Am I in the minority for having no tattoos for someone my age?

Wicked. I have a terrible tolerance with burns, do it a lot cooking and while I'm fine with tattoos healing I'm a baby with burns. So no issues pain wise with the healing? I understand your pain threshold, try and think how a normal person might take it :D
Yeah if you don't like burns, a branding definitely isn't for you. The skin turns black and peels plus there is infections. Definitely not for most.
I have nerve damage and all that, so I literally have problems feeling. Like I can't tell the difference between my bicycle seat being wet or cold. Same with clothes. Can't tell at all

Yeah if you don't like burns, a branding definitely isn't for you. The skin turns black and peels plus there is infections. Definitely not for most.
I have nerve damage and all that, so I literally have problems feeling. Like I can't tell the difference between my bicycle seat being wet or cold. Same with clothes. Can't tell at all
I hadn't thought about it before till you brought it up. You're the only person I've had a conversation with where I've thought about it. I don't have enough skin left for what I'm considering but it's interesting. Thank you for sharing :)

I rarely know anyone who has tatto.

I'm almost 27 now and don't have any tattoos, though that may change in the near future. I've generally been of the mind that I'd like to get them some day but only once I know for sure what I want and have it drawn out and planned and everything, also gave myself the arbitrary threshold of turning 25 before I get any so I'd be less reactionary.

Seems at least 50% of people my age have tats; I don't really think it is a big deal either way though I do think it is silly for people to get culture-specific things like tribal tattoos or kanji if they don't have any personal connection to them.

Retarded? Okay my husband and I had the same one done for our 20th anniversary by a monk in Thailand. You think we're retarded? I work for a very corporate company and they are fine with my tattoos so that isn't a hindrance...why retarded?
so in addition to getting a tattoo, my stance on which you already know about, you got it done by a monk? in Thailand? yeah, I am sure the conditions were extremely sanitary. getting a tattoo in a country with one of the highest HIV infections in Asia just screams of intelligent decision making. I hope you got tested for HIV and Hep C afterwards.

so in addition to getting a tattoo, my stance on which you already know about, you got it done by a monk? in Thailand? yeah, I am sure the conditions were extremely sanitary. getting a tattoo in a country with one of the highest HIV infections in Asia just screams of intelligent decision making. I hope you got tested for HIV and Hep C afterwards.
It was a brand new stabby thing out of a sealed package, and he wiped us both down with a sterile liquid. Even the razor he had to use on husband was out of a sealed bag. Next question?

Me and a buddy went to spring break in South Beach in the 90s. We ended up in a club and hooked up with these Argentinian Doubles tennis pros. We were drinking heavy and smoking weed and thought it would be smart to get matching tattoos. For some reason these South American girls agreed to Shamrocks lmao (I’m Irish American). They all got them on their ankles, my buddy on his arm....I got mine on my hip. So gay it’s not even funny....but no regrets because I knew I was drunk enough that I shouldn’t put it in a visible place.

It was a brand new stabby thing out of a sealed package, and he wiped us both down with a sterile liquid. Even the razor he had to use on husband was out of a sealed bag. Next question?
you probably meant sterilizing? but nobody's got time for such minute details lol
was ink sterile too?

you probably meant sterilizing? but nobody's got time for such minute details lol
was ink sterile too?
Okay. "lol", it was a year ago. And I'm apparently AIDS free. And yes it was fresh sealed ink. Have you ever been in a similar scenario? You're laying it on pretty thick. When were you in Thailand last?

I'm almost 27 now and don't have any tattoos, though that may change in the near future. I've generally been of the mind that I'd like to get them some day but only once I know for sure what I want and have it drawn out and planned and everything, also gave myself the arbitrary threshold of turning 25 before I get any so I'd be less reactionary.

Seems at least 50% of people my age have tats; I don't really think it is a big deal either way though I do think it is silly for people to get culture-specific things like tribal tattoos or kanji if they don't have any personal connection to them.

What I tell some people about getting tattoos is get a temporary one and put it on the spot they want to get tattooed. If they like it after a while get one. If not, they know they don't want it. I tried that with several temporary tattoos. Hated them after 2-3 days.

Okay. "lol", it was a year ago. And I'm apparently AIDS free. And yes it was fresh sealed ink. Have you ever been in a similar scenario? You're laying it on pretty thick. When were you in Thailand last?
Disregard that fool.

Not my cup of tea but to each their own. Think I've said it in another thread, but if you're in the military and got your unit tatted, maybe a small memorial of a dead child, or some other life changing thing cool! I want to hear/know about it. If you got a vacay tat with your "bessie", a dolphin/butterfly/grimreaper/barbedwire, some shit that "inspired" you, all the way off is the direction in which you need to fuck.

I legit know a guy in his 20's who has a tramp stamp.
Hah! I know someone thats a tad of an awkward duck socially that found herself a guy. She was gushing about his trampstamp while the same time ardently swatting down rumors of teh gayness. Think they lasted a couple months.

Last edited:
From farther than 5 feet away I can't even tell what they are. Guys in the UFC just look like they have a skin disease. I have no interest in getting one.

Born ‘81... Anyone else kind of feel like they’re so glad they never got any tattoos?

I rarely enjoy other people’s tattoos.

Born 81 and no tattoos as well. I'm not against getting one per se, just never thought of what I'd get, would seem a fairly major step so I'd want to be sure.

Was going to get my son's favourite TV character, he's not going to be 5 forever though.

40+ tattoos at 32 years old..still getting much more

Back