All Meat Diet: Thoughts?

I'll never understand why evidence-based diets just aren't sexy enough for the mainstream. The DASH or the Mediterranean diets are the ones people should obsess over, but they're too hard, I guess:
2020 Best Diets Overall | U.S. News & World Report: Best Diets for Healthy Eating

Or you can simplify with rules/guidelines:
https://forums.sherdog.com/posts/150350359/

Another old big picture post on the topic:
https://forums.sherdog.com/posts/143993979/
Thanks for the list man. Downloaded the DASH outline. Gotta get off this Paleo, and into something more heart healthy. Can't exclude items that my reverse my hypertension.

Jordan Peterson and recently Joe Rogan both are now on the newly famed "All meat diet." Rogan recently stated he is feeling well and healthy and is 2-3 weeks in I believe (fact check if you want, its below 2 months).

Anyway, seeing if you guys have any thoughts on this. Ive been reading a few articles but always prefer testimonials. Any of you tried it out?

Man...honestly it's whatever cooperates and works for your body. Joe seems like he's almost anti veggie lol, he's all about the meat diets so I'm guessing he will lean towards that. I'm more, you need to have a nice balance, portion meals appropriately as not to eat too much at once, but mainly getting a good mixture of lean meats, some fats and some veggies and fruits. Not too much red meat, maybe only once a week, and seafood at least a couple times a week.

I believe Joe also takes certain "supplements" so I wouldn't go to him for expert clean eating or clean anything advice lol.

I think he is an hypocrite. For a guy which philosophy is basically "man up and take control" falling into an addiction to pills when he found his wife was sick of cancer (ergo when she and his family needed him the most) is weird.
And before people say "oh, but his wife was sick, that's though on him".. thousands of wifes get sick and/or die every week and most men are strong enough to keep their shit together. If you are going to talk the talk you should walk the walk.
Also I think there are times where he speaks about things he knows nothing about just for the sake of being involve into discussions. For example.. the marxism debate with Zizek was a freakshow. I'm not a marxist but I have read and studied Marx which is not an easy task and I can say JP was not prepared at all. Dude had zero idea of the things he was talking about.

Peterson is a man and has flaws like everybody else. Is the conception about him being this super intellectual guy that bothers me. I hate personality cults. Worst is when someone seems to buy into his own hype.

Alright. This post is fair.

Will you admit, however, he is extremely knowledgeable in his field of expertise and has encouraged young men to be better versions of themselves?

Alright. This post is fair.

Will you admit, however, he is extremely knowledgeable in his field of expertise and has encouraged young men to be better versions of themselves?
Yeah.. we should give credit where credit is due and Jordan Peterson deserves it.

Absolute stupidity and with Rogans massive audience he should be ashamed of himself for pushing this shit

if he told half of them to jump in a fire they would.

I think he is an hypocrite. For a guy which philosophy is basically "man up and take control" falling into an addiction to pills when he found his wife was sick of cancer (ergo when she and his family needed him the most) is weird.
And before people say "oh, but his wife was sick, that's though on him".. thousands of wifes get sick and/or die every week and most men are strong enough to keep their shit together. If you are going to talk the talk you should walk the walk.
Also I think there are times where he speaks about things he knows nothing about just for the sake of being involve into discussions. For example.. the marxism debate with Zizek was a freakshow. I'm not a marxist but I have read and studied Marx which is not an easy task and I can say JP was not prepared at all. Dude had zero idea of the things he was talking about.

Peterson is a man and has flaws like everybody else. Is the conception about him being this super intellectual guy that bothers me. I hate personality cults. Worst is when someone seems to buy into his own hype.

The best person to be able to tell you to do something is someone who has had to do it themselves.

Yeah he was outclassed in that debate.

I don't think that makes him a moron, if I recall your words correctly. On evolutionary psychology he's world class.

Yeah.. we should give credit where credit is due and Jordan Peterson deserves it.

So I kept thinking about our discussion of Peterson cause you actually challenged my thinking about a bit. Made me think you actually put time into your arguments. You mention people follow him blindly (cult personality where your words) which I was shocked to admit I agree.

You also mentioned he was a hypocrite.

My thought, and I was curious if you agree, is that maybe all men encouraging others to live correctly are hypocrites. If I tell someone "work hard" and then work hard only 99% of the time, one could say the 1% proved me a hypocrite.

Living up to perfection will always lead to failure-- but perhaps we should urge people to live their best even if we don't always do ourselves for the betterment of society?

Its a dumb diet, I think 99% of people already know that

I've actually begun to up my red meat intake (lean) for the iron, creatine and T boosting properties but fuck, just meat?

No thanks. I actually like to keep my digestive system flowing well.

