vader wrecking shit is better than every sequel film put together.

I had some problems with Rogue One but I did like it, it was definitely the best of the new movies. I also liked The Force Awakens, although it being a soft reboot of the OG trilogy was disappointing. I brought my family to TFA and everyone had a great time. The second and third films were abominations and if there's a hell, the people responsible are going there.

Andor is now the gold standard for how good a show can be. I have nothing but praise for that show, as much as I loved it the first time the second time was so much better. The show is so deep on character development alone watching it again without the pressure of expectations let me really embrace and appreciate it.

The bad news is that Andor wasn't a success. All the properties that I consider vastly inferior did better on the back of fan service and terrible writing. I get that they were mostly kids shows and Andor was obviously written for a more mature audience, but at the end of the day they were more successful. I'm afraid nobody will care about the lessons Andor taught about making an excellent show.

I ended up hating Rings of Power. I went in with a very generous heart, I was just happy to see Middle Earth, but they failed catastrophically. I don't care even a little bit about the races of the actors cast, but the show used it's budget like a weapon. I think they figured if it looked pretty enough nobody would care that the writing was mediocre at best, terrible in parts.

One thing I don't see people talking about is how difficult it is to properly express Tolkien's characters. Jackson's trilogy did them justice; you can see how they modernized them so they'd be accessible to a new audience but they put a huge amount of work into keeping them true to the original material.

Rings of Power didn't seem to care about that at all.

I had some problems with Rogue One but I did like it, it was definitely the best of the new movies. I also liked The Force Awakens, although it being a soft reboot of the OG trilogy was disappointing. I brought my family to TFA and everyone had a great time. The second and third films were abominations and if there's a hell, the people responsible are going there.

Andor is now the gold standard for how good a show can be. I have nothing but praise for that show, as much as I loved it the first time the second time was so much better. The show is so deep on character development alone watching it again without the pressure of expectations let me really embrace and appreciate it.

The bad news is that Andor wasn't a success. All the properties that I consider vastly inferior did better on the back of fan service and terrible writing. I get that they were mostly kids shows and Andor was obviously written for a more mature audience, but at the end of the day they were more successful. I'm afraid nobody will care about the lessons Andor taught about making an excellent show.

I ended up hating Rings of Power. I went in with a very generous heart, I was just happy to see Middle Earth, but they failed catastrophically. I don't care even a little bit about the races of the actors cast, but the show used it's budget like a weapon. I think they figured if it looked pretty enough nobody would care that the writing was mediocre at best, terrible in parts.

One thing I don't see people talking about is how difficult it is to properly express Tolkien's characters. Jackson's trilogy did them justice; you can see how they modernized them so they'd be accessible to a new audience but they put a huge amount of work into keeping them true to the original material.

Rings of Power didn't seem to care about that at all.

I was hugely excited to see TFA, since it was the first new Star Wars movie since Revenge of the Sith. That excitement initially blinded me to the fact they had basically just remade A New Hope. Right down to vital information being hidden in a droid.

Kylo Ren looked Cool AF at the beginning, when he stopped a blaster-bolt in mid-air. But having him lose his fight with an untrained Rey completely destroyed any threat he might have presented. Yes, I know he was wounded, but again, that's just down to shit-tier writing.

Compare and contrast with Empire, where Vader effortlessly breaks Luke not just physically but psychologically. That gives their rematch in Jedi huge significance and gravitas. Even after training with Yoda, Luke is losing to Vader until he briefly turns to the Dark Side.

I never watched Rings of Power. For me, anything after Jackson's trilogy was meaningless. Casablanca was perfect. I don't need a prequel series about Rick and Elsa.

go to japan, call them evil, despicable racists, then cram a white guy in every show or movie you can find then ask the japanese what they think about it. you'll be shocked...if you're normal you won't.
If any "Westerns"Whatever Right or Left goes to Japan or some other Asian countries and starts doing something like this.
Likely you will get arrested and thrown fines or face possible travel restrictions the next time you visit.

I had being honestly tired of seeing stories from 2023. Of Some Westerns going to Japan, either mocking or attacking Japan's Culture or its Manga/Comic Culture "without naming that person who was arrested"

Imagine if some Asians or any from the East whatever Japan or China starts doing something similar in the west wouldn't be nice right?

If you care about George Lucas' involvement there's at least the fact that he loved Rogue One, and it's the only new movie I've seen him praise. Andor does something new with Star Wars, while still making it feel fitting, and it's been the biggest positive surprise I've had in a while as I didn't expect all that much from it. It also gives an interesting view into the Empire.

The First Age is off limits though as they don't have the right to the Sil.

Yes, and the lack of rights is one part of why making a Tolkien show is an uphill battle. It would probably have been easier to make a LotR show where they use the show format to go more in depth, although it would also need to be closer to Tolkien's writings in order to not be completely overshadowed by the movie trilogy.

As someone who loves the fantasy genre in entertainment i never understood the appeal of LotR. As a trilogy the movies were mediocre. An as popular IP's get milked in these television style spinoffs who cares if characters are gender and or race swapped.

People forget that when television was created the amount of garbage produced just to fill air time. More interesting topic is how on-demand streaming services were supposed to be the evolution of traditional TV. Yet theyre slowly introducing subscription fee prices and forced commercials identical to how traditional TV operates.

Back