All Time GOAT poll

I just don't get the Fedor hype, his resume just isn't that good. He fought in an era of one dimensional wing chun masters. More than half his resume is full of old school fighters.

You can't blame Fedor he can't change he the era he fought in but he got knocked out by Hendo, strangled by Werdum and mauled by Big foot. All of this happened when he was younger than 36.

DC mauled Hendo, Barnett, Big Foot, Koed stipe beat Barnett.

Fedors best wins are Cro Cop, Randleman, Big Nog. These are all good fighters and they helped shape modern MMA but in terms of their overall MMA skill they would get beaten by DC.

I would put DC above Fedor at HW, in term of overall GOAT I would still put DC above Fedor. Fedor lost to Jones and Stipe. Jones is the best fighter to walk planet earth.

I kind of soured a little bit on GSP when he went after Bisping
Just seems like he took the easiest path, and I always thought he was cute concerned about his legacy which meant he ended up almost picking fights he knew he could win or playing it safe
What WW fights did he "Pick"? Aside from Nick Diaz who lost to Condit when the GSP vs Diaz fight was cancelled due to injury to Georges' knee. There wasn't anyone else to fight that he hadn't already defeated. You simply can't claim GSP picked any of his opponents. He fought every contender who earned #1 status.

The Bisping fight is always claimed as him Cherry Picking but Luke was champion when he originally thought about coming back. Not Georges fault Luke lost. Beside GSP simply KO's Luke cold.

The only surprise of this pole is that jones/silva/roidheads have so many votes. Performance enhancing drug addicts are disqualified from GOAT discussions.
Full stop!

Jones. Say what you will, but he has never really lost a fight. I also don't think he won any of his fights because of steroids. He wins because he is damn good! Sometimes a mess of a person, but a GREAT fighter. I wish he could have fought prime Fedor. Fedor wasn't a big HW, they'd have matched up well.

Well if you followed Fedor career we all know when he was officially out of him prime . His main Coach who was with Fedor practically his whole mma career stated when Fedor wasn't in his prime anymore. And it wasn't when he was losing.
The problem is that prime is completely subjective. A GSP fan could say that he never lost in his prime either.

The problem is that prime is completely subjective. A GSP fan could say that he never lost in his prime either.

It is to people who weren't around specific fighter their whole career, who were part of all training camps etc. I'm going to take the word of a long time coach when they say their fighter has lost a step over anyone else. Especially when their fighter was still winning.

Not off a loss.

It is to people who weren't around specific fighter their whole career, who were part of all training camps etc. I'm going to take the word of a long time coach when they say their fighter has lost a step over anyone else. Especially when their fighter was still winning.

Not off a loss.
Cool, that means GSP never lost in his prime either since I'll take the word of coaches who say your physical prime is in your late 20s. :)

Cool, that means GSP never lost in his prime either since I'll take the word of coaches who say your physical prime is in your late 20s. :)

Go by whatever you want. If that's what they said, that's the truth for their particular fighters. You or I can say anything if we weren't in the camps all those years.

Go by whatever you want. If that's what they said, that's the truth for their particular fighters. You or I can say anything if we weren't in the camps all those years.
You can't have it both ways.

Exactly. So you guys buy what the individual trainers says about the individual fighter. They know their fighter better than anyone.
So you finally agree.

So you finally agree.

Never said I didn't. I just pointed out that specific coach said his fighter wasn't in his prime even when winning. Most coaches aren't honest to the public about their fighters abilities as they aren't in their prime anymore.

If they do say something ,it's usually after the fighter has already started to lose.

1. GSP
2. Jones*
3. Silva*
4. DJ
5. Aldo

4 and 5 are interchangeable for me tbh. The asterisks are because of their failed tests.

Most people expect me to put Khabib on this list but for me he's the greatest LW of all time, not necessarily P4P though. But I'd bet he'd beat DJ and Aldo.

• Undefeated for 15 years in the premier weightclass.
  • Nothing but title fights for 12 years straight - since the age of 23
  • Cleaned out 3 generations of top fighters
  • Holds an impressive amount of records in the premier organization
  • At one point had beaten 50% of all UFC LHW champs in history.

Back