Am I the only diehard Tyron Woodley fan on here lol?

Woodley is a beast. Still can't forget the loss to Rory though.

Im a diehard fan.

Fuck the virgin haters

depends if his mom has a sherdog account

Nope!

Woodley is the most underrated combat sportsman of our time. He won't truly be appreciated until he retires and it becomes apparent just how difficult it is to replicate him.

It honestly feels like it.

Every day I see negative threads and posts about him.

He's boring, he's passive, he's annoying, he's jarring, he's a race-baiter, he's overrated, he would get destroyed by Rory in a rematch, he is the most boring UFC champion of all-time, he lost to Wonderboy twice, his win against Condit was lucky etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.

I have always liked Tyron and truly became a diehard fan after his UFC debut.

I'll be cheering him again this weekend, I think he's an incredible fighter with great fight IQ.

Do I have any compadres here lol?

Im with you. Judging by the way the warroom forum is chances are he is hated because of his views rather than his fighting style. These are the people that swung from gsps nuts

Are u black?
Why is that even remotely important?

Woodley says some dumb stuff. Calls Condit a point fighter, talks about unleashing his inner Ferguson etc. You can dislike him for that. He's also returned money to Gastelum when he missed weight and said some kind stuff about other fighters. You can like him for that.

But choosing how you feel about him based on his colour is just asinine. He is who he is regardless.

OT: I am not a fan, his fights aren't exciting often enough for my tastes, and he upset me with the Condit fight. But I'd think if I were to have a beer with him we would get along very well, and he's a much better fighter than most seem to want to admit. .

I'll never forget what he did to Andre Galvao in Strikeforce, fucking retired him from MMA fighting after that beatdown, I'm a fan, if you think Woodley is a pain ass diva Galvao was worse, until Tyrone put a beating on him and now he just has his ATOS gyms and does jiu jitsu seminars lol.

and now he just has his ATOS gyms and does jiu jitsu seminars lol.

Whata re you talking about.

Galvao since Woodley fight continued to grapple and won multiple world championships - ADCC, IBJJF - in different weight categories and Absolute.
So he understood that MMA is not for him after he got KTFO - but he did not retire by any means. He's one of the best ever in BJJ

Im not a diehard but i appreciate his game. IMO he gets a lot of unwarranted hate. This is a man whose third fight was in strikeforce and hes been climbing the ladder ever since. Hes had some boring fights and some of hi interviews have been cringe but other than that you should at least respect the skills.
Also im from St. Louis so i have to root for the home team.

Whata re you talking about.

Galvao since Woodley fight continued to grapple and won multiple world championships - ADCC, IBJJF - in different weight categories and Absolute.
So he understood that MMA is not for him after he got KTFO - but he did not retire by any means. He's one of the best ever in BJJ

I said MMA, I never mentioned his time after retiring and his great grappling career, that wasn't my point, not at all.
Much like Marcelo Garcia, a grappling wizard but once you punch him in the face he folds like a chair lol...

I said MMA, I never mentioned his time after retiring and his great grappling career, that wasn't my point, not at all.
Much like Marcelo Garcia, a grappling wizard but once you punch him in the face he folds like a chair lol...

You said he only runs his gyms and does his seminars.
It's hardly a full story , when he's a super-active mega-elite BJJ practitioner at the same time.

No, brother, GSP would wear him down. Probably even out struck him in the process. Woodley’s very fast, but he lives with his back against the cage. Hard to see GSP not capitalizing on that, wheather it be through striking or grappling.
Gsp wants nothing to do with Woodley. I dont like to use the term duck, but he clearly wants no part of him.

OT: I am not a fan, his fights aren't exciting often enough for my tastes, and he upset me with the Condit fight. But I'd think if I were to have a beer with him we would get along very well, and he's a much better fighter than most seem to want to admit. .
What upset you about the Condit fight? That was one of his most exciting fights. If he fought like that more often hed be a superstar. He was beating the brakes off him.

You said he only runs his gyms and does his seminars.
It's hardly a full story , when he's a super-active mega-elite BJJ practitioner at the same time.

Sure I could've re-worded it, I've met him a few times at ATOS MMA U in Calgary, his grip strengh is like a gorilla's lol.
I still have and use his 'Drills to Win' book, that for me has been my Bible for jiu jitsu and grappling techniques and drills over the years.
I'm a fan of his, and so are you, obviously lol, coming to his defense like you are, I am not trying to burn Galvao but it is what is interpret it how you want lol.

What upset you about the Condit fight? That was one of his most exciting fights. If he fought like that more often hed be a superstar. He was beating the brakes off him.
Because Condit is my favourite fighter ever and he lost badly. That’s all.

He's a beast of a fighter, knocked out Robbie in one round, beat wonder-"boy twice on the feet when everyone was jerking off about how he'd wrestle fuck him. Outstanding results.

I love watching him and honestly think people race bait him because he has a bit of a chip on his shoulder.

Last edited:
I'm fine with him, I like him. He is not my favorite fighter or anything but I don't dislike him. I like him much more than that Till guy

Woodley is amazing when he is attacking,
he could have ended up the fight with Stephen twice, but decided to be cautious
sometimes it is better to win a decision than losing the belt

the way he took the title from Robbie was fantastic, there is a reason why GSP want nothing to do with TWoodley

Till is probably the most difficult fight right now, his size is a challenge to anybody in this division

Back