Aljo Sterling out because he wasn't clear by doctors

With far less money lmao

Right.

So it's not about feeding his family. You're just arguing that fighters should do whatever it takes to maximize income.

So why bring "feed his family" into it as if someone is gonna starve if he didn't fake not being able to continue to fight?

Just mob mentality.

He wasn't loved or hated before the Yan fight. It's also like people forget that YAN THREW A DISGUSTINGLY ILLEGAL BLOW AND KNEW WHAT HE WAS DOING.

They had a weird fight with a weird ending, Aljo got the belt on a technicality, and people hate him for feeding his family that championship money.

I would have done the same thing to feed my family, regardless of what anyone thinks.
You would fake an injury to win a belt. Ok

My experience lets me know what it's actually like to be in there. Are you telling me that Yan couldn't see Aljo's knee flush to the ground? His corner and him are silly as fuck for this error and it cost them the belt in a fight they were clearly winning.

I am glad you admit you were wrong.

096E9F08-105B-4FD0-A69B-3895D8EF4B80.jpeg
Just mob mentality.

He wasn't loved or hated before the Yan fight. It's also like people forget that YAN THREW A DISGUSTINGLY ILLEGAL BLOW AND KNEW WHAT HE WAS DOING.

They had a weird fight with a weird ending, Aljo got the belt on a technicality, and people hate him for feeding his family that championship money.

I would have done the same thing to feed my family, regardless of what anyone thinks.
It was a business decision. I don't blame him. Fighters that live to fight (Yan is one) would never think of quitting the fight.

Aljo won't get his payday until he defends the title. No fight, no pay. Tweets and Instagram poses with a belt he never earned pays nothing. If he wasn't naive and/or delusional, he would have accepted a match before having surgery on a ten year-old kneck problem. (Why repair a neck only to have Petr Yan break it?) He chose to gamble with the chance he could be stripped and never get that meal ticket.

How long will it take for some people to understand that the "downed-fighter" rule disrupts the flow of a fight. A big knee to your head serves a purpose. If he knew that could happen, he wouldn't have took his sweet time getting up off the mat that he kept falling down and lying on. He said he thought he was in a "safe space"! You're in a fight, Aljo. You shouldn't assume there's a place of safety, regardless of a knee rule.

This rule needs to be overturned. Yan wanted to finish his opponent. If a goofball keeps falling down and doesn't want to get up in an urgent manner, well, FINISH HIM! Rolling around on the mat to avoid fighting is the problem. A skull crusher is the answer. Don't play children's games in a fight. Yan had had enough of Aljo desiring that he come down on him and frolic together.

Finishes, not Decisions!

Reactions: HHJ
Right.

So it's not about feeding his family. You're just arguing that fighters should do whatever it takes to maximize income.

So why bring "feed his family" into it as if someone is gonna starve if he didn't fake not being able to continue to fight?
How he'll feed his family this winter after being stripped.

972AE700-73B0-4530-941A-2DF43F7CD132.jpeg

Here's the thing, he won the title on a technicality. A rule violation.

The minute he was unable to do the rematch, an interim title made sense.

That first fight left a bad taste in everyone's mouth and no one wants to wait around another 3-4 months to see the BW title defended

Injured my ass lol at all the goofs that believed him. Shit hes in way better shape than Moreno

1AF8214C-9257-4B3B-B402-31D0C1A97A06.jpeg

And here are more excuses

new video

Lol at anyone believing that excuse. Ffs wasnt there a video of Sterling sparring on Saturday

ya cause a doctor not clearing you for when the ufc wanted to do a fight isa excuse now?

Dana is gonna pull another interim belt outta his ass but either way whoever Yan is fighting should be for a belt. Call it interim if you want, we know who the champ really is.

yup it aljo.

Suuuuuure,
why schedule the fight if he was’t cleared? On top of light sparring with Merab, this is all just a bad look.

aljo though that be enough time. also he could of had a set back during the summer. also cause he was soarring could be when he twicked his neck as he was recovering.

This is the thing with Aljo. He won the belt and started taking pictures...which was fine. But then he started saying that he was the "REAL" champ and not acknowledging what got him that belt. Since that time, it seems pretty apparent he's been trying to avoid a rematch.
I had no opinion of the guy until his shenanigans. In my opinion, the only fighter who has legit ducked a fight since Tito ducked Chuck, before he was eventually forced.

aljo doesnt have to tell any one how he the champ the belt says he the champ.

also what are his shenangans anyway? being hurt ?

Back