All Time GOAT poll

He has lost, but hes always given the decision.

Reyes 100% beat him.

With the scoring criteria that the UFC has, Reyes won rounds 1, 2 and 3 CLEARLY.
You would be very shocked how many people thought this and gradually softened their stance to close fight. I’m equally shocked you cling on to this being as Reyes is taking T Ferg level whippings consistently now but hey everyone needs a hill to die on

Maybe but after only 3 defenses we will never know.

Chris Weidman was undefeated with wins over Maia, Silva 2x, Machida, and Vitor.

Had he retired right there, the discussion around him would not be the mockery it is today.

Jones dominated a lot of good fighters but he hit a spell of complacency and had two unforeseen lackluster performances. We don't know who Khabib's Santos or Reyes may have been, although we do have the Tibau fight.

Not saying Khabib couldn't have, but it's conjecture.

<{Heymansnicker}>

• Undefeated for 15 years in the premier weightclass.
  • Nothing but title fights for 12 years straight - since the age of 23
  • Cleaned out 3 generations of top fighters
  • Holds an impressive amount of records in the premier organization
  • At one point had beaten 50% of all UFC LHW champs in history.
Um no.

That was absolutely Welterweight, where the real GOAT resided.

6275734.jpg

You would be very shocked how many people thought this and gradually softened their stance to close fight. I’m equally shocked you cling on to this being as Reyes is taking T Ferg level whippings consistently now but hey everyone needs a hill to die on
What does Reyes getting knocked out a lot lately mean? Not much, he beat Jon that night.

He was a massive problem for Jon.

I feel like most people agree that Reyes should have gotten the nod.

Why did you delete it? It was just a funny mistake, lol.
Didn't wanna derail the thread with my goof. lol. I do think the point stands though even for someone as proven as GSP. We will never know until someone else does what Jon has. Preferably without the colossal list of fuck ups.

He has lost, but hes always given the decision.

Reyes 100% beat him.

With the scoring criteria that the UFC has, Reyes won rounds 1, 2 and 3 CLEARLY.
You're just plain wrong there. Reyes outlanded Jones in rounds 2 and 3, but there were a lot of glancing blows in there. You can tell they didn't do any significant damage by how Jones clearly won rounds 4 and 5. That, of course, is looking at those early rounds in hindsight, but that hindsight says that those who scored a close round 2 or 3 for Jones were, in fact, objectively right; Jones did more damage across those rounds. Landing better strikes is damage. Wearing out your opponent is damage. These are the things that set you up to have the better chance for a finish or dominant rounds later on, i.e., the things that make progress towards beating your opponent in a hypothetical fight with unlimited rounds. There's basically no way to frame the fight a robbery that isn't a lie.

I sometimes wonder if people see the All Time GOAT thread at the top of the sub, which has been stickied for at least a few years now, before they make GOAT threads, or are they just ignoring it?

hmmm-thinking.gif

If we ignore the positive tests and bs DQ it's not even a competition. If we pretend other GOAT candidates are clean then there is a discussion.

What does Reyes getting knocked out a lot lately mean? Not much, he beat Jon that night.

He was a massive problem for Jon.

I feel like most people agree that Reyes should have gotten the nod.
He beat Jon that night? I just checked the fight record and it didn’t happen. I even did a google search and there hasn’t been an article talking about this “controversial” fight in years. It’s like people let it go but you didn’t. I’ve watched people with your opinion go from an angry mob of dozens to just a few angry slow dimwits that don’t understand a close fight is subjective. So here we are. Dom being a punching bag nowadays has nothing to do with Jones. It’s the fact he started believing that dimwit chatter and subsequently got his ass whooped repeatedly. I don’t believe you and Dom shouldn’t have either and as time goes on less and less will believe you. Good luck friend

Last edited:
For a while? More like not in our lifetime.

His records are almost impossible to match, he is the goat no question.

He beat Jon that night? I just checked the fight record and it didn’t happen. I even did a google search and there hasn’t been an article talking about this “controversial” fight in years. It’s like people let it go but you didn’t. I’ve watched people with your opinion go from an angey mob of dozens to just a few angry slow dimwits that don’t understand a close fight is subjective. So here we are. Dom being a punching bag nowadays has nothing to do with Jones. It’s the fact he started believing that dimwit chatter and subsequently got his ass whooped repeatedly. I don’t believe you and Dom shouldn’t have either and as time goes on less and less will believe you. Good luck friend
Sherdog fight finder says Diego Sanchez beat Ross Pearson too.

And Of course people forget about robberies as time goes on, but they still happened.

Sherdog fight finder says Diego Sanchez beat Ross Pearson too.

And Of course people forget about robberies as time goes on, but they still happened.
If you are saying unfair decision let’s talk. I thought draw or either way personally and I am also a believer under circumstances that close and neither fighter did ANY significant damage the belt stays with the long standing champ. This creates an ncentive to fight harder in championship fights.

Back