Am I in the minority for having no tattoos for someone my age?

Born in 87 , no Tats , but my younger Brothers are Sleeved up and yeah no , its not for me.

My first wish for a tattoo was a barcode on my neck, or the back of my head.

The second was an ant sized ant on my hand.

Thank fuck I didn't go ahead. Although the ant idea is still cool. Just imagine, someone might say "you have an ant on your hand" and try to brush it off and I'd be all like "ha, psyche! It's not a real ant" and I'd be interesting for half a second.

Born in 81 and no tats. You're right in that it tends to be more unique than having tattoos. At my bjj gym us non tatters are the minority. Nothing against them its just not something that ever appealed to me in a serious way.

Born in 1986 and I don't have tattoos. I'd probably benefit from them more too, as I have a lot of stretch marks due to weight gain throughout my teenaged years.

I just don't like them. I think they look dirty. Then again, I never liked writing on my skin with a pen either...

23b005ae92db021db17f66bd15251672.jpg

In my 50's, no tats. I went through a phase where I wanted a tribal on my arm.
My issue is I never stay interested in a single design long enough to justify it.
I always thought I wouldn't want that on my wall forever, so why would I put it on my body forever?
I don't begrudge anyone their ink, my wife has one and wants more. My daughter has several smaller ones and wants more.

I'm about the same age as TS and don't have any. Never thought that people without them are in the minority.

Born 1973.... none... at some point there is really no point.
This.

41 years old never tattooed. Same with the wife.

Ive never thought of something that I'd want permanently on body. Certainly am not going to change my mind in my 40s.

This.

41 years old never tattooed. Same with the wife.

Ive never thought of something that I'd want permanently on body. Certainly am not going to change my mind in my 40s.
Yup. Me too

born in 71, no tats (or piercings).
a tat is a commitment that i'm not willing to make, much like most other long term commitments.

no tattoos is the new tattoo

'89 born, would have gotten some tats had I not been a fat fuck

Born in 91. I love tattoos but don't have any and probably won't for a long time if at all. My issue is I never stay interested in a single design long enough to justify it.
I have one that I really like and it took several months between the idea and the actual tattoo being applied. The reason why I've never had any others since then, is because I haven't had an idea that I liked as much. I feel you should have that level of commitment before getting a tattoo.

Born in 1986, because it was specified by OP.

Im 29 and have none but giving a lot of serious thought to changing that. not to just be like everyone else but because I have some ideas that would actually mean something to me. but I dont know. guess Ill need to sit on the idea for a while longer before I commit

Idk man, no tats. If something is important to me I just remember it.

The misses and I are both mid 30s with no tats. My brother has his wife's name tattooed on his ring finger. Their marriage is currently going through some turmoil and their future together is uncertain. Might be a big ragret later.

Back