News Aljo Confirms Cejudo fight.

Crazy Librarian

僕は神だ
Banned
Reaction score

“I like the matchup,” Sterling said. “I think it’s going to be a fun fight for the fans. I think, on paper, it will be more competitive, even though I think skill wise I think [Sean] O’Malley possesses more of a threat of fight ending KO, if that makes sense. Henry can win the fight but I don’t think he wins by finish. I just can’t see myself losing to Henry by finish.

“That’s always possible but I just don’t see how Henry can find a shot that can put me out unless I ran face first into his knee like I did against Marlon Moraes, which knock on wood, I don’t think that’s going to happen again.”

Dang, I was excited to see him fight Suga. I honestly think Henry needs to fight contenders first, but this is also good. I hope Aljo wins. I think Henry will hold the division to fight Volk at 145 if he wins this. Sucks to see many division being logjammed. FUCKKK!!

Last edited:
Uck, Cejudo doesn’t deserve it.

Sits out, cherry picks Aljo because he’s a good matchup, then will either call O’Malley out because he’s also a good matchup, or try to get another undeserved TS at 145.

This shit is bad for the sport, it’s the same shit Conor tries to do.

Sits out, cherry picks Aljo because he’s a good matchup, then will either call O’Malley out because he’s also a good matchup, or try to get another undeserved TS at 145.

Why is it bad for the sport?

He is a fool

He should have called out Sugar immediately after the TJ fight and secure that match-up. A favorable fight with a big name.

Terrible career management here. Cejudo is much tougher fight with a lot less shine
I can't believe this but I'm actually agreeing with you in all your point lol

He is a fool

He should have called out Sugar immediately after the TJ fight and secure that match-up. A favorable fight with a big name.

Terrible career management here. Cejudo is much tougher fight with a lot less shine
Not sure if Aljo would have much to say in this case. Suga hasn't exactly been vocal about the titleshot. And Henrys manager is Ali who gets shit done as far as titleshots go.

"“I like the matchup,” Sterling said. “I think it’s going to be a fun fight for the fans. I think, on paper, it will be more competitive, even though I think skill wise I think [Sean] O’Malley possesses more of a threat of fight ending KO, if that makes sense"

no it doesn't, it's just an easier fight for you.

Henry is coming back, you have to fight him.

He is a fool

Meh, it’ll be funny watching sugar shins get dumped on his head by either guy when he gets a title shot

Lol. And Jones is moving up to hw.

I'll hold off until more concrete evidence comes out. Lot of times, fighters post stuff like this for contract negotiation tactics
Is aljo up for renewal? I think henry is also relegated to just accepting whatever the ufc gives him also. He tried every tactic and it failed

On paper, Cejudo is a much tougher fight than O'Malley for Sterling. He won't just walk in there and start wrestlefucking/backpacking Cejudo. Cejudo is fast, explosive, can grapple really well, huge fucking head.

Sean would be way easier to wrestle, hold down, possibly submit and has enough fans for Aljo to get a good pay. Interesting they chose this matchup but respect to Aljo.

This hopefully means Chito vs O'Malley rematch. Maybe Merab vs Sandhagen too?

Not a big fan of "retired" fighters coming back and immediately getting a title shot, but a win here would be huge for Aljo. He'd have three defenses in Yan, TJ and Cejudo. Great resumé, even with all the controversy.

Not sure if Aljo is such a good matchup for Henry. Henry probably thinks that but he is in for a rude awakening imo.

This thread and a previous one have let us all know about this.

Watch, another "official breaking news" thread will arise telling us this all over again.

Back