News Aljo Confirms Cejudo fight.

“I like the matchup,” Sterling said. “I think it’s going to be a fun fight for the fans. I think, on paper, it will be more competitive, even though I think skill wise I think [Sean] O’Malley possesses more of a threat of fight ending KO, if that makes sense. Henry can win the fight but I don’t think he wins by finish. I just can’t see myself losing to Henry by finish.

“That’s always possible but I just don’t see how Henry can find a shot that can put me out unless I ran face first into his knee like I did against Marlon Moraes, which knock on wood, I don’t think that’s going to happen again.”

Dang, I was excited to see him fight Suga. I honestly think Henry needs to fight contenders first, but this is also good. I hope Aljo wins. I think Henry will hold the division to fight Volk at 145 if he wins this. Sucks to see many division being logjammed. FUCKKK!!

heh, that's a change...
If I recall, he was trying hard to dismiss Cejudo...

Uck, Cejudo doesn’t deserve it.

Sits out, cherry picks Aljo because he’s a good matchup, then will either call O’Malley out because he’s also a good matchup, or try to get another undeserved TS at 145.

This shit is bad for the sport, it’s the same shit Conor tries to do.

he left as champ. If he fights the champ. Wins. Wouldn’t he then fight the next guy who is omalley.
Who should he fight if he beats aljo?

I really hope O'Malley doesn't wait for the winner. The two new clear contenders, I guess besides... Cejudo.. are O'malley and Vera who, wouldn't you know, have a history. Rematch em, winner gets a shot, no one waits. Maybe even have OMalley and Vera coach TUF.

Did he not campaign for the past year to get a TS at 145?

The proof is in how he has ran his career, it’s not like I’m trying to read his mind.
Cejudo vs Aljo is a high level fight. I'm glad UFC was able to put this together. We'll cross those bridges when we get there.

This fight is a great legacy win for either fighter. Enjoy it.

“I like the matchup,” Sterling said. “I think it’s going to be a fun fight for the fans. I think, on paper, it will be more competitive, even though I think skill wise I think [Sean] O’Malley possesses more of a threat of fight ending KO, if that makes sense. Henry can win the fight but I don’t think he wins by finish. I just can’t see myself losing to Henry by finish.

“That’s always possible but I just don’t see how Henry can find a shot that can put me out unless I ran face first into his knee like I did against Marlon Moraes, which knock on wood, I don’t think that’s going to happen again.”

Dang, I was excited to see him fight Suga. I honestly think Henry needs to fight contenders first, but this is also good. I hope Aljo wins. I think Henry will hold the division to fight Volk at 145 if he wins this. Sucks to see many division being logjammed. FUCKKK!!

TJ and CCC plus a controversial win over Yan to win the title and a controversial decision after to defend. It's a weird resume with some good names on it regardless if he gets the win. CCC is still dangerous.

Cejudo vs Aljo is a high level fight. I'm glad UFC was able to put this together. We'll cross those bridges when we get there.

This fight is a great legacy win for either fighter. Enjoy it.
Yeah I will enjoy it for sure, but imagine this logic in any other sport. Let’s say after MJ left to play Baseball, rather than having to come back to the playoffs (which he lost) he skipped over all the other teams who had to go through the play offs, and deal with the exhaustion and wear and tear from that. It would be unfair on multiple different levels, who wouldn’t have wanted to see MJ in that finals? That doesn’t make it right just because it’s something you would want to see as a fan.

Anyway you’re one of the best posters on here so I respect your take on it. Agree to disagree <Oku04>

he left as champ. If he fights the champ. Wins. Wouldn’t he then fight the next guy who is omalley.
Who should he fight if he beats aljo?
For one just because you left as champ doesn’t mean you should be able to sit out for years and come right back into a TS.

I think Chito has a better argument than O’Malley.

But the point is I don’t think Cejudo plans on coming back and defending the title against anyone and everyone for as long as he can. I think he wants to get in and get out as soon as possible without having to fight anyone who doesn’t match up well with him.

He is a fool

He should have called out Sugar immediately after the TJ fight and secure that match-up. A favorable fight with a big name.

Terrible career management here. Cejudo is much tougher fight with a lot less shine

That's true... though he's also lucky he never had to fight Aldo

Back