Aljo Sterling out because he wasn't clear by doctors

Sorry, blame goes on Yan for flagrantly skirting the rules in my book which is the definition of cheating. Literally none of it happens without that.
no, what yan did is called a foul. what aljo did is called cheating. aljo is the real “bad actor” here. pun intended.

What? You think the UFC is going to shit on their own rules? It's only been 6 months, if Aljo hasn't fought in a year then strip him then.

Got the belt held up from a guy for god knows how long that didn't truly win the thing, and weirdly that creates an interim belt. So it's possible, Yan could win the interim belt, Aljo could eventually be stripped of the belt later on, and then Yan must fight again for the real belt that was never truly won from the stripped champ, while Aljo can claim he was champion for a year. It's just messed up that's all.

Just mob mentality.

He wasn't loved or hated before the Yan fight. It's also like people forget that YAN THREW A DISGUSTINGLY ILLEGAL BLOW AND KNEW WHAT HE WAS DOING.

They had a weird fight with a weird ending, Aljo got the belt on a technicality, and people hate him for feeding his family that championship money.

I would have done the same thing to feed my family, regardless of what anyone thinks.
That’s quite the twist you added. Everybody has to feed their family and his family can still eat be taken care of if he wasn’t Champion and just a contender.

People don’t like him because of the way he embellished that knee. It was fake af! Yan was wrong to do it but Aljo looks like a guy who is getting his ass handed to him the whole fight and found away out. He could’ve sold it better! He should’ve just laid there like the way he did after Moreas laid him out

Sorry, don’t care about personal interpretations of how a fighter “should” act when egregiously fouled. I place the blame on the fighter that breaks the rules.
I have a lot of respect for Anthony Smith for not taking the easy way out and exaggerating his injury to win a title. I have no respect for Aljo because he exaggerated his injury and won the title by acting like a soccer player pretending he was more hurt than he was. Then he ducks the rematch because he wants to hold onto the belt for as long as he can. This is one of those rare cases where the interim belt is the real belt. Contenders will want to win the prestigious interim title rather than fight the fake champ for some bullshit strap.

Just mob mentality.

He wasn't loved or hated before the Yan fight. It's also like people forget that YAN THREW A DISGUSTINGLY ILLEGAL BLOW AND KNEW WHAT HE WAS DOING.

They had a weird fight with a weird ending, Aljo got the belt on a technicality, and people hate him for feeding his family that championship money.

I would have done the same thing to feed my family, regardless of what anyone thinks.

All he had to do was not parade around with the belt initially and say "I want to win this legitimately. See you for the rematch Yan where I get you back for that massive foul" Instead he started calling out everyone not named Yan. Who gets KO'd by an illegal shot and doesn't want a rematch for revenge and starts floating other fights immediately? Someone who knows Yan has his number. I really like Aljo, but he won't beat Yan and he knows he needs as long as possible to adjust to even stand a chance.

Sorry, don’t care about personal interpretations of how a fighter “should” act when egregiously fouled. I place the blame on the fighter that breaks the rules.
it’s not a “personal interpretation.” the rules expressly prohibit “faking an injury.” those are not my words; they come straight from the unified rules. yan committed a foul, but aljo used it as an opportunity to fake injury. yan gained no advantage as he was handily winning, but aljo’s rule violation allowed him to escape a fight he was losing (awarding him the win is a further insult). see the difference? ajlo is the cheater, not yan.

the real issue here is not my “interpretation” of the rule; it’s that you are willing to overlook aljo’s blatant rule violation. anyway, that is why everyone hates aljo. he is a cheater who accuses other people of cheating. those kinds of people have always been hated.
Cheating? o_O
see above

Imagine if this guy held out so long he was stripped? You'd never see another guy with a belt without actually winning it and lose it without actually losing again in your life.

