News Aljo Confirms Cejudo fight.

Aljo... He should have done everything possible to fight O'Malley next

And I say this as a fan. Love Aljo. Hate this fight

This. Aljo could've got a bigger pay day in fighting suga and even having an easier time doin it.

CCC going to take back HIS title and then beat up sugar lol

Due to recent events and information that came out I hope Aljon retains. So lets go Aljo!!!
<{clintugh}>
..Cant believe I just went with that

Not sure if Aljo is such a good matchup for Henry. Henry probably thinks that but he is in for a rude awakening imo.
Aljo is a tough fight for anyone regardless of how he matches up with them, not saying it’s an easy win for Cejudo.

But on paper Cejudo’s wrestling cancels out Aljo’s BJJ, which makes it a striking battle which isn’t Aljo’s strong suit (not saying he’s bad, but he mostly beats people with his grappling)

Compare that to Yan, who is a great striker, with good wrestling… that’s a much tougher fight for Cejudo, and if he had beaten Aljo I doubt Cejudo comes back to 135.

can't believe it but i'll be rooting for cejudo

ufc probably making this matchup because they are tired of dealing with Aljo.
- most fans hate him
- he doesn't sell
- always wants time off
- wants to renegotiate after beating a guy with 1 arm

not that cejudo is much better. but the mexican audience he can bring will outweight the cons

He is a fool

He should have called out Sugar immediately after the TJ fight and secure that match-up. A favorable fight with a big name.

Terrible career management here. Cejudo is much tougher fight with a lot less shine

Maybe he doesnt have a coward's mentality? Maybe he finds more value in fighting a former champ? Betcha had the Suga fight have been made you and everyone would be complaining about how much of a coward Aljo is for giving the TS to Omaley when Chito has a win over Omaley or how he is duckin Cejudo LOL

People will always find something to complain/criticize.

Last edited:
I'd venture a guess that a) O'Malley isn't interested in fighting Aljo yet due to his heavy grappling style, and/or b) UFC doesn't think O'Malley is ready to fight Aljo yet due to his heavy grappling style. The O'Malley fight makes too much sense and would make too much money for Aljo or the UFC to ignore unless they had a longer term plan for O'Malley (like giving him the next 6-9 months to improve his defensive grappling skills).

Aljo would destroy cejudo but unfortunately goat suga beats him

Dunno why people are ripping on aljo because he took a harder fight? thats why the fight game is meant to be about fighting the best and seeing if you can overcome it? not picking easier fights and cerjudo never lost the belt so dont care that he gets a title shot.

i don't mind CCC getting the shot, he only left cus he was massively underpaid like 90% of the other fighters, and Suga got a gifted decision over Yan, I hope they have him fight Chito for the winner of CCC/Alj

Cejudo is a bad matchup with Aljo. I just don't see Aljo grapple fucking Cejudo, especially with Cejudo training with DJ.

March isn't too bad. He should've said March to begin with then I doubt he would've gotten so much backlash for "wanting to sit out forever"

He is a fool

He should have called out Sugar immediately after the TJ fight and secure that match-up. A favorable fight with a big name.

Terrible career management here. Cejudo is much tougher fight with a lot less shine

On paper. But so was TJ and then he showed up with 1 arm and that threw everything out the window.

Until the UFC fixes their joke of a medical clearance process, I'm not touching a retired/long layoff fighter. I have literally no idea how they'll look until they step in the cage because there's no guarantee with the system currently in place that these guys are actually healthy. For fuck's sakes, TJ was even allowed to do his "public" workout behind closed doors without media so nobody saw he couldn't throw any strikes or stop a takedown. Even that "safeguard" of a public eye test by fans was allowed to be tossed aside to cover this up.

Say what you will matchup wise, but at least Suga's striking and power looked as good as ever, if not better, against the best opponent he's ever fought. I'm way more confident in him showing up like he usually does than Henry who wasn't fought in forever and will get through the same joke of a process that cleared TJ.

From everything I've read/heard over the past few weeks, it seems this fight is happening very much at the insistence of the UFC. I got the impression neither Aljo or O'Malley had that much of a say in the matter.

Good for Aljo. Could have took a much easier matchup in Rainbow Brite but he went for the 2 division champ instead. Way more intriguing fight. I favor Aljo, but CCC will probably be his toughest fight outside of Yan. Let O'Malley rematch Chito for the next shot he had no business in the title picture after his gift wrapped last fight.

"I saw Ali setting up a fake fight between Aljo & Cejudo which I'm told hasn't been offered yet & they aren't looking in that direction." -Ariel Helwani yesterday or Monday on the MMAhour.

On paper. But so was TJ and then he showed up with 1 arm and that threw everything out the window.

Until the UFC fixes their joke of a medical clearance process, I'm not touching a retired/long layoff fighter. I have literally no idea how they'll look until they step in the cage because there's no guarantee with the system currently in place that these guys are actually healthy. For fuck's sakes, TJ was even allowed to do his "public" workout behind closed doors without media so nobody saw he couldn't throw any strikes or stop a takedown. Even that "safeguard" of a public eye test by fans was allowed to be tossed aside to cover this up.

Say what you will matchup wise, but at least Suga's striking and power looked as good as ever, if not better, against the best opponent he's ever fought. I'm way more confident in him showing up like he usually does than Henry who wasn't fought in forever and will get through the same joke of a process that cleared TJ.

Can’t really say I disagree with anything here. For all we know Henry hasn’t trained in months/years. We have no idea if he still has it.

Back