Am I the only diehard Tyron Woodley fan on here lol?

I'm a huge fan of Woodley and generally just sit back and enjoy the butthurt that ensues after his victories.

It honestly feels like it.

Every day I see negative threads and posts about him.

He's boring, he's passive, he's annoying, he's jarring, he's a race-baiter, he's overrated, he would get destroyed by Rory in a rematch, he is the most boring UFC champion of all-time, he lost to Wonderboy twice, his win against Condit was lucky etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.

I have always liked Tyron and truly became a diehard fan after his UFC debut.

I'll be cheering him again this weekend, I think he's an incredible fighter with great fight IQ.

Do I have any compadres here lol?

Another compadre here. I enjoy watching him fight.

Cmon, man. Please explain how you could put him above GSP. Not more entertaining, not more well-rounded, not more accomplished. What possible argument is there?

In terms of achievements at WW, GSP is the #1, no question. But in terms of absolute best at their peaks, the best version of Woodley KOs the best version of GSP.

In terms of achievements at WW, GSP is the #1, no question. But in terms of absolute best at their peaks, the best version of Woodley KOs the best version of GSP.

In what alternate universe? Best version of GSP boxes Woodley up with ease IMO.

I’ve always been a fan. All the way back to strikeforce. I remember watching him, when he was really green.

Watch out TS, slot of good ol boys on this website.

No, brother, GSP would wear him down. Probably even out struck him in the process. Woodley’s very fast, but he lives with his back against the cage. Hard to see GSP not capitalizing on that, wheather it be through striking or grappling.

And this is one of the reasons why you think people hate Woodley?

Conor got two undeserved title shots, one against Aldo and one against Alvarez. He also held both belt hostage for years, and people loved him for it.

So are you suggesting that because it wasn't a usual performance for Woodley, people hate him for it? Not sure what the point here is.

People like to blame Woodley for the "boring" fights again Thompson, but in reality, if we look at it objectively, it's Thompson's style of fighting that is to blame. Thompson used the same style against Till, and that fight was a stinker.

Both GSP and Hughes fought in an era where the WW contenders were no where near the level that it is now. But regardless, why would Woodley not being WW GOAT a "justifiable reason to hate"?

I don't know how much money he makes, but for sure he is not getting promoted enough by WME / UFC for his dominance at WW.
Ummm I said 2 different points in 2 different sentences; 1) being that I feel the hate on Woodley is justified and that he welcomes it and 2) that I am going to state facts about Woodley's career (both good and bad) which was never stated to be reasons why he is hated. You crammed both sentences together and basically just wasted a bunch of your own time picking points in an argument that was never made. Also, lol @ saying WW contenders of GSP's era are nowhere near the level they are now. Yeah that 40 year old Demian Maia, Woodley's last defense, is sure the cream of the crop eh? Please :rolleyes:

I think Tyron's fans have certainly increased when they announced that he was fighting Darren Till.

I think Tyron's fans have certainly increased when they announced that he was fighting Darren Till.

cc13bfdd37da37a25314091815568637.jpg

Yes, you are the only Tyrone “die hard” fan.
No, there are not any others.
Have fun with yourself.

It honestly feels like it.

Every day I see negative threads and posts about him.

He's boring, he's passive, he's annoying, he's jarring, he's a race-baiter, he's overrated, he would get destroyed by Rory in a rematch, he is the most boring UFC champion of all-time, he lost to Wonderboy twice, his win against Condit was lucky etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.

I have always liked Tyron and truly became a diehard fan after his UFC debut.

I'll be cheering him again this weekend, I think he's an incredible fighter with great fight IQ.

Do I have any compadres here lol?

Do you like him just cause he’s black so you can feel cool?

Hey guys I like a black fighter I must be cool.

Two of the GOATs in their weight classes were black. Three if you count DJ.

It’s Sherdog, try judging fighters based on skill or character not color.

I like Woodley but the idea of someone being a die hard fan of him seems kinda strange to me. Like that's your main guy? Why? He's great but idk, doesn't seem like someone to obsess over

In what alternate universe? Best version of GSP boxes Woodley up with ease IMO.

In the same Universe where Hendricks was on the verge of knocking out GSP. Hendricks' wrestling nullified GSP's, and his boxing and KO power was GSP's kryptonite. Woodley is a much better version of Hendricks.

In the same Universe where Hendricks was on the verge of knocking out GSP. Hendricks' wrestling nullified GSP's, and his boxing and KO power was GSP's kryptonite. Woodley is a much better version of Hendricks.

lol at that being anywhere near best gsp. woodley has power but his technique is relatively mediocre. outside of right time right place ko over lawler he's fought two top fighters with great hands and easily lost to both of them. i don't know how anyone could watch rory toying with woodley and think he'd beat a prime gsp.

edit: also lmao at hendricks being on the verge of knocking out gsp. i thought he won the fight but come the fuck on. never. happened.

Last edited:
I feel that seeing this thread of yours confirms my suspicions.

Tyron will lose the belt to Till. Sorry.

I really like Woodley, he is great martial artist, hope he will beat Till.

Back