Am I in the minority for having no tattoos for someone my age?

Born ‘81... Anyone else kind of feel like they’re so glad they never got any tattoos?

I rarely enjoy other people’s tattoos.
No. Im also 81 born and have none. Qhen we were in highschool people were still getting barbed wire bicep bands lol. Though the kids that are now in thier 20s. Now kf they dont have any, i woukd be more surprised.

My first wish for a tattoo was a barcode on my neck, or the back of my head.

The second was an ant sized ant on my hand.

Thank fuck I didn't go ahead. Although the ant idea is still cool. Just imagine, someone might say "you have an ant on your hand" and try to brush it off and I'd be all like "ha, psyche! It's not a real ant" and I'd be interesting for half a second.

9087A2A3-3923-49E9-B71A-8CB21DB5E425.jpeg

84. Almost everyone I know has at least 1 tat. I don't care if someone has tats or not. Even bad ones don't bother me. I just really don't think about it honestly. I've thought about getting one but three things always stop me.

1. I don't care enough to sit in a chair for long enough to get one.
2. I don't know what I want. Just thinking about it is a choir to me and I always stop after like 5 mins.
3. Anything I want will never be worth it to get tatted on my body. As in I wont want to pay the money cause I don't care enough.

My wife has a bunch just recently got one that I threw in for. One thing that is weird is I don't like feet. Not into that stuff. If a women has a tattoo on top of her foot though I don't know why but I find it sexy as hell.

84. Almost everyone I know has at least 1 tat. I don't care if someone has tats or not. Even bad ones don't bother me. I just really don't think about it honestly. I've thought about getting one but three things always stop me.

1. I don't care enough to sit in a chair for long enough to get one.
2. I don't know what I want. Just thinking about it is a choir to me and I always stop after like 5 mins.
3. Anything I want will never be worth it to get tatted on my body. As in I wont want to pay the money cause I don't care enough.

My wife has a bunch just recently got one that I threw in for. One thing that is weird is I don't like feet. Not into that stuff. If a women has a tattoo on top of her foot though I don't know why but I find it sexy as hell.
What does she have?

What does she have?

A bunch of quotes on her body. I always joke that the coroner is going to spend half an hour reading her quotes the day she dies. One guy asked me permission to read them once when we were in Aruba. Always thought that was funny. In fact I think her whole body is all quotes\words. She does have a teddy bear on her as well that she got recently.

A bunch of quotes on her body. I always joke that the coroner is going to spend half an hour reading her quotes the day she dies. One guy asked me permission to read them once when we were in Aruba. Always thought that was funny. In fact I think her whole body is all quotes\words. She does have a teddy bear on her as well that she got recently.
By that analogy my coroner's fucked with me, I've got two big Thai things a Thai monk scribbled on me haha. Where's the teddy bear?

By that analogy my coroner's fucked with me, I've got two big Thai things a Thai monk scribbled on me haha. Where's the teddy bear?

lol yea he'll probably just give up with you. The teddy bears on her forearm. It's a little teddy bear with a heart and our sons initials. It's pretty well done cause he made it look like a sort of unkempt teddy bear which I thought was a nice touch. She also has a Halloween one but I forget what that one is exactly. It was a last minute tat she got with her friend.

I'm sorry but I just don't understand the holier than thou attitudes from some individuals regarding their lack of tattoos. If you never wanted any that's cool. By all means, be true to yourself. And if you prefer to remain ink-free, then by all means stay that way.

But why the need to belittle or look down upon those that choose to get inked up? It's my body & if I decide to get one tattoo or two dozen tattoos, that's my prerogative. If you don't like my ink then just don't look at me. That's the way that I feel about it.

IMO, you'll look dirty having numerous tattoos like basketball player Chris Andersen for example, or like the rappers of today who have tattoos even on their faces.
A few well placed tattoos, I don't mind though.

Born in 1981 myself and have tons of tattoos, mostly covered but none on my hands or head lol.

My father and grandfather and all going back had tattoos as well.

I have Hawaiian tribal stuff, as it’s my heritage, but I admit I kind of dislike how now I see all kinds of people with “trendy” Polynesian tattoos with no connection to the culture.

I have Asian kan symbols down my triceps barb wire around my bicep
lower back tat that reads tramp
tap out on my left pec
and five tear drops on my cheek for the dead homies

besides that I have a fairly conservative appearance

You should fill your body with quotes of @Clippy, @Medulla Omoplata, and @Slobodan arguing.

Born in 1981 myself and have tons of tattoos, mostly covered but none on my hands or head lol.

My father and grandfather and all going back had tattoos as well.

I have Hawaiian tribal stuff, as it’s my heritage, but I admit I kind of dislike how now I see all kinds of people with “trendy” Polynesian tattoos with no connection to the culture.
I think out of every one that has posted in this thread you and I are the only ones w/ tats lol their might be a few others but we're definitely in the minority

lol yea he'll probably just give up with you. The teddy bears on her forearm. It's a little teddy bear with a heart and our sons initials. It's pretty well done cause he made it look like a sort of unkempt teddy bear which I thought was a nice touch. She also has a Halloween one but I forget what that one is exactly. It was a last minute tat she got with her friend.
Scruffy teddy bears are the best teddy bears.
Both of the Thai ones are pretty big, but other half and I got one of them the same as a 20th anniversary thing and getting the same monk to do them one after the other was neat, my other one above it is a my mother and I thing. Same with another big one I have mother and music wise.

Scruffy teddy bears are the best teddy bears.
Both of the Thai ones are pretty big, but other half and I got one of them the same as a 20th anniversary thing and getting the same monk to do them one after the other was neat, my other one above it is a my mother and I thing. Same with another big one I have mother and music wise.

Damn getting a monk to do it. That's pretty awesome. I'd get a tat in that situation just for the story.

Damn getting a monk to do it. That's pretty awesome. I'd get a tat in that situation just for the story.
It’s called ask yant so done with bamboo and a stabby thing rather than the normal method. He was such a cool guy, we had a translator with us and he said I was a warrior because I didn’t flinch or ask for a break. I can happily sit still with ink though, I find the pain cathartic pain rather than ouch pain. Both of the tattoos look like one whole tattoo so he took lots of pictures because it looked so pretty.

Last edited:
Born in 94, no tattoos. Have had an idea for 1 I've been sitting on for years, might get it if the opportunity presents itself.

Born in 88, have none, the only people I know who have them (Which is quite a few) are all attention seekers and try to make them conversation starters.

Born in 88, have none, the only people I know who have them (Which is quite a few) are all attention seekers and try to make them conversation starters.
You know the wrong people. Mine are conversation starters, but I'm not the one to start the conversations. started a new job a few months ago and get asked about them loads, the same with another guy I'm friends with at work whose is awesome. It's an ice breaker.

Back