1. Walt Harris' daughter is missing around Auburn, Alabama. Please read this thread for more information.

All Time GOAT poll

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Tachy, Feb 23, 2019.

?

Who is the current GOAT

1. GSP

35.2%
  2. Fedor

26.0%
  3. Silva

8.9%
  4. Jones

22.9%
  5. Johnson

1.6%
  6. Other

4.2%
  7. Aldo

1.1%
  1. cocksure

cocksure Silver Belt

Especially now we know Mike only had one eye<45>

2. ayyyyyyyy

ayyyyyyyy Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

I'll give my opinion: Silva. Basically, his only weakness was his mindset. A little too clowney. He probably has 13 title defenses if he doesn't get KO'd by Weidman after goofying around (I know Weidman was winning, but I really don't see him winning that fight).

He wasn't a great wrestler, and I guess that's a hole, but it sorta didn't matter because he was such a dynamic striker and scary off his back. Take him down? Great. Now, you wasted a ton of energy and are at risk for a submission while on the ground. Oh, and once he gets up he's gonna light you up in like 80 different ways.

It's weird, I don't really like the guy. I think what he did to Maia was disgraceful. But, I've just never seen anyone like him. I think in his prime he was as close to unbeatable as it gets.

3. Shen_Kamrock

Shen_Kamrock White Belt

It was a toss up for me between GSP and Jones. I think GSP gets the edge because he competed in two weight classes and won belts in two. I think Jones easily surpasses him WHEN he goes to HW and wins the title.

Hypetrainofthemonth likes this.
  4. Not A Real Fan

Not A Real Fan Purple Belt

I check out this thread every once in a while and I'm glad to see that GSP is still leading while the PED frauds are 3rd and 4th.

5. DecapAttack

DecapAttack White Belt

Reminder GSP is NOT the GOAT. Every big name he beat turned out to be overhyped cans with padded records who went on losing streaks after losing to GSP. Why is GSP the GOAT for beating a bunch of fighters a bunch of other (non goat contenders) could also beat? It's not like these guys never took up the torch after GSP because they were 40 or some shit, they simply weren't as good as we thought they were, and likely relied more on roids than technique. GSP fought a bunch of cans similar to Anderson, DJ and Emelianenko. GSP doesn't even have any amazing abilities, he's a jack of all trades master of none, with no freak power, speed, range, chin or endurance. He doesn't have gold metal level wrestling/grappling or striking. it's all just good. he couldn't even finish these shitters. The beating a stacked welterweight division is nothing but a myth, Jon finch is the only guy who didn't go on to have a terrible record and he's not fighting the top comp in the UFC anymore. He also strategically took on an old, blind paper champ like Bisping who proceeded to get heemed much more convincingly into retirement by Gastelum, and then ran with the belt for a pathetic attempt at getting the double champ meme.

Jones is the clear GOAT. Followed by Stipe, and if it weren't for Jones Cormier would have a better claim. If Khabib beats ferguson he will have a better claim as well (assuming Fergusson doesn't proceed to lose his next 5 fights in a row like a GSP big name opponent)

GSP is simply not the Goat. At all. it's all marketing propaganda to call him it. he's a top 5 UFC fighter AT BEST. Most likely top 10. If he comes back and beat Khabib he probably has the best argument for Goat status, but right now? Absolutely not. Time has exposed his big name competition as a bunch of mediocre fighters. He never had a DC who took up the touch and reigned when he was gone every single person he beat went on to accomplish nothing in the sport in the long run.

GSP may be the most overrated fighter of all time, because he had the most overrated competition bar none.

seriously look at these fucking post GSP records!

>Bisping
    0-1 post GSP
    >Hendricks
    3-6 post GSP
    >diaz
    0-1 post GSP
    >condit
    2-7 post GSP
    >sheilds
    7-6-1 post GSP
    >koscheck
    2-6 post GSP
    >hardy
    3-2
    >penn
    3-9-1 post gsp
    >hughs
    3-3
    >serra
    2-1
    even finch is 13-4-1 and never became a champ after.

This is fucking Embarrassing. GSP's big name fighters are all worse than artem lobov tier records! only a few of them have a positive win loss ratio post losing to GSP! Why do we assume they were good vs GSP when they OBJECTIVELY were not good after fighting him?

GOATtalks likes this.
  6. Perrichet

Perrichet Emery is a fraud

I agree. It should be less than that

Hypetrainofthemonth and Fesaine like this.
  7. Fesaine

Fesaine Purple Belt

It's not my fault that Fedor is irrelevant in the goat discussion outside of sherdog

Bad Karate and GOATtalks like this.
  8. The Wrath of Crom

The Wrath of Crom Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

/thread

9. The Wrath of Crom

The Wrath of Crom Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

Him was a can crusher. He didn't start getting crushed once he travelled to North America becasue he got suddenly old. Also he was likely juiced to the tits.

Fesaine likes this.
  10. Rester

Rester Blue Belt

Jon jones...seriously? His strength stats increased like 100% in 8 months of weight training and taking roids. Before that he was skinny and weak. So imagine prime Fedor, gsp or anderson on roids. Its sick that 23% voted for an official cheater.

DMikeS4321 likes this.
  11. Bad Karate

Bad Karate Blue Belt

You Fedor loveboys crack me up lol he's arguably not even the best HW ever

12. Rester

Rester Blue Belt

Fedor hat die most Quality wins.
    Thats an funny comment. The only one with like equally much Top 10 wins is big nog not...which lost to Fedor twice in his prime. Your comment doesnt make any sense....Jon jones fanboy.

Mike likes this.
  13. Bad Karate

Bad Karate Blue Belt

My quote made you have a stroke lol Stipe and Werdum are greater then Fedor

Fesaine likes this.
  14. Rester

Rester Blue Belt

Fedor has as many top 10 wins as stipe and werdum combined. You cant be serious.

DMikeS4321 likes this.
  15. Fesaine

Fesaine Purple Belt

Fedor best wins are cro cop and big nog. Both of them won't even crack the current top 5 in heavyweight.
    Bumdor is overrated, that's the truth whether you like it or not.
    [​IMG]

Bad Karate likes this.
  16. Rester

Rester Blue Belt

Whats the point of posting a picture of bader beating an 42 years old man way past his prime. Bin Nog is 43 and Crocop 45. Of course they are not top 5 anymore. Whats wrong with you? Are you serious?

17. Fesaine

Fesaine Purple Belt

[​IMG]

18. gono btw

gono btw Rounds...

If you dont like Sherdog, why dont you gtfoh, ya lil POS.

Lil sissy.

street_trash_hit.gif

DMikeS4321 likes this.
  19. Fesaine

Fesaine Purple Belt

Stay mad bud

gono btw likes this.
  20. gono btw

gono btw Rounds...

Jus´leave, lil sissy.