• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Elections Almost a third of Americans still believe the 2020 election result was fraudulent

Doesn't anybody remember the 2016 election was also supposed to be rigged? right up until the moment Trump won it.

We saw his cards then. He stuffed them up his sleeve for 4 years, and apparently that's enough to fool 1/3 of Americans.

Remember? We've been hearing about how the Russians helped him win for 7 years now.

There was nothing odd happening to anyone who chose to be informed.

We knew ahead of time that Trump was telling his supporters not to vote by mail. We knew ahead of time that Democrats were telling their supporters to vote by mail. We knew ahead of time that certain states decided to count mail in ballots last. There was a lot of reporting on this and the expected red mirage. Trump fans chose to ignore these facts and run with their own narrative because their guy winning was more important than maintaining a grip on reality.

Also lol at referencing people gambling. The exact same thing happens on live sports betting. Why would that be odd to you?
Well in Michigan, they supposedly STOPPED counting for the night. Then by morning, when they had supposedly STOPPED counting, Biden was ahead. Very odd indeed

You don't get it... removing bariers so more registered voters can vote is bad because they might get the wrong answer.

Turnout was up 770 bps from 2020, but it doesn't look like higher turnout necessarily benefits Democrats anymore. Richer and older voters skew right and tend to turn out consistently, but more educated voters skew left (and increasingly so) and also tend to have high turnout percentages. Tends to balance out. I wish that were more widely known, as I think more people voting is good for its own sake, and Republicans tend to oppose measures that make voting easier in part because they believe high turnout is bad for them (of course, they'd still be trying to do more targeted suppression).

Because in 2016, the results were known by midnight. In 2020, we were counting votes for 2+ weeks.

When you hear the results it's not that all the votes have been counted, it's that enough of them have been counted to predict the winner.

Far more people voted in 2020 than in 2016. Far more people voted by mail in 2020 than in 2016. The states that took the longest were close races that didn't allow ballots to be counted until election day.

Remember how quickly we got the Florida results? They started counting 22 days before the election.

Again, all this stuff was reported on PRIOR to the election. Only way you can claim to be surprised is if you weren't paying attention.

From a betting stand point, something seemed very odd. When counting on election night was supposedly over for the day(Somewhere around 11 PM EST), Trump was a -300 Favorite and Biden was +250.
It's almost as if the people who set the odd are reacting to where the money is going. I'm not sure you understand what betting odds are...they're price signals.

"if all factors were exactly like most elections previously, Trump would’ve won."

In what sense do you believe that it was stolen?

I think the best way to put it was that Trump lost by a big margin, and there wasn't any legitimate controversy about it.
It was a GSP joke.

I don’t think there was any sense that it was stolen.

I do think that our election system as a whole could use a big old overhaul to ensure no room for argument.

Well in Michigan, they supposedly STOPPED counting for the night. Then by morning, when they had supposedly STOPPED counting, Biden was ahead. Very odd indeed

Stop getting your information from random Facebook posts. Its embarrassing.

Imagine still pushing this nonsense after Republicans did a full scale audit of the election.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bakedboy
Back