News Alexandre Pantoja to defend Flyweight title against Steve Erceg at UFC 301

Who Wins?

• Alexandre Pantoja

Votes: 64 77.1%
  • Steve Erceg

Votes: 19 22.9%

• Total voters
I think the odds will stay around this range, can't see Pantoja ballooning to being a giant favorite over Erceg

I'm not a casual but Steve who?!!?
<FookIsThatGuy>

I could imagine the odds to this fight come fight day

Bad matchmaking

And people said I was a clown for suggesting moreno or royal first.

This will be a fun fight btw, just oddball shit ranking wise.

Mokaev didn't at least get a thank you or warning lube before being bent over by Dana

Bad matchmaking

And people said I was a clown for suggesting moreno or royal first.

How would Moreno be in the conversation for a title shot right now?

Capture.JPG

Also Royval lost to Pantoja back in December, way too soon to match those two up again.

Should’ve brought Askarov back and offered him the title shot.

Everyone would be game. Pantoja probably wants to avenge that L.

Askarov's last fight in the UFC was him taking a loss, on top of that he's a nightmare for the UFC to try to market lol. No chance in hell that would ever happen.

Is this the main-event?

HAH that would be hilarious

I bet Dana thought "Spanish and Portuguese are similar enough. We'll have Pantoja defend his belt in Brazil against someone nobody really knows"
Are you somehow under the impression that Pantoja is Spanish? Dude is Brazilian

Fuckin bizarre. My take on this is UFC doesn't see Pantoja as marketable and wants that clingy Aussie fanbase now that Volks done. Or they're trying to just do a showcase fight for Pantoja in Brazil and an easy win. Either way that shit is wild to get a title shot over a win over Danger Mouse

Look at all this hysterical white knighting over a pathetic performance from Mokaev vs a shot fighter.

The guy has done absolutely nothing to deserve a title shot so it is completely irrelevant if someone else who doesn't deserve it gets it instead.

Should’ve brought Askarov back and offered him the title shot.

Everyone would be game. Pantoja probably wants to avenge that L.
Askarov's last fight in the UFC was him taking a loss, on top of that he's a nightmare for the UFC to try to market lol. No chance in hell that would ever happen.

And on top of that, Askarov is the one who asked to be released from the UFC and he said he was going to retire. He also has weight issues. The UFC aren't going to try to get someone back who asked to leave lol.

Undeserved title shots seem to well outnumber deserved ones these days.

Back