Am I the only diehard Tyron Woodley fan on here lol?

I love his talent, and but he's awful outside the cage. He talks about money fights instead of earning them, and then he's had 2 poor fights in a row. (the first wonderboy fight was fotn if anyone remembers) I want him to do well, but he tries too hard outside the cage, and it's cringy to watch.

I'm pretty sure Flokkk and MikeyP are huge fans. They are in every thread defending him.

It honestly feels like it.

Every day I see negative threads and posts about him.

He's boring, he's passive, he's annoying, he's jarring, he's a race-baiter, he's overrated, he would get destroyed by Rory in a rematch, he is the most boring UFC champion of all-time, he lost to Wonderboy twice, his win against Condit was lucky etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.

I have always liked Tyron and truly became a diehard fan after his UFC debut.

I'll be cheering him again this weekend, I think he's an incredible fighter with great fight IQ.

Do I have any compadres here lol?

Not a diehard fan, but I support Woodley. Best WW champ to date and the most underrated.

I wouldn't call myself a diehard Woodley fan, but I am certainly a fan.

There are a few people out there who will spend their time on the internet defending him; mostly for reasons more or less unrelated to fighting.

You mean people like TS?

I really like Woodley as a person as well as his work ethic, mindset and fighting skills but I really think Till is about to fuck up his legacy.

The hate on him is generally justified and I honestly think Woodley encourages it. Here are some facts, good and bad, about Woodley:
2) He absolutely cowered against the cage and gave up against Rory in a fight I thought he'd win handily beforehand

And this is one of the reasons why you think people hate Woodley?

3) His title shot was not well deserved and he only got it because Dana wanted to punish Hendricks for missing weight for their title eliminator. Woodley played hard ball and sat out for a long time which was smart, but people were justifiably annoyed with him when Wonderboy was being active taking on all comers at the same time.

Conor got two undeserved title shots, one against Aldo and one against Alvarez. He also held both belt hostage for years, and people loved him for it.

4) His win over Lawler wasn't a fluke, but it wasn't a usual performance for him

So are you suggesting that because it wasn't a usual performance for Woodley, people hate him for it? Not sure what the point here is.

6) His performances since winning the belt have been incredibly lackluster and his relentless demands for "money fights" are both obnoxious and delusional (considering fans' lack of excitement for his fights)

People like to blame Woodley for the "boring" fights again Thompson, but in reality, if we look at it objectively, it's Thompson's style of fighting that is to blame. Thompson used the same style against Till, and that fight was a stinker.

7) With multiple unavenged losses and unimpressive performances, he is nowhere near nor will be ever be near the title of WW GOAT which belongs to GSP. He is also not close to Hughes.

Both GSP and Hughes fought in an era where the WW contenders were no where near the level that it is now. But regardless, why would Woodley not being WW GOAT a "justifiable reason to hate"?

TLDR: Smart fighter who will make lots of money but will never be popular or go down as one of the greats

I don't know how much money he makes, but for sure he is not getting promoted enough by WME / UFC for his dominance at WW.

I respect the man as a fighter and champion, he's solidified himself as the #3 WW behind GSP and Hughes, but I wouldn't call myself a fan. Too passive in the cage and don't care for his personality.

He knocked out Lawler. What else is there to be a fan of? You must keep playing that fight over and over...

Not a diehard fan, but I support Woodley. Best WW champ to date and the most underrated.

Cmon, man. Please explain how you could put him above GSP. Not more entertaining, not more well-rounded, not more accomplished. What possible argument is there?

He's boring, he's passive, he's annoying, he's jarring, he's a race-baiter, he's overrated, he would get destroyed by Rory in a rematch, he is the most boring UFC champion of all-time, he lost to Wonderboy twice, his win against Condit was lucky etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.

I'll be cheering him again this weekend, I think he's an incredible fighter with great fight IQ.

Yeah. Probly just you.
I like Tyron because I remember him wrestling with Mizzou when I used to follow wrestling on TV. Not sure I'd say I'm a diehard. I do root for him, though.

Cmon, man. Please explain how you could put him above GSP. Not more entertaining, not more well-rounded, not more accomplished. What possible argument is there?

Head to head he likely wrecks GSP. Yea I know GSP has a great jab but Woodley has a great overhand.

sherdog race baiting
giphy.gif

I cannot stand the “race” stuff, it’s painful. But I am a fan, have been since he was a superstar all American wrestler out of Missouri. He blasted kosheck, won the title by ko’ing Lawler quick, he’s explosive and throws bombs in all his fights. I’m a fan! People mad he didn’t grapple with Maia? It’s like come on! He had firefights with wonderboy and won! His wrestling and striking is just too good.

I am an American and want him to beat up the Brit!

I do see a lot of truths in what Woodley said. For example:

me!!! I love tyron woodley and I know he is going to woodfuck till. tyron is GOAT.

I fucks with Woodley. Great overachiever imo.

I want him to win for the wwe shitshow with Colby that will follow.

Proud Woodley fan right here.

Has some of the greatest fight preparation and fight IQ of all time.

Back