Am I in the minority for having no tattoos for someone my age?

Born 85' and have no tattoos. Not that I care if people have them, I just never got any myself.

123565214_10218614881103338_5028842668843979889_o.jpg

Nobody is judging. I’m not, and I tried to make that clear. As I said, live and let live. I knew somebody would get offended by this post.

There’s a hilarious satire page on FB that equates all tattoos to pure evil, and my god, the comments from the people who don’t realize that its very obviously a spoof page. People take it so personal.

I’ve found a lot of “tattoo” people to have very thin skin when it comes to ink, ironically.

It’s ok to admit that covering ur body with tattoos that u think are cool, but then 20 yrs later, u look at it and think, what a dud.

Oh, no worries. I wasn't referring to your original post or even the thread in general. There were just a few comments after yours that indicated a clear bias against individuals like me with ink that I found to be rather ridiculous that's all.

As for having "thin skin" when it comes to negative comments regarding tattoos, that's not me. As I said, my attitude is if someone doesn't like my ink then they can just look away if it bothers them so much. But I'm also not beyond calling out asinine comments from people either.

As far as regrets about old tattoos, from years ago, I personally have none aside from getting my first wife's name inked on me. But that was an easy fix as I simply had it inked over.

Peace.

I have one tattoo I got when I was 17. Its my dad's initials on my arm.

I dont regret it, but i wish I would have got it done correctly instead of in some random Mexican kids trailer home. Whatever.

And yes I feel like I'm in the minority not being covered in ink. Even though I do have one, sometimes I forget it's even there. I'll look at my arm and surprise myself.

I think you are actually in the majority with one. Sorry buddy.

Born ‘81... Anyone else kind of feel like they’re so glad they never got any tattoos?

I rarely enjoy other people’s tattoos.

'85 here and no tats on me either.

I'm not totally against getting one in the future, but i just don't know what i would tat myself with though. And it would be something that i designed and not one you pick off a wall...i wouldn't draw it, just design it because i can't draw for shit, hahaha

Some colleague of mine is a gorgeous chick. Thin tall elegant and edgy. She did some stupid shit in her arms around the elbows like some suns I think. Changed her mind and covered it all in some super huge black spot. Such a shame.

Always wanted a tattoo > got a matching set with my brother before he deployed to afghanistan > tattoos got stupid trendy > never want another but i do love mine.

Born ‘81... Anyone else kind of feel like they’re so glad they never got any tattoos?

I rarely enjoy other people’s tattoos.
You're Gen X by certain definitions. No, you're not in the minority among our batch. If you were 10-15 years younger you'd definitely be in the minority.

It's disgusting. Branding is for livestock.

Ah shit
I'll see myself out

But it's fine. I guess initials on an arm are sort of a minor breach, I suppose. Us non-tattoed people can give you a temporary membership, if nobody opposes it. But please understand that we can't do more than that.

You're Gen X by certain definitions. No, you're not in the minority among our batch. If you were 10-15 years younger you'd definitely be in the minority.

Isn't '81 generation X by all possible definitions? I am '80 and remember when I was younger generation X is all they called people my age. Now I am 40 so I am just an old fuck. And proud to be one btw.

And yes most people around my age I know, and even people down to like 30 Y-O don't have tats.

Isn't '81 generation X by all possible definitions? I am '80 and remember when I was younger generation X is all they called people my age. Now I am 40 so I am just an old fuck. And proud to be one btw.

And yes most people around my age I know, and even people down to like 30 Y-O don't have tats.
All the more sensible definitions, I'd estimate, but you never get 100% agreement with these informal, amorphously-defined terms. Some cut it off as early as '79. Some cut it off as late as '84.

I always preferred this. We define 18 as legally adult. "Millennials" are the last generation who were not adults before the turn of the Millennium. Thus, it must start at least as late as '83. The oldest of this group would have still been mostly minors when 9/11 happened which marks a shift in global politics and alliances as well as the world wars or civil rights revolutions from previous generations. Millennials are the Children of the Towers.

All the more sensible definitions, I'd estimate, but you never get 100% agreement with these informal, amorphously-defined terms. Some cut it off as early as '79. Some cut it off as late as '84.

I always preferred this. We define 18 as legally adult. "Millennials" are the last generation who were not adults before the turn of the Millennium. Thus, it must start at least as late as '83. The oldest of this group would have still been mostly minors when 9/11 happened which marks a shift in global politics and alliances as well as the world wars or civil rights revolutions from previous generations. Millennials are the Children of the Towers.

Hmmm according to that definition a millenial can be born in '80? That is a very strict definition of generation X.

Hmmm according to that definition a millenial can be born in '80? That is a very strict definition of generation X.
No, a Millennial could be born as early as '82 (not '83, excuse me, I was buffering like one would with a school year, but that isn't required here). A Gen X would be cut off there, and '81 would be the latest birth date for one of them.

If you are born on January 1st, 1982, you turn 18 on January 1st, 2000. You were by definition a minor throughout the previous Millennium.

BTW I think the biggest cut off of our lifetime will likely be around '95. People born after that are the first ones to grow up (at least during their teen years) with social media and smartphones.

BTW I think the biggest cut off of our lifetime will likely be around '95. People born after that are the first ones to grow up (at least during their teen years) with social media and smartphones.
Yes, agreed, I definitely think the existence of smartphones should be the defining calibrator for the subsequent generation that follows Millennials (however that warps the generational window we try to apportion evenly). People who grew up never knowing a world without smartphones....it's breaks my head when I try to think about how they see the world.

You just called me a cow, didn't you? howdareyou.gif

Back