• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Alex 'Poatan' Pereira draws dark magical powers from Spirits and Jaguars

AldoStillGoat

Yellow Card
Yellow Card
Reaction score
I literally just spent two hours of my day researching the Pataxó tribe from which Alex Pereira descends. I wanted to know more about Jiri's claims about his use of black magic and if they hold up to scrutiny. Skip to the bottom if you want a TLDR. The sources are at the bottom for your reference. There is very little information about their tribe so I did what I could with the sources available to piece together the story.

Pereira belongs to a tribe called the Pataxó. This tribe believes in using Shamanism to invoke spirits to help their people. Even Pereira admitted this week that everybody has their own spirits and that we are not only made of flesh and bones. The Pataxó believe in the immortality of the soul and that once free of the body, souls wander through the forest listening to the conversations of the living, observing their activity. These dead spirits can also be called upon and answer prayers and can cause storms. The Toré is their most relevant ritual where they dance in a circle and summon these spirits while drinking cauim (alcohol) and the spirits reveal themselves. In the videos below, you can see Pereira participating in the ritual. The youtube video is especially informational, check it out.

From one of the articles linked below:

In the past the Kamakã (a group which is a part of the Pataxo) observed the custom of cremating the dead shamans to prevent them from returning in jaguar form to destroy them one by one. When Douville visited, though, they were content with making a fire on the tomb after burying them. Métraux observes that it is probably this particular case to which Douville refers when he states that “they transport the sick deep into the forest where they are left until they are dead, when they are then cremated and their ashes deposited in large urns”.

Later in the article it continues...

Those who had been treated badly while alive returned in jaguar form to bring affliction to the living; this explained why they left a small amount of cauim (alcohol) next to the corpse in a gourd or pot, as well as bows and arrows – objects that were placed underneath the deceased before the grave was filled and a fire lit on top”. (socioambiental.org)

In essence, the Jaguar is highly regarded by their tribe as they believe that people who have been mistreated in their tribe or shamans who were not cremated returned as Jaguars wreaking havoc on human life.

These Pataxó women, in a form of mimicry, wear the finery of the Jaguar to incorporate its power and blend into their environment.

The color red is used by the Pataxós for war; the color black represents mourning for lost relatives and the color white, peace.

TLDR:

Jiri was right. Pereira partakes in a ritual that summons dead spirits who sometimes come in Jaguar form to terrorize living beings. Across Pereira's neck during the 303 weigh in was a Jaguar's tooth and he has a Jaguar tattoo.

This is purely conjecture: I believe that Pereira is using the Jaguar tooth to protect himself from the evil spirits he and his tribe have conjured as a form of 'blending' in or he is the Jaguar that is being sent to terrorize Jiri.

It's possible that his bow and arrow ritual while walking into the cage signals to these spirits who to attack but It's also possible that he views himself as the spirit Jaguar sent to deliver justice. I'm not sure exactly what the answer is, it would be nice if someone asked him... but it seems there is definitely some darkness surrounding Alex.

cb551-16902581872966-1920.jpg
ufc-champ-alex-pereira-takes-his-belt-to-his-tribe-in-brazil-v0-bdhxhoo9wnaa1.jpg
images
GettyImages-2148454593_resized.jpg

Screenshot-from-2024-06-28-23-53-35.png

Last edited:
It's amazing meeting people who come from that life. I knew an older fellow who was an absolutely fucking amazing person. To become a man where he was from you had to go and kill a lion by yourself and then bring it's head back. Crazy fucking story. Dude had a crazy life story that would make a great movie. Not knowing about windows, glass doors and cities, killing lions to going to Italy for art and traveling the world.

I don't see how it's any different than Bryce and Yoel with Jesus, the Dagis with Allah, izzy with his juju, jared with his crystals and even jiri with his fucking chakras. Other than spirits and jaguars sounds the most metal out of all of them.

And why is that a big deal if we're all like that? I am a Christian but I have my peculiarities, every night I humbly ask Jesus for his blessings for me and my home and that I am worthy of them, I also ask for the people I love, for my animals and the loved ones who are gone, I ask for the liberation of my soul from the cycle of reincarnation, I ask that saturn does not reign over me and I ask that no alien abducts me but if by any chance it happens that I am abducted that they respect my free will to refuse, I also ask that no Jinn manifests in my life, not even the good ones, because I wouldn't have the wisdom to understand, and last but not least that he in me through his blessings creates an insurmountable armor that protects my physical, mental and spiritual integrity from all the dirty tricks of this world. My peculiarities, I don't make the sign of the cross because it's Saturnian symbology, I refuse to be abducted by aliens or be in the presence of a Jinn and I accept Jesus as my king and savior but I don't accept everything that is culturally imposed as good and moral, and most importantly, I pray that Jesus makes me physically, mentally and spiritually strong to resist and fight and perhaps smash my enemies, like Poatan.

Well, the bible starts with a talking snake and ends with a seven headed abomination. I like our story better.

Man if you think primitivism is brutal, you should try civilization.
Jiri should summon the force of the virus blanket, or the mild cold, or siphilis.
"i bring forth the power of the alcohol bottle"

This is part two of my earlier thread ( https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/alex-poatan-pereira-draws-dark-magical-powers-from-spirits-and-jaguars.4333847/ ) investigating Alex Pereira's dark magic roots. I was thinking about the word Chama and how it sounds so simliar to Shaman... so I googled the meaning of Chama and checked different websites and....

https://www.seslisozluk.net/en/what-is-the-meaning-of-xamã/

Chama (Xamã) means Shaman in Portuguese. Another interpretation is 'flame'.

and the pronunciation for those who don't believe it's the same word he is saying:

This guy had the entire world chanting Shaman... no wonder he has otherworldly knock out power. We've been literally leveling his spirits up. Jiri was right along. How deep does the demonism go?

flame_legion_shaman_by_celeun_d9txuf9-fullview.jpg
Dark+Shaman

Last edited:
All this beating around the bush bores me just sign my contract.

Back