All Time GOAT poll

What does that have to do with the fact that Fedor officially had a 16 lb weight advantage and still got finished by a 40 year old?
Because it's still not worse than losing to Serra.

Which is worse in your opinion?

Getting KO'ed by a top 10 all time fighter who is arguably the greatest power puncher of all time in Hendo?

Or

Tapping to strikes to Serra?

Because it's still not worse than losing to Serra.

Which is worse in your opinion?

Getting KO'ed by a top 10 all time fighter who is arguably the greatest power puncher of all time in Hendo?

Or

Tapping to strikes to Serra?
Getting finished by a 32 year old who officially weighs the same or getting finished by a 40 year old who's officially giving up 16 lbs?

Only because you brought up Fedor's loss to Hendo. GSP has also lost to a smaller man in Serra.

Plus Hendo is 1000x levels higher than Serra. Let's not even go there
Was GSP ever finished by a 40 year old who was officially 16 lbs lighter?

Was GSP ever finished by a 40 year old who was officially 16 lbs lighter?
GSP never fought Dan fucking Hendo. GTFOH acting like Hendo is not dangerous.

But now GSP was finished by Serra who was smaller than him and less dangerous.

Serra is not 1/100th the fighter Hendo is so it doesn't make sense bringing up Hendo when GSP has a worse loss. Every fighter has losses but you can't shame someone for losing to Hendo when your hero had a more embarrassing loss to Serra

GSP never fought Dan fucking Hendo. GTFOH acting like Hendo is not dangerous.

But now GSP was finished by Serra who was smaller than him and less dangerous.

Serra is not 1/100th the fighter Hendo is so it doesn't make sense bringing up Hendo when GSP has a worse loss. Every fighter has losses but you can't shame someone for losing to Hendo when your hero had a more embarrassing loss to Serra
You didn't answer the question.
Remember, you quoted me first. ;)

You are so hung up on a couple losses and I will show you how ridiculous that is.

So Anderson had a 32-4 record and GSP has a 26-2 record. Those are somewhat similar records. GSP would have to win 6 out of his next 8 to match that. You probably think he would go 7-1 or 8-0, and even if he did, that would still be very similar ball park to Anderson's record at around 36 fights. It's especially stupid when you bring up Anderson's losses past age 38 (and 40 fight career) when GSP never fought at that age.

Sure, he also lost to Azeredo, Takase and Chonan just like GSP lost to Serra and Hughes. Everybody loses. That's how you learn. They both improved and went on their greatest runs after that. Anderson switched teams, earned his BJJ black belt from the Nog bros, and broke a bunch of UFC records. He actually has more title defenses and more title fight finishes than GSP. When you look at their primes and title reigns, Anderson is superior. It doesn't matter to me that Anderson had a few losses early in his career, those losses made him better and he went on to have a better title reign than GSP or any other UFC champion.

You comparing GSP losing to Hughes with Anderson losing to those cans? You are embarrassing.

You are so hung on GSP not fighting at age 38 when he had 2 ACL injuries and was fighting past his prime from the Condit fight onwards, and still didn’t lose. Meanwhile Anderson is still losing and getting busted for PED’s numerous times

The thing about Fedor is Nog was already making a name for himself as GOAT. He was dominant, and then Fedor wrecked his shit. Fedor was just scary to watch in his prime, best ever.

Based on skill as a fighter, career ccomplishments and resume:

1-Jon Jones
2-Anderson Silva
3-Fedor
4-GSP
5-Demetrious Johnson
6-Aldo
7-Daniel Cormier
8-BJ Penn
9-Cruz
10-Dan Henderson

I think Khabib already has a solid argument for taking that #10 spot but still think he needs 1 more win, if he wins his next fight he's at 8.

Exactly. They needed to abuse steroids because they just weren't confident to compete with grown men their own size. I feel bad for the low IQ people who are proud to look up to those two frauds.
I feel bad for you if you honestly believe gsp and Fedor didnt use drugs.

