All Time GOAT poll

man! Look at the state of his face...

That’s the so called goat?

I guess he didn’t have time to tap to strikes?

At least he wasn't KFTO'd by a guy two weight classes below him who happened to be pushing 40 at the time.....

How can georges be goat when he had the easiest lineup of one dimensional fighters whom.he never finished. Name one legend either in his prime or in his weight class that be beat. The only name is jake sheilds and georges literally lost two rounds on the feet to jake sheilds.
Will the names thiago alves, dan hardy, josh koscheck or matt serra ring in the halls of mma history? And this is 50% of his wins.

So anderson silva jumps UP in weight and fights 2 champions and two average guys. Gsp waited a decade to hand pick last legs bisping. Its disgraceful to discredit the heroic bushido spirit of Anderson silva and in the same breath shower gsp with accolades for fighting matt the hobbit serra and ths rest of his lackluster pedestrian competition.

GOAT talks AGAIN? :p Damn, you are bored.

I have it a tie between Fedor and GSP.

If DC could avenge his loss to Jon then I'd take him into account.

If Khabib moves up to take the WW belt then he'd be up there. Right now he is "only" the LW GOAT but not the P4P GOAT.

seeing as how fedor would fold GSP in half, i have him ahead.

EHGwIGixfKh19dEBxBwtFLGgjOU7fz7tC5uP0KOSLz0.gif

It is known by everyone since time immemorial that GSP had the best career,got out at the right time,and controversy almost NILL. So what fighter who is currently active can come close to achieving such perfection?

Obvs Khabib is number one on the list,but who else do you see being able to go in,take all the belts,and retire whenever the fuck they feel like,and leave UFC a broken ruin with no torches passed?

People need to wrap there head around the fact that there won't be anybody that will beat gsp for a very long time in terms of what he's accomplished.

That person to even match gsp has to win the ww title twice, and on the 2nd or 1st holding of the belt then defend 9 times in a row, then move up weight to mw and win that belt even if it's a one and done sort of deal....seriously all the morons that come on here and say this ww is going to beat or surpass gsp, shovel a load of cow shite down your throat, nobody is coming close to matching gsp's accomplishments, needless to say surpassing him to be the #1 WW goat, pure and simple.

that being said, we can appreciate all the other goat in the other divisions like what aldo did as FW, what fedor has done at HW, what jones has done at LHW, what silva had done at MW and what kahbib has done so far at LW....but even kahbib still has many title defenses to accomplish to match the greats of gsp, jones, silva, for consecutive title defenses....kahbib is the one who's on track to cement his legacy where gsp, fedor, silva and jones have pretty much solidified there's, as jones keeps fighting he will continue but the key for kahbib is title defenses....your undefeated record before the belt is fine and dandy but your amount of consecutive title defenses is even more impressive, your level of competition is much stronger, your always fighting the next best guy below you where when your climbing the ladder you could be fighting guys as good or so far below you in talent and skill that 1 out of 5 opponents are somewhat a challenge while the others are a given win or not even match worthy.....so when kahbib hits say 6 consecutive title defenses then he'll start to be right up there with the rest.

That's actually an enormous compliment being that he didnt share some of the more decorated wrestlers background.
Sounds like your just going in circles,refusing to call him the GOAT. Sort yourself out bud.

seeing as how fedor would fold GSP in half, i have him ahead.

EHGwIGixfKh19dEBxBwtFLGgjOU7fz7tC5uP0KOSLz0.gif
Fedor had been briefed earlier that day that this was one of the other GOATS from the other divisions.

It doesn't surprise me you're so deluded and disingenuous. You support habitual steroid cheats like Anderson Silva. You are the type of person who cheats and lies his way through life just like the fighters you look up to.

Your post has the facts completely mixed up. GSP fought and beat elite level opponents on a regular basis. Where as Anderoid reigned over a division stacked with Thales Leites' and Yushin Okami's.

Only a liar with no morals would defend a steroid cheat.

what are you talking about?

You’re nuthugging a duck n cherrypicker...

That definitely shows character...

he also tapped to strikes vs 5’5 lw!

Gsp is the exact opposite of bushido

code that you expect fighters to go by.

you got it all backwards kid

Hendricks passed same drug test as gsp. It was gsp the one ducking Wada test.

