All Time GOAT poll

matt-serra_georges-st-pierre.gif

tenor.gif

4d9b604dde2c53788cce6e0d51de2f6c.jpg

''If you don't know, now you know.''
- Khabib the GOAT.

''If you don't know, now you know.''
- Khabib the GOAT.

All three of them have considerably better records/wins and should be ranked higher. Khabib isn't even top 5 all time based on records.

The conversation right now should be between Jones and GSP based purely on records. I would say GSP might be a slight favorite just simply by having a top win in a weight class above but it looks like Jones might achieve the same thing which would put him on top.

So for now GSP is the GOAT.

Fedor, GSP, Kabib in no particular order.

Jones could have been I guess, but I feel he's thrown away the years that would have cinched it.

Wish I could put Cormier on the list, but he doesn't add up.

It's interesting that many (obviously not all) who actually do/have done this for a living, whether as an analyst, fighter or both in some capacity... i.e. Chael, Ariel, DC(obviously a bit bias), Rogan, Luke Thomas...

Have all said Khabib belongs in Top 5 convo/Goat convo following the Geatje win.

But thats not the view of some fans, including many in this thread. Fair enough, the matter is purely subjective. However, what I suspect is as time goes by, more and more fans will also place him in at least the top 5. Absence makes the heart grow fonder, I guess.

I am already there, not my overall #1 all time (though I understand if he is someone's overall #1), however to be undefeated in this day & age, to make your opponents who are top notch such as Conor & Porrier look amateurish, & lastly walk out of EVERY fight looking virtually the same as when you walked in, with barely even a scratch on your face... that type of absolute dominance 100% puts him in my top 5 all time.

I personally can't see in any way you can put Khabib in the top 5 based on his resume and accomplishments. He doesn't have the strong resume of names, the title defenses and the challenging style match ups. Fans and media use his 29-0 to justify it. But that 29-0 is very deceiving as 16 of those wins are completely irrelevant. You're down to 13 wins that actually are and even with that only 2 or 3 can be considered actual elite wins. He's literally got 5 names that are even worth mentioning. A Khabib 29-0 vs a Jones 26-0 (scrap the DQ) are very different. Jones has far more depth and quality to it.

I think he's the best LW of all time and but based on the facts we have, no way top 5.

With GSP retired now, who do you think is the all time greatest at this time?

GSP

Fedor

Anderson Silva

Jon Jones

If your selection for the greatest fighter of all time is not in the poll, feel free to vote for other explain why.

So when are you gonna add Khabib to that pole?

Fedor is the goat. No one said Michael Jordan always sucked because he got old and didnt play as well. Mma fans just have peanut sized brains with no long term memory.

Fedor is the goat. No one said Michael Jordan always sucked because he got old and didnt play as well. Mma fans just have peanut sized brains with no long term memory.

Messi sucks too he hasn't done shit lately.

But yeah I imagine if we'd look at GOAT lists from a decade ago the lists would be completely different. And Jones is the only one of the obvious top 4 that has done a lot that affects his legacy during the last decade. (or maybe 8-9 years can't be fukked to look up exact dates).

Conor over the likes of Holloway, Cejudo, Big Nog, Usman and Adesanya is kinda laughable. The rest is OK.

This.

Fedor GOAT.

Everyone gets old.

GSP, Jones, Anderson are all arguable for 2nd, but there is only one GOAT, and its Fedor.

I feel like everybody who has been following MMA for a long time (5-10 years at least) usually agrees with this. Honestly I don't even mind if people put GSP, Jones or Anderson at one, as long as they know enough about MMA to agree with the very obvious top 4.

I do feel it's hard to compare some of the newer guys to the older fighters just one tier below the true GOATs. Like, how do you compare Adesanya, Stipe, DC and Khabib to guys like Hughes, Big Nog (personally I have Werdum as 2nd HW actually but usually people pick Big Nog) and Aldo. Usually I'm reluctant to rank any of the newer guys in the top 10 at all. Just look at where Cain, Woodley and Weidman were a few years ago. They were at the spot where the Adesanyas and Stipes of today are. Now, just a few years later, you'd get laughed at if you mentioned Woodley, Cain or Weidman in your top 10 GOAT list.

Back