All Time GOAT poll

Conor Mcgregor is the obivious answer if you dont agree then you´re probably some casual who didnt even follow the sport when Conor bursted out into the scene
By the time McGregor came to the UFC I had already been following the sport for almost 20 years.

I can say with 100% certainty that McGregor is not the GOAT. The only defensible answers are Jones and GSP. Honourable mention goes to Anderson Silva.

Last edited:
Anderoid nuthugger detected

Imagine crying about a poll

<36>
What about your precious GSP?
HGHSP detected.
Natty in the making.....{<jordan}

GSP is just as natty as Yoel, Lesnar, Vitor and many others.....
I'm glad those needlemarks on his stomach are barely visible<{shaqs}>

I kinda depresses me to see Sherdog electing the decisionator as GOAT.
Of all that list, he's the biggest PED abusergenetic freak.

I'd be ok with it had GSP tried to finish his fights and put up great performances, but he decided to LNP everyone after his loss to Serra. What a difference from the former GSP..
Y-y-y-you can't say that!!!!
He's my hero, don't burst my bubble about clean sport and fair play!!!

Sport evolves and what Conor 2.0 did that night against Cerrone is the highest level of fighting we have ever witnessed. Hes made more money than all the names you mentioned in shorter amount of time. He doesnt just talk the talk but also walks the walk and thats why he is infinite times more popular than any other fighter has ever been.

1. Conor
2. A.Silva
3. Jon Jones
4. GSP
5. Aldo
McGregor would not stand a chance against GSP. How much money he makes doesn't make him a better fighter.

Peak Gegard Mousasi would beat any fighter on the list barring Jon Jones. Mousasi would have defeated Anderson Silva, too.

Lyoto best Gegard at his peak too; in one of the best MMA battles of all time...

I voted for Jones because he doesn’t lose but he lost to Reyes IMO, so where is Khabib’s name?

Gsp is goat and Mighty Mouse is second but you dont even put him in the poll
SMH

What about your precious GSP?
HGHSP detected.
Natty in the making.....{<jordan}

GSP is just as natty as Yoel, Lesnar, Vitor and many others.....
I'm glad those needlemarks on his stomach are barely visible<{shaqs}>

Another Anderoid nuthugger detected

It’s just a poll

<36>

Y-y-y-you can't say that!!!!
He's my hero, don't burst my bubble about clean sport and fair play!!!
He actually was my favorite lol :oops:
But then he turned into The Decisionator, while Jones & Silva were kicking butts, I had to turn coat.

Creepy how people cling to fighters like religious fundamentalists.

(And don't waste your time with Perrichet, he sucks at trolling.)

He actually was my favorite lol :oops:
But then he turned into The Decisionator, while Jones & Silva were kicking butts, I had to turn coat.

Creepy how people cling to fighters like religious fundamentalists.

(And don't waste your time with Perrichet, he sucks at trolling.)

Lol at you saying another poster sucks at trolling when you are a massive hypocritical crybaby. Your constant bashing of GSP while crying when Anderson gets the same treatment is creepy

I often see the sentiment that the GOAT of all time must be a HW because HWs would beat all other fighters in an open weight tournament.

However - in my opinion - there is a difference between greatness and what I'll call dangerousness. For example, it's hard to deny that in terms of accomplishments and legacy, Fedor is the greatest HW of all time. Now, does that mean that I believe that in some mystical 'prime-for-prime' setting that I think Fedor would have more success than prime Ubereem or Cain? No. I believe that those two on their best (albeit in the Reem's case, horse meat enhanced) day one of those two are the most difficult to beat fighters of all time.

It's this conflation of Greatness and Dangerousness that I surmise has been at the root of so many disputes on this forum.

What do you think? Must the GOAT be a HW? Can you regard for example Dominick Cruz to be a greater fighter than, say, Brock Lesnar whilst being massively less dangerous?

Back