Aljo Sterling out because he wasn't clear by doctors

theyre trying to get yan out of the picture because sterling is more marketable

Quite the other way round. UFC doesnt want sterling as a champ, they waited forever to give him a title shot, waited till they had no other choices and even after that debacle I heard Aljo say in one of his podcast that he had to make a quick decision because he knew he wouldnt get another title shot any time soon. UFC doesnt like Aljo that's pretty clear and he only had one appearance on a UFC panel show, never got invited again. Max does more appearances than aljo, even injured and non champ.

Just mob mentality.

He wasn't loved or hated before the Yan fight. It's also like people forget that YAN THREW A DISGUSTINGLY ILLEGAL BLOW AND KNEW WHAT HE WAS DOING.

They had a weird fight with a weird ending, Aljo got the belt on a technicality, and people hate him for feeding his family that championship money.

I would have done the same thing to feed my family, regardless of what anyone thinks.

Aljo did his best to fuel the hate though, acting like he was a legitimate champ and posing with the belt. I would not have done that if I were trying to make fans.

Creating an interim belt to hold off for the guy, that won the belt by DQ with no title defenses....ya that seems a little off.
What? You think the UFC is going to shit on their own rules? It's only been 6 months, if Aljo hasn't fought in a year then strip him then.

I dunno, going to give Aljo the benefit of the doubt based on having neck surgery myself a few years ago, it took 6 months before I had full feeling and use of my extremities back. When talking about getting my full strength back enough for strenuous exercise, that took almost 9 months to a year, I was seriously balls to the wall in physical therapy as well for what it’s worth.

its pretty easy to go to a doctor and play up all your symptoms, cry, and get an excuse.

especially true with injuries like his. doc asked him to make a fist to test hand grip strength. Aljo probably gave 50% effort and acted like he was in pain.

for a doc with his license on the line, he's going to be on the side off caution rather than let a fighter who doesn't want to fight back in there.
Well technically grip strength would have little to do with the levels they operated on in his c spine. We are also trained pretty well to sniff out malingerers. But your last statement is accurate that erring on the side of caution, especially in the cervical spine where the ramifications are pretty dang important, is the smart play. No doubt
Aljo very much played a role in this decision as well

Don’t blame the victim …Yan my boy , but he caused this with the illegal knee

The hate for this dude is insane. All logic being thrown out the window. I was pretty indifferent to Aljo but now kinda hoping he kicks Yan’s ass given all the insane hate he’s getting. Really says something that the man that gets egregiously fouled catches more shit because he doesn’t act how people want him to instead of the guy that blatantly breaks the rules.

Doctor: -How is your neck?
Aljo:
Aljo.gif

Doctor: -Sorry, you can't fight

Dr.-"are you feeling feverish, fatigued, sore, coughing, etc?"
Sterling-"no, I feel fi......Yeah, totally. All four of those actually. My mom dad and siblings all just got covid, and I just went to a family reunion with them. You don't think I have covid, do you?"

1. Non-white people can be racist too.

2. What exactly is he milking? What is the benefit here?

He will get a career high payday by defending as the champion.

As it stands now, he's just getting a bunch of hate for sitting out with the belt.

Also, the fact that he failed his medicals means that he accepted the fight injured (to get paid).
1. Non-white people can be racist too.

2. What exactly is he milking? What is the benefit here?

He will get a career high payday by defending as the champion.

As it stands now, he's just getting a bunch of hate for sitting out with the belt.

Also, the fact that he failed his medicals means that he accepted the fight injured (to get paid).

1) They can, but the poster suggested that if the person had been white people wouldn't make such a fuss. Well, maybe others, but certainly not I.

2) He is getting massive financial benefits from being the champion, including sponsorships, media deals, commercials and promotional stuff, social media leverage, coverage, merchandise, etc. He will get a big payday for defending, but being champion generates an immense amount of value, and losing the title means losing that value. He knows fighting Yan makes it very possible he will lose the title so he's trying to squeeze every dollar he can.

3) Or, that he has had a doctor ratify his version to keep dragging this out. I would hope the UFC forces Sterling to take independent medical tests so he can't bluff them, but I don't know if that is the case.

Suuuuuure,
why schedule the fight if he was’t cleared? On top of light sparring with Merab, this is all just a bad look.
They generally schedule title fights a few months out. They obviously did so with the assumption that Sterling would be good to go by 267.

It was not a legit foul.

Fucking cuck bitch Aljo was playing the turtle game, and Yan lifted him off the ground before the knee.

Even if you lift the fighter's knee off the ground by 1 inch, it's still a legal knee. Aljo should be banned from ever fighting again for playing the chicken turtle game and then being burned, and rolling around like a goof afterwards.
You're being an idiot. Aljo's knee was on the ground, not lifted in the air. Yan's knee was 100% illegal.

As much as fans hate it when fighters "play the game," it's not against the rules and in fact throwing that knee was. Yan had loads of other options in that position without throwing his dumbass knee.

strip this loser, cut him, and either give the belt to yan, or have a fight for the vacant belt. it’s always gonna be like this with aljo, enough already.

they hate him because he faked an injury to win a fight he was losing, which is expressly against the rules. he is a cheater. aljo is a filthy cheater, and a malingering fight dodging drama queen. and the fact that his whole act revolves around calling yan a cheater doesn’t help. if anything, it should have been a point deduction, a no contest at worst. crowning aljo champion is like a slap in the face to every champion who ever earned a victory. so yeah, of course everyone hates him. he did it to himself.

and no, he’s never going to beat yan. yan is a superior fighter.

Sorry, blame goes on Yan for flagrantly skirting the rules in my book which is the definition of cheating. Literally none of it happens without that.

Back