I actually started eating macadamias and cashews for breakfast every day. Talk about the opposite affect of meat on my bowels.

So I kept thinking about our discussion of Peterson cause you actually challenged my thinking about a bit. Made me think you actually put time into your arguments. You mention people follow him blindly (cult personality where your words) which I was shocked to admit I agree.

You also mentioned he was a hypocrite.

My thought, and I was curious if you agree, is that maybe all men encouraging others to live correctly are hypocrites. If I tell someone "work hard" and then work hard only 99% of the time, one could say the 1% proved me a hypocrite.

Living up to perfection will always lead to failure-- but perhaps we should urge people to live their best even if we don't always do ourselves for the betterment of society?
Meh.. maybe I was being an asshole.
Thinking it better Jordan Peterson is a guy that carries a lot of weight on his shoulders and pressure is a bitch.

I do think that the whole pills addiction is a big flaw but I wish nothing wrong to him. I hope he addreses that and moves on. Specially if his wife is sick.. his family needs him in his A game.

And I don't think many people work hard 100% of the time. That is not worth it anyways. I can respect a guys Jocko for talking the talk and walking the walk but I would not want that for myself.

Anyways.. Jordan is a positive influence overall for a lot of people and damn we need more of those right now.

PS: I would not take diet advices from him tho lol

Meh.. maybe I was being an asshole.
Thinking it better Jordan Peterson is a guy that carries a lot of weight on his shoulders and pressure is a bitch.

I do think that the whole pills addiction is a big flaw but I wish nothing wrong to him. I hope he addreses that and moves on. Specially if his wife is sick.. his family needs him in his A game.

And I don't think many people work hard 100% of the time. That is not worth it anyways. I can respect a guys Jocko for talking the talk and walking the walk but I would not want that for myself.

Anyways.. Jordan is a positive influence overall for a lot of people and damn we need more of those right now.

PS: I would not take diet advices from him tho lol

I agree-- Peterson carries tremendous amount of pressure. Not only because now he is a celebrity of sorts, but also because anyone in the spotlight carries tremendous amounts of pressure.

And yes, we do need more people who are positive influcences.

And yes, ha, don't worry I wont take dieting advice from him. I am curious about health now again as I recently went to the doctor and was told I have high cholesterol after gaining weight real fast the last two months. So ive been going back to the gym this last week / week and a half and trying to switch the dad bod into a more muscular body. Lots of diets out there and Ill probably take my own route but I am fascinating by how diet can change so much about a person.

I've actually begun to up my red meat intake (lean) for the iron, creatine and T boosting properties but fuck, just meat?

No thanks. I actually like to keep my digestive system flowing well.

I actually started eating macadamias and cashews for breakfast every day. Talk about the opposite affect of meat on my bowels.

I picked you for a dude who loves to eat nuts every morning.

Way too easy a setup my man.

Ha but really-- do you just eat those nuts and nothing else (cereal, toast, eggs, ect)?

I just started working out again as I gained 10-15 pounds of fat real fast last month. Weigh around 210 now and want to get to 200 but have it be mostly muscle and drop the 10-15 pounds of fat.

I picked you for a dude who loves to eat nuts every morning.

Way too easy a setup my man.

Ha but really-- do you just eat those nuts and nothing else (cereal, toast, eggs, ect)?

I just started working out again as I gained 10-15 pounds of fat real fast last month. Weigh around 210 now and want to get to 200 but have it be mostly muscle and drop the 10-15 pounds of fat.
Just the nuts. I'm not big on breakfast. Theyre just easy to eat while sitting at my desk.

They are fatty but but it's the good fat. I just try to avoid ones that are salted or at least over salted.

Just the nuts. I'm not big on breakfast. Theyre just easy to eat while sitting at my desk.

They are fatty but but it's the good fat. I just try to avoid ones that are salted or at least over salted.

Good call on the no salt. I feel like they literally pour salt all over most. Makes them not even taste/feel healthy anymore.

You work out on a regular schedule?

Sign me the fuck up

brb

Good call on the no salt. I feel like they literally pour salt all over most. Makes them not even taste/feel healthy anymore.

You work out on a regular schedule?
Every other day, about an hour per workout. No fucking around between sets so I maximize that time.

I have to take a day off in between, because at 40, I have to have a day for recovery or I'm doing myself no favors. Lots of whey protein on workout days and Creatine Mono every day now.

Every other day, about an hour per workout. No fucking around between sets so I maximize that time.

I have to take a day off in between, because at 40, I have to have a day for recovery or I'm doing myself no favors. Lots of whey protein on workout days and Creatine Mono every day now.

Run/jog any?

Back