N in what world did gsp kick his ass?

more like Hendricks kicked his ass, however gsp was gifted a decision n ran away from the sport to avoid instant rematch.

Hendricks literally retired him in his prime. That’s worse than losing past your prime.
It was Hendricks that accused GSP, then GAP said fine let's do 3rd party testing, then offered to foot his bill.

Then Hendricks said " No I don't want to do VADA I want WADA like they do in the olympics, GSP is hiding something because he doesn't want to do Olympic style testing."

Then GSP had to explain to Hendricks that VADA is a accredited WADA organisation that only takes the samples and sends them to WADA to test.

Then Hendricks said that VADA has a picture as GSP on the website as one of the athletes they test, that it's too shady. He wants to go with NSAC OOC testing, GSP said fine.

GSP was unaware of NSAC's OOC testing protocol, and had his lawyer send Keizer questions to inquire about it, while saying no matter what it is GSP has agreed to do it.

Keizer then said GSP wasn't serious about it, and Hendricks refused that as well as any other additional testing, even though GSP said he can chose whatever 3rs party testing and GAP will foot the bill.

while GSP still went through 3rd party testing by VADA.

In retrospect, as soon as they adopted OOC testing Hendricks has gone on a losing binge and can't even make 170 anymore.

none of this is speculation. It is documented fact. You are talking out of your ass at this point

Fedor
Bones
Anderson
Dc
Aldo
MM
Khabib
Hendo
Nog
Stipe
Nunes
Valentina
Moussasi

Are the ones ahead of him on goat talk that i could think.of off the top of my head.
Fedor -> fair pick for the greatest fighter of all time, although heavyweight (even in Pride) never had the talentpool of divisions like light and welterweight, but still, a viable choice.

Bones -> failed drug tests (during USADA), also not a huge talent pool at LHW.

Anderson -> failed drug tests (although his prime was pre USADA) + opponents win-percentage wasn't as good as that of St-Pierre or Jones.

Dc -> It's possible that he'd have beaten Jones if the latter was clean, but i think DC would need a few more wins against top opposition anyways.

Aldo -> very good career in a very stacked division, but fell rather steep off at a relatively young age.

MM -> viable choice, underrated as f*ck by many.

Khabib -> dominant as hell in the most stacked division ever (imho), but still needs a couple more wins.

Hendo -> could've had a 29-8 record if he retired earlier, but even with that opposition, not the GOAT.

Nog -> could've retired at 31-4; absolutely a stellar figure in MMA, but not quite on the level as Fedor, GSP, etc.

Stipe -> great record for the most part, but in a division which is notorious for being shallow. (Love him though)

Nunes -> great record, but also in a division which has a small pool of talent and is shallow.

Valentina -> p4p better than Nunes in my opinion, but she fights in a division which doesn't do much for her - sadly, as i'm a huge fan of her.

Mousasi -> Very good fighter, but was beaten three times in his prime. (two of them were finishes.)

How can georges be goat when he had the easiest lineup of one dimensional fighters whom.he never finished. Name one legend either in his prime or in his weight class that be beat. The only name is jake sheilds and georges literally lost two rounds on the feet to jake sheilds.
Will the names thiago alves, dan hardy, josh koscheck or matt serra ring in the halls of mma history? And this is 50% of his wins.
It's actually quite rare for any GOAT candidate to beat many legends in their prime.
St-Pierre's opponents were on average around 29-30 years old, so he fought most of the guys in their prime and Matt Hughes wasn't far removed from it (if at all) as well.

Another big part of why people consider some guys legends is perception.
I can tell you that if there's exactly as many flyweight as there are heavyweights on the world, and each fighter has a counterpart at the lower/higher weightclass in the other division, then the heavyweights will be rather seen as legends, just because of the "baddest man on the planet" stigma, which itself makes sense, but has no bearing on actual skill.

Last edited:
Whoa.
We live here now.

Fedor -> fair pick for the greatest fighter of all time, although heavyweight (even in Pride) never had the talentpool of divisions like light and welterweight, but still, a viable choice.