However there is levels to it. Gsp was like a super hero for a while. That is not natural and hard work. I'd bet Fedor took some shit at a point too.

Honestly I think they all have/did. But fair play if you never tested positive.

Oh and my answer is Fedor. Just do damn good in his prime and a monster standing, on his back, or in the clinch. Hes unbeatable

Fedor and GSP are top 2 for me. Not bothered in which order. I'd probably put Fedor top but can see why GSP should be too

I'm surprised Jones didn't garner more votes here.
People have a tendency to question the legacies/skill of fighters because of PEDs... I would venture a(n) (educated) guess that most or all of the guys on that list were, at some point, doing the same thing. So really, it's the fact that he's had a doping sanction. I think at this point the presumption of innocence is out the window, given the numbers of guys who have tested hot in the USADA era.
But... as a Canadian, I can't argue with GSP as the GOAT. But lest we forget, there were doping suspicions swirling around GSP in the lead-up to the Hendricks fight (see emails between VADA and GSP's camp).
Nope just a guy who was USADA’d out of the fight game altogether trying to spin this into a negative for GSP. GSP knew for certain Hendricks was juicing and he asked what they would be testing for because he didn’t want to take tests that could miss popping Jonny boy.

Fedor. First of all he's not a manlet. I refuse to rank a fighter like GSP that any LHW could beat as #1. That's called P4P not GOAT. Second GSP and Jon never took risks. So Fedor is easily #1. Pure domination of largest men on the planet in his prime.

Fedor
Jon
Silva
DC

GSP is not even on my list nor MM.
I’m sure GSP is heart broken that sherdog’s very own 12ga does not have him on his list, but 35% of sherdoggers do.

It’s amazing the ignorance some display when they think their opinion is the only one that matters. You don’t know what you’re talking about.

Last edited:
Your opinion is worthless. Facts are what matters. GSP and Fedor never popped. Unlike other frauds in the poll.

Facts > opinions

You seem like a real upstanding citizen - fighting the good fight against those filthy steroid cheats at all costs. Lemme ask ya -Lance Armstrong beat the tests for the most part all his life but was basically ratted out by teamates and others outside of testing -how would you feel if something similar happened to GSP and are you willing to believe its possible he juiced but beat the tests?

That is obviously Fedor. The gap down to Anderson is quite big.

Agree, but people that weren't fans of thee sport from 2000 to 2009 will never understand. To me, it comes down to the fact that Fedor was a heavyweight. For about 9 years, if you asked almost anybody in the know who the best fighter in the world was, they'd say Fedor. There was no obscure qualifying statement. It wasn't, "who is the best at 145?" or "who is the best p4p?"; Fedor was the baddest man on the planet for almost a decade. There's just something to be said for that. Jon Jones - who is a lot bigger genetically than Fedor - diets to avoid having to fight the biggest and baddest people on earth.

It should seem obvious that the answer is Fedor. I understand the respect given to weight classes. But The Greatest of All Time should go to the dude who was the living breathing baddest man who ever walked into an MMA octagon or ring. That's Fedor Emelianenko. Sure, we see the present far more clearly than the past. We are myopic in our thinking sometimes. But from early 2000s to 2011, Fedor was almost a ghost story. A myth. A spook story you told your children. A special attraction. The boogieman who came out, with that blank, muddy stare...and mutilated human beings...with a facial expression that looked like he was doing a crossword puzzle. He was worse than a monster. A monster is big scary, snarls a lot and growls and is terrifying. Fedor was more like whatever it is monsters have nightmares about. Not since Mike Tyson has anyone had such an aura of intimidation. I'd say Jon Jones, who is ostensibly undefeated for 12 years, against great competition, has to be 2nd, followed by Anderson Silva who was a terminator for about 6 -7 years. Then GSP, who was smaller, would be 4th. A prime Jones vs a prime Fedor....I'm not sure who would win that one. But since that one is pretty much a stalemate, I give it to Fedor since he was a force of nature.

No one thinks Khabib could be the Goat ? He destroyed every single of his opponent, lost only one round and is 28-0.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back