All Time GOAT poll

Maybe on Sherdog due to how highly regarded Fedor is on here. Most MMA fans consider Stipe to be the HW goat.

And how can you say going to Brazil and taking the title off Werdum by knocking him out in the first round is little of note?

FInishing Overeem and JDS inside one round is little of note? They weren't way past their prime, he just made them look like that. His dominance has made the division look bad. Both Overeem and JDS went on to get solid wins after Stipe had beaten them.

And don't sleep on the significance of beating DC twice. DC should have been at heavyweight the entire time really.

SF_GP_bracket_complete.jpg

It is unfortunate that we didn't get to see Stipe tested against a prime Cain though, the way Cain's career fizzled out was truly sad.
Citation needed on "most" thinking he is the goat. JDS has looked like a shell of himself since losing the belt to Cain. Only reason he got to a shot in the first place is hw is a weak division filled with old guys. Reem is old and has a spotty ufc record. DC is his best win, but also has a win over him as well. His resume is really weak, filled mostly with older guys past their prime with way more fights and wear than Stipe had.

Citation needed on "most" thinking he is the goat. JDS has looked like a shell of himself since losing the belt to Cain. Only reason he got to a shot in the first place is hw is a weak division filled with old guys. Reem is old and has a spotty ufc record. DC is his best win, but also has a win over him as well. His resume is really weak, filled mostly with older guys past their prime with way more fights and wear than Stipe had.

Dude, Stipe's 38. That's younger than JDS and only 2 years older than Overeem. The top heavyweights tend to be older guys.

It's not like he's a younger guy just feasting on and older generation a bit like Weidman was during his peak.

Dude, Stipe's 38. That's younger than JDS and only 2 years older than Overeem. The top heavyweights tend to be older guys.

It's not like he's a younger guy just feasting on and older generation a bit like Weidman was during his peak.
Sigh its always the same predictable stuff with you guys. You get it isn't the same thing when he started fighting at nearly 30 and has way less fights and mileage than most of his opponents right? It should be an obvious point but has to he spelled out every time I talk to one of you stipe fans. And no. Hw is old NOW, because a lot of guys aged out and new talent hasnt come in at the heavier classes. Back in the day most of the division was younger guys, like most divisions.

Stipe has 23 fights. Werdum has 34. Reem has 67. Yes, 67. Even jds, a fighter from the newer era, has 30. Arlovski has 51. Career damage taken matters, especially at the heavier weight classes.

Sigh its always the same predictable stuff with you guys. You get it isn't the same thing when he started fighting at nearly 30 and has way less fights and mileage than most of his opponents right? It should be an obvious point but has to he spelled out every time I talk to one of you stipe fans. And no. Hw is old NOW, because a lot of guys aged out and new talent hasnt come in at the heavier classes. Back in the day most of the division was younger guys, like most divisions.

Stipe has 23 fights. Werdum has 34. Reem has 67. Yes, 67. Even jds, a fighter from the newer era, has 30. Arlovski has 51. Career damage taken matters, especially at the heavier weight classes.

No, I appreciate the point of miles on the clock and it's not like I'm some exclusive Stipe fan, Overeem is still my fav heavyweight who yes has had an absolutely insane career. If only he'd have made the jump to UFC a couple of years earlier, he'd have easily won the belt. That's a real shame.

What would it take for you start to consider Stipe as the heavyweight goat? What if he beats Ngannou again and then gets wins over say Blaydes and Volkov?

No, I appreciate the point of miles on the clock and it's not like I'm some exclusive Stipe fan, Overeem is still my fav heavyweight who yes has had an absolutely insane career. If only he'd have made the jump to UFC a couple of years earlier, he'd have easily won the belt. That's a real shame.

What would it take for you start to consider Stipe as the heavyweight goat? What if he beats Ngannou again and then gets wins over say Blaydes and Volkov?
He'd be in the conversation then. I dont have anything against Stipe at all, but I'm not the only guy saying he can't be goat purely because he's fighting in a weak era. A lot of people have said it on here. Hes the ufc hw goat for sure, but for most of mma history the ufc didn't have the best hw division so that just isn't enough.