Anderson -> failed drug tests (although his prime was pre USADA) + opponents win-percentage wasn't as good as that of St-Pierre or Jones.

Dc -> It's possible that he'd have beaten Jones if the latter was clean, but i think DC would need a few more wins against top opposition anyways.

Aldo -> very good career in a very stacked division, but fell rather steep off at a relatively young age.

Khabib -> dominant as hell in the most stacked division ever (imho), but still needs a couple more wins.

Hendo -> could've had a 29-8 record if he retired earlier, but even with that opposition, not the GOAT.

Nog -> could've retired at 31-4; absolutely a stellar figure in MMA, but not quite on the level as Fedor, GSP, etc.

Stipe -> great record for the most part, but in a division which is notorious for being shallow. (Love him though)

Nunes -> great record, but also in a division which has a small pool of talent and is shallow.

Valentina -> p4p better than Nunes in my opinion, but she fights in a division which doesn't do much for her - sadly, as i'm a huge fan of her.

Mousasi -> Very good fighter, but was beaten three times in his prime. (two of them were finishes.)

It's actually quite rare for any GOAT candidate to beat many legends in their prime.
St-Pierre's opponents were on average around 29-30 years old, so he fought most of the guys in their prime and Matt Hughes wasn't far removed from it (if at all) as well.

Another big part of why people consider some guys legends is perception.
I can tell you that if there's exactly as many flyweight as there are heavyweights on the world, and each fighter has a counterpart at the lower/higher weightclass in the other division, then the heavyweights will be rather seen as legends, just because of the "baddest man on the planet" stigma, which itself makes sense, but has no bearing on actual skill.

I have to say, even though i unequivocally disagree with many of the things you have written i truly and sincerely thank you for making a clear argument without name calling and finger pointing. I feel like everytime someone argues against georges legacy they get mf'd to the living death here. You did not do that and i appreciate the discourse.

Here is where i think you are wrong in the argument that most goats dont fight goats. Fedor defeated two all time greats at their apex. Anderson not only defeated some all time greats, he moved up and took on and absolutely destroyed all of his opponents whether they were legends or not.
Dc moved up and down between weight classes and held ajd defended belts.
MM has never had a hof opponent other than dom and he lost that one but he finished guys and made them look like amatuers.
Hendo has fought valiantly in three weight classes and has won huge fights.
Mousassi has been a champ and has also fought and finished guys in three weight classes.
Amanda and valentina have dominated everyone in multiple weight classes.

Do you see the pattern. These fighters are all true pound for pound greats. Ill even put randy up there too. Georges built a legacy on matt serra, josh friggin koscheck, 40 year old hughes, lw bj, thiago ".500" alves and dan hardy. He never finished any of them aside from.bj and there was controversey invovled there that i wont go.into.

So georges beat a bunch of pedestrian and past prime guys without ever punching up like everyone else on this list has. His resume imo is vastly overrated and therefore he is way down any goat list.

You can't do this without even remotely look at actually FINISH his

Georges built a legacy on matt serra, josh friggin koscheck, 40 year old hughes, lw bj, thiago ".500" alves and dan hardy. He never finished any of them aside from.bj and there was controversey invovled there that i wont go.into.

So georges beat a bunch of pedestrian and past prime guys without ever punching up like everyone else on this list has. His resume imo is vastly overrated and therefore he is way down any goat list.

His competition may be overrated but is still at least as good as any other candidate's.

Your post has the facts completely mixed up. GSP fought and beat elite level opponents on a regular basis. Where as Anderoid reigned over a division stacked with Thales Leites' and Yushin Okami's.

Anderson and GSP fought comparably tough competition.
Yushin Okami beat Shields btw (he got robbed) and in his prime would have beaten a good number of GSP's challengers.

Only a liar with no morals would defend a steroid cheat.

only an on-line forum rat nerd would come with morality in the sport of fighting; much more from Silva's time.

Fedor
-> fair pick for the greatest fighter of all time, although heavyweight (even in Pride) never had the talentpool of divisions like light and welterweight, but still, a viable choice.

Most, if not all organizations Fedor fought for had sparse drug testing. But I'll acquiesce to the notion Fedor beat far more big and scary dudes, who in all likelihood were on heavy amounts of "supplements".

Back