Make it happen Dana!

it’s not a “personal interpretation.” the rules expressly prohibit “faking an injury.” those are not my words; they come straight from the unified rules. yan committed a foul, but aljo used it as an opportunity to fake injury. yan gained no advantage as he was handily winning, but aljo’s rule violation allowed him to escape a fight he was losing (awarding him the win is a further insult). see the difference? ajlo is the cheater, not yan.

the real issue here is not my “interpretation” of the rule; it’s that you are willing to overlook aljo’s blatant rule violation. anyway, that is why everyone hates aljo. he is a cheater who accuses other people of cheating. those kinds of people have always been hated.

see above

It is 100% personal interpretation that Aljo was feigning injury because there is no way to know and comes down to how one thinks a fighter should “act” when fouled. There’s no doubt he was hit with a hard knee that was against the rules. It’s a personal interpretation that he was faking it. I’m taking personal opinion out of the equation and looking at the only one that verifiably broke the rules.

It is 100% personal interpretation that Aljo was feigning injury because there is no way to know and comes down to how one thinks a fighter should “act” when fouled. There’s no doubt he was hit with a hard knee that was against the rules. It’s a personal interpretation that he was faking it. I’m taking personal opinion out of the equation and looking at the only one that verifiably broke the rules.
if the rules operated in the manner you suggest, they could never be enforced because you can never be inside another person's head. but we don't need to rely on aljo's acting skills. we know, based upon a subsequent medical examination that aljo did not actually suffer the sort of concussion he was feigning. in fact, his own statements contradict his claim—he said he didn't remember anything after he went out, but he was also able to explain what happened while he was supposedly out. no cuts, no swelling. he was out partying and taking selfies that very same night. he was perfectly able to continue, and chose not to. aljo was clearly "faking an injury." even aljo fans mostly seemed to recognize what it was—a cringeworthy acting performance by a guy who was losing a fight. if anything, call it a no contest.

anyway, its some asshole's "interpretation" of the rules to rule yan's foul "intentional." you don't seem to have a problem with inferring yan's intentions based off your own interpretation of the rules, now do ya?

It's a conspiracy. Sterling, the UFC, the athletic commissions, the doctors, the refs, the judges are all in on it.

- Yan fans

The doctor asked Aljo if he was feeling better and he rolled his eyes up in his head and fell over. Doctor proclaimed, "This man isn't cleared and should keep the belt."

Jarl

I miss pride. No interim belts. We all knew who champs were. It's a clown show at the UFC.

Of course the Dr. isn’t going to clear you if you claim “it hurts”. <45>:rolleyes:

if the rules operated in the manner you suggest, they could never be enforced because you can never be inside another person's head. but we don't need to rely on aljo's acting skills. we know, based upon a subsequent medical examination that aljo did not actually suffer the sort of concussion he was feigning. in fact, his own statements contradict his claim—he said he didn't remember anything after he went out, but he was also able to explain what happened while he was supposedly out. no cuts, no swelling. he was out partying and taking selfies that very same night. he was perfectly able to continue, and chose not to. aljo was clearly "faking an injury." even aljo fans mostly seemed to recognize what it was—a cringeworthy acting performance by a guy who was losing a fight. if anything, call it a no contest.

anyway, its some asshole's "interpretation" of the rules to rule yan's foul "intentional." you don't seem to have a problem with inferring yan's intentions based off your own interpretation of the rules, now do ya?

You’re using information after the fact that still doesn’t mean he was capable of fighting in that moment. He was fouled, Yan fucked up and opened himself up to that possibility.

And yeah, Yan was warned immediately before in a stagnant situation so the DQ was warranted. You’re arguing opinions, I’m stating facts with absolutely zero opinion. Bottom line, one guy clearly broke the rules by the book and the other only did by your opinion, which is meaningless.

if his neck is that fucking bad, why is he fighting anyway???

fake ass bullshit excuse

sounds like he was doctor shopping and found someone who would get him out of the fight like a white girl who gets a note from the doctor she can stay home for a mental health day

Back