Alistair Overeem: Fedor does not deserve to be named "greatest heavyweight ever"

8b1.png

Fedor's career up to 2005 is enough to be considered the best HW ever. He makes a decent point about the Maldonado fight though.

I legit LOL'd when he was like "who did Fedor fight again?" when talking about that fight

So who is, then? Certainly not AO even if he beats Stipe. Not Cain. Not JDS. Not Werdum. Not Brawk.

It's the same competition as it was in 2006: Nog vs Fedor.

Personally I still think Cain* is in the running to take the mantle from Fedor. He's the one with the skill set I see capable of a real reign if his health permits.

*Sea Level

Dear, Alistair go and break 10yrs undefeated streak and i will call u best hw in the world. Ohhh u can't too late.
he could probably go 10 years undefeated if all the refs had earpieces and the yakuza were backstage telling all his opponents they had to lose

Lol when fedor
If Alistair Overeem fought Fedor's competition, you best believe he would have had the same streak.
Lol when fedor was top dog in pride, alistair was meat. Wtf u talking about.

Overeem wasn't in his prime in 2003. Fuck off lmfao.
Okay. So then Overeem's "prime" is the Ubereem era. Which is inextricably linked to steroid abuse. Which makes this even more silly.

I don't even give a shit about PEDs but to be a rampant user, like the POSTER BOY for PEDs, second only to probably Belfort, and to talk smack about another guy fading after a long career is just ridiculous lol.

I don't agree with him but I like it!

It's a great work if it comes off, fire a shot across the bow at the washed up goat right before your title fight. If he beats Stipe it's definitely something the UFC could run with and finally get Fedor into the octagon for a couple of fights

Hendo greater than Fedor in every way.... fought superior fighters, routinely fought guys much larger than himself, didn't take years off, oldest active fighter in the UFC, 46 fights to date, never popped for steroids, only martial artist to hold two titles in two weight classes, fought in literally every org, competed in the 92 and 96 olympics, medalled twice at the pan american games and he smoked a 34 year old Fedor along the way...

Yup. Fedor is not deserving of the title greatest HW ever.

10 year undefeated streak
7 years ranked as the number 1 fighter in the world
RINGS/Pride HW/Pride 04 GP Champion
Named Fighter of the Decade 2000-2010
26 fight win streak
3 Pride HW title defenses. Still more than any UFC HW ever
13 top 10 wins at HW
Beat K1, ADCC, Olympic, Judo, NCAA Champions
Multiple time fighter and HW fighter of the year
Multiple time Gold Combat Sambo medalist while competing in MMA
Beaten multiple former UFC champions
Beat the best fighters from his era in Nog, CC, Arlovski, Sylvia
Most well rounded fighter in HW history
Many legends and current fighters have called him the GOAT including fighters JDS, Werdum, Cain, Shogun, Aldo, Rockhold, and even Mike Tyson.

You just wrote evrything I would like too. Thank you for words of wisdom.

Okay. So then Overeem's "prime" is the Ubereem era. Which is inextricably linked to steroid abuse. Which makes this even more silly.

I don't even give a shit about PEDs but to be a rampant user, like the POSTER BOY for PEDs, second only to probably Belfort, and to talk smack about another guy fading after a long career is just ridiculous lol.
Not sure why you're quoting me. I think it's as stupid as you do. But I also think it's funny to see so many people get all worked up over a person they don't know.

Hendo greater than Fedor in every way.... fought superior fighters, routinely fought guys much larger than himself, didn't take years off, oldest active fighter in the UFC, 46 fights to date, never popped for steroids, only martial artist to hold two titles in two weight classes, fought in literally every org, competed in the 92 and 96 olympics, medalled twice at the pan american games and he smoked a 34 year old Fedor along the way...

Never popped for steroids. He was on TRT for many years for christ sake.

Try to remind yourself TRT Vitor the most vicious and brutal killing machine in martial arts.

Didnt he knocked out 2 UFC champions? Rockhold and Bisping? ^^

Not sure why you're quoting me. I think it's as stupid as you do. But I also think it's funny to see so many people get all worked up over a person they don't know.
My bad haha. Sherdog spazzed out on me. This was the intended reply...

7sId6QO.gif

If he retired after the AA fight, it would have sealed him as GOAT (not just heavyweight, but p4p) and virtually nothing could have been done to change that.

The problem is he continued and proceeded to make himself look really bad. History isn't going to be kind to the unfair judging of his most recent fight.

It's a shame really.

He has a poimt. I am a huge Fedor nuthugger, but the facts are fact the victors write history and the UFC is the victor.

Fedor was never in the UFC so he will be forgotten by many people except the old school fans who will eventually die. Fedor's run I'm Prude and leafing up to 2009 was awesome but after that he did take the easy way out. I realize he beat top 10 fighters but it says a lot that he didn't want to be in the UFC contract.

This belief that Dana was unwilling to sign Fedor is bullshit the guy tried 3x and offered Fedor more than most fighters will ever get m1 global demanding co-promotion is bullshit given that they are nothing and just wanted to mouch off the UFC brand.

If Fedor had simply come to the UFC and won a fight or two especially while undefeated. The UFC would of claimed him as their own and shown all sorts of "behind the scenes" and trying to cement Fedor as their fighter. But since he avoided the UFC they have no reason to give him attentuon, that is unless he wants to come to the UFC.

UFC would be nuts to not sign Fedor. It is all up to Fedor though.

And now delusional Fedor fans who can't see reality will attack me and use the usual list of "look who a Fedor beat he doesn't need UFC". That is true and all but going forward he won't be cemented like boxing cemented Muhammad Ali or Iron Mike Tyson.

"I'm a huge fedor nuthugger"
Then it's up to you to not let the UFC write him out of history... Your point is atrocious.

Fedor didn't have a late career resurgence fueled by Bane-esque levels of steroid abuse. But can you imagine if Fedor had juiced himself to the gills and blown up into Mega Fedor, like Overeem juiced himself up into Ubereem? This would be an entirely different conversation.

Econoreem shouldn't even be able to make that argument with a straight face. He knows how many needles went into that chute to get him where he is today.
I'd pay to watch Mega-Fedor fight Ubereem

There is quite literally only one fighter even close to unseating Fedor as the best heavyweight of all time, and he lost to Fedor twice. Nobody else even comes close.

Bigfoot stopped them both and he's in the UFC, so it's a moot point. He fought Werdum, who became the UFC champ. If he had signed with the UFC right after Affliction went down it would've been Fedor vs Brock and then Cain instead. Either way you put it that's top competition.

Back