All Time GOAT poll

More about being unbeatable to me.

Fedor was unbeatable in his 10 year run, that's why he's GOAT.

GSP was beat twice but avenged both losses, that's why he's close second.

MM had his unbeatable run, so he's in the talks. So is Silva and Jones*.

Last edited:
Prime fedor would kill both ubereem and Cain, in the same night, within one round.

GSP lost to Hendricks
Not quite.

images

I think there should only be GOATs for weight classes, if at all.
When you start mixing up weight classes it gets really messy.

HW MW OR LHw

best criteria
QUALITY WINS

No. GOAT means “Greatest of All Time”; when you talk about the GOAT, you’re talking about who you feel is the greatest mixed martial arts fighter of all time.
Could be from any weight class, potentially.
@Grenades this thread’s for you, buddy! :)
I think you said you believe the GOAT has to be heavyweight?

The goat to me is whoever can and has beaten the best competition without being defeated. Because competition is much higher quality skill wise now, the goat hasn't and cannot be established until more time passes or the mma world ends entirely.

But, Jones was blessed with that reach and picograms of steroids pulsing through his veins.
#bless

Silva roided as well, so he should be up there if that's part of your idea of greatness.

I kind of soured a little bit on GSP when he went after Bisping
Just seems like he took the easiest path, and I always thought he was cute concerned about his legacy which meant he ended up almost picking fights he knew he could win or playing it safe
Who did he pick other than Bisping,... I would wait for ur answer but I might be here a while,which he was the champ at the time which is a big big deal as to why he picked him. He fought and cleaned out his entire division while being the champ. If you don't agree and think someone else was the GOAT then thats fine, but to bring up absolutely ridiculous logic is just dumb.

You are correct. The GOAT, at least as I see it, is the motherfucker that will whoop anyone’s ass. Khabib can dominate his weight class, but Stipe or DC, Ngannou will smash the shit outta him with no problem. So khabib might be the greatest in his division, but he isn’t the greatest. GSP, Silva, Jones, all get embarrassed by elite HWs. To me, GOAT is absolute, not relative.
Dumb logic

Modern analytics may eventually find a way to settle this debate. Perhaps by then this matter will finally be settled in a manner closest to objectivity.

As it is, most votes/choices for "GOAT" are still riddled in some ways with bias, especially when deciding between fighters from different eras (nostalgia vs. recency bias).

Not really. A lot of people don’t care about PED busts in GOAT debates. They’re called bones fanboys.

Back