Aljo Sterling out because he wasn't clear by doctors

Yan shouldn’t have to fight someone else to get his rematch for the belt

strip Aljo, and he can have an immediate title shot when he’s ready

That would be a bad look. Should they have stripped Francis too? Should have have interim titles at all?

I don't think Yan has to fight, he can wait for Sterling and UFC would probably be okay with that. But he wants to get paid. Lets me real here, Yan has been injured a lot himself which stopped the belt getting challengers. Injuries are part of the game and everyone wants to see healthy fighters performing at their best.

Very odd brand UFC tactics to control fighters, I wonder if they went full asshole and announced the bout before pen was put to paper.
"Doctors"
No reason to not believe Aljo here if doctors didn't clear him given fight doctors will practically clear a corpse to fight.

Dana is gonna pull another interim belt outta his ass but either way whoever Yan is fighting should be for a belt. Call it interim if you want, we know who the champ really is.
The real champ damn sure isn't some cheat who has to cheat to win a fight that he still loses because he is a cheat.

Do you not know anything about combat sports? It's very rare for a fighter to be pulled even when they should be. They will clear fighters to fight with staph, pissing hot, severe brain damage, nonfucntioning kidneys, pugilistic dementia. They don't give a fuck. If a doctor pulls you from a fight, it's certainly not from a lack of effort in clearing you to do so.

You’re using information after the fact that still doesn’t mean he was capable of fighting in that moment. He was fouled, Yan fucked up and opened himself up to that possibility.

And yeah, Yan was warned immediately before in a stagnant situation so the DQ was warranted. You’re arguing opinions, I’m stating facts with absolutely zero opinion. Bottom line, one guy clearly broke the rules by the book and the other only did by your opinion, which is meaningless.

how far up your own ass must you be to unironically state you're arguing "facts with absolutely zero opinion?" get over yourself. you've got an opinion like everyone else. your "facts" and your opinion are one and the same.

think about the logical conclusion of your ridiculous position. does every fighter who gets fouled get an option to for a dq win? would you be okay with anthony smith taking a dq win over jon jones? if so, why not all of jones's opponents? who not everyone who gets fouled take a dq win? there is a rule against timidity for this reason. the rule expressly references "faking an injury" because opportunistic athletes have exploited fouls in the past (e.g., soccer players, flopping and grabbing their knees, hoping to win a penalty kick). note that no fighter would be "faking an injury" from a non-foul, because that would amount to a tko loss. the rule against "faking an injury" applies to victims of fouls, specifically fighters who try to milk fouls for extra time, or to otherwise obtain some benefit they don't deserve. that is exactly what aljo did. he broke the rule against timidity in the worst possible way, and it caused the worst possible outcome. your position on aljo's (poor) acting is basically "we can never know, so he gets the benefit of the doubt." but if we adopt your view, there is no rule against timidity anymore, because who are we to judge whether the fouled fighter can continue? there's no way you're going to consistently apply your own rule, so don't bother trying.

i offered a reasonable middle ground: rule the fight a no contest. yan's foul wasn't as egregious as you and the karen army make it out to be—the man doesn't even speak english, and aljo was putting himself in that position constantly to avoid fighting (again, see the rule against timidity). alternatively, deduct a point. but dq was not the only option, and was grossly disproportionate. only in the most extreme circumstances should a foul warrant a dq loss, and this was just not one of them. if yan were losing the fight, and if aljo had actually lost consciousness, it would be a stronger case for dq. but all this accomplished was to declare the loser as the winner.

how far up your own ass must you be to unironically state you're arguing "facts with absolutely zero opinion?" get over yourself. you've got an opinion like everyone else. your "facts" and your opinion are one and the same.