If he'd beaten Cain and JDS in their primes along with his other wins he'd have a good case. But he lost to a jds near the end of his prime and never fought Cain. Personally, I see wins like hunt and arlovski as just names padding his record, they were so diminished by then. Same with his win over jds in the rematch.

I've been saying this on a few threads now, but if the UFC started handing out Title Championship Rings for ever Champion that defended their belt, it would Cement their legacy and add to the accomplishments of not only winning the belt, but continuing to be the champion, Title Reign in my opinion is what cements you as being the best, Not only beating the consensus baddest mother fucker but continuing for years to still be the baddest man on the planet.

All these guys with 3 Title Defenses Max Holloway, Khabib, Usman, Woodley, They aren't the same level as the Jon Jones, Anderson Silva, DJ, and GSP's of the world.

Each time you defend your belt you are gifted with a ring worth $$$25k-50k.. You aren't the GOAT with 3 defenses.. you just aren't doesn't matter what era you are from, Tom Brady is the GOAT because he has 7 Rings.. To Continue to win Championship Caliber fights is the only quota the GOAT should be considered under, Theres a reason Aaron Rodgers isn't in that conversation, people can pretend like he is, but he ain't

Plus it would give the UFC the chance to show off more hardware than just the belt. You Don't get a ring for becoming Champion like Cody Garbrandt, that got you the belt.. but for each title defense you have new hardware.

In Certain division guys never get past 3 title defenses, look at Stipe who's the greatest HW with 3 in a row. This is my opinion but I think the UFC is missing out on a great ceremony that would add clout to peoples resume, and pump up fighters as well.

Trophies matters, whether people think they do or not they do. Either you become a victim and the Champion gets another Ring, or the Champ loses the belt.. and now it's your turn to start adding Title Defense Rings to your own fingers.

The UFC bonus'ing this for 25k is nothing compared to salaries they already pay out, but the official clout would be huge. And people wouldn't have trouble comparing who the greatest is and isn't.

than any other fighter, even undefeated ones, i see his name coming back over and over unlike AS

Because of the doping problems AS and Jones had?

PS: someone know how long a yellow card stay on sherdog? Like AS and Jones i want to be clean again after getting caught

Its a good question. Hes the only person in the goat debate to lose his first shot at the title and his first title defense. Weird.

Probably because he is unquestionably one of the best MMA fighters of all time.

It's actually the exact same as Weidman.....lol

Most of Stipe's biggest wins are guys from Fedor's era....

Age doesn't matter. When did they begin their MMA careers.... It's like comparing 33 year old DC with next to zero MMA mileage to 33 year old Fedor with over a decade of MMA mileage..... Context!

Its a good question. Hes the only person in the goat debate to lose his first shot at the title and his first title defense. Weird.

But is that worse than losing before earning your first title shot? Or losing a title fight further down the line? What is it so special about losing your first title shot or first title defense?

GSP was still young during both these losses, much younger than the average mma fighter's prime years.

But is that worse than losing before earning your first title shot? Or losing a title fight further down the line? What is it so special about losing your first title shot or first title defense?

GSP was still young during both these losses, much younger than the average mma fighter's prime years.
Everyone has losses but gsp haters find weird reasons why only gsps losses count.

With GSP retired now, who do you think is the all time greatest at this time?

GSP

Fedor

Anderson

If your selection for the greatest fighter of all time is not in the poll, feel free to vote for other explain why.

Why isn't Khabib on the list, he's a better total fighter than any of these guys.

WAR Fedor, could smash every other fighter in their prime.

Why isn't Khabib on the list, he's a better total fighter than any of these guys.
Yea right, Fedor is absolute beast mode and would eat him for breakfast. Prime vs Prime Fedor kills everyone in every weight class.

Back