think about the logical conclusion of your ridiculous position. does every fighter who gets fouled get an option to for a dq win? would you be okay with anthony smith taking a dq win over jon jones? if so, why not all of jones's opponents? who not everyone who gets fouled take a dq win? there is a rule against timidity for this reason. the rule expressly references "faking an injury" because opportunistic athletes have exploited fouls in the past (e.g., soccer players, flopping and grabbing their knees, hoping to win a penalty kick). note that no fighter would be "faking an injury" from a non-foul, because that would amount to a tko loss. the rule against "faking an injury" applies to victims of fouls, specifically fighters who try to milk fouls for extra time, or to otherwise obtain some benefit they don't deserve. that is exactly what aljo did. he broke the rule against timidity in the worst possible way, and it caused the worst possible outcome. your position on aljo's (poor) acting is basically "we can never know, so he gets the benefit of the doubt." but if we adopt your view, there is no rule against timidity anymore, because who are we to judge whether the fouled fighter can continue? there's no way you're going to consistently apply your own rule, so don't bother trying.

i offered a reasonable middle ground: rule the fight a no contest. yan's foul wasn't as egregious as you and the karen army make it out to be—the man doesn't even speak english, and aljo was putting himself in that position constantly to avoid fighting (again, see the rule against timidity). alternatively, deduct a point. but dq was not the only option, and was grossly disproportionate. only in the most extreme circumstances should a foul warrant a dq loss, and this was just not one of them. if yan were losing the fight, and if aljo had actually lost consciousness, it would be a stronger case for dq. but all this accomplished was to declare the loser as the winner.

Buddy, I’m not going to argue this unendingly and your rambling replies are getting longer and extraneous. And frankly, I don’t care enough about the situation or your opinion to keep going. So I’ll leave you with my original point, which you’ve steered the conversation far away from.

The hate is disproportionately being put on Aljo and not the guy that undeniably broke the rules not subject to interpretation or opinion. You haven’t disproven that because you can’t. It’s objective fact. None of this happens if Yan follows the rules. Period.

Buddy, I’m not going to argue this unendingly and your rambling replies are getting longer and extraneous. And frankly, I don’t care enough about the situation or your opinion to keep going. So I’ll leave you with my original point, which you’ve steered the conversation far away from.

The hate is disproportionately being put on Aljo and not the guy that undeniably broke the rules not subject to interpretation or opinion. You haven’t disproven that because you can’t. It’s objective fact. None of this happens if Yan follows the rules. Period.
you can't argue, because you're not very good at arguing, "buddy." but bye, and hope you can cope with the fact that everyone rightly hates aljamain sterling. go buy his merch while you still can.

We should give him the benefit of the doubt regardless. But if he's unable to fight before a year is up they should seriously ask him to relinquish the belt

you can't argue, because you're not very good at arguing, "buddy." but bye, and hope you can cope with the fact that everyone rightly hates aljamain sterling. go buy his merch while you still can.

Lol. You’re so angry and biased you think stating objective facts makes me an Aljo fan. No need to take this shit so seriously, my man. Take it easy.

The real champ damn sure isn't some cheat who has to cheat to win a fight that he still loses because he is a cheat.
So definitely not Jon Jones, right? :p

Can he be stripped due to medical conditions?

Sure didnt look injured to me, was moving around and poppin head around too. If his neck is really so bad that he wouldn’t be helping anyone warm up
He said he feels better then ever and can move around pretty freely, just that he can't last doing it.

I know you don't believe his excuse, but maybe you should try reading it, cuz you're just making yourself look dumb

ah yes the decade long neck injury Sterling said hes had since college wrestling days and fought with for so long… Just suddenly took a turn for the worse after he won the belt lmao

You goofs are so gullible
Everyone is healthy and ready to fight until they win a belt.

Lol at anyone believing that excuse. Ffs wasnt there a video of Sterling sparring on Saturday

What are you talking about?? It's was the UFC doctors that denied him clearance. Why would the UFC doctors making excuses??

It's weird how many people are shitting on the guy that won, because his opponent cheated.

Strange society.

Just before he did it, he was warned. And DID IT ANYWAY. He deserved every bit of that DQ. I don't care how great he did the rest of the fight.

Back