• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

News Alex Pereira signs new 8-fight deal with the UFC

Have these fighters learned nothing from Francis Ngannou? They sign these slave contracts with the UFC for life and hinder their opportunities to do anything meaningful outside the UFC. It reminds me of this man I saw one the street throwing peanuts at his monkeys while they danced.
Another angle can be that he's being paid well and he doesn't want a future post UFC, remember he already has a hall of fame career in kickboxing.

Helluva lotta mileage.

Who knows if he has eight fights left in him? May renegotiate if he's on a long win streak another six fights. Maybe he acts out and UFC ices him like they did Brandon Vera years ago (even though UFC has mandatory offers they publicly talk about for their healthy fighters, but not like they can't book a fight a year apart still) too much why and when and whatnot. Who knows the details and who knows what Alex is thinking about internally. Maybe he only wants to fight for UFC, because how he's treated and the opportunities they've given him. Guy was fast tracked to MW title shot, only had to win one LHW fight for shot, headlined MSG twice and now their centennial card.

Just STFU, not defending or bashing here, it's all speculative at best. If you enjoy fighting, just STFU.

This is a good signing. Alex is exciting and stays active. Plus with his KO power and his sneaky sense of humor he's easy to market.

I'm sure he's happy and excited.

20240221-162650.jpg

$30k/$30k plus unlimited Rebook coupons
This fucking made me laugh way harder than it should have.

8 fight deal? Pffft. He'll bang that off in about 18 months and just imagine all that bitcoin bonusing.

Have these fighters learned nothing from Francis Ngannou? They sign these slave contracts with the UFC for life and hinder their opportunities to do anything meaningful outside the UFC. It reminds me of this man I saw one the street throwing peanuts at his monkeys while they danced.
It's the fighters way of saying my fighting career ends in the UFC.

I wonder how many fights and at what age he decides to make a move to HW. I hope this man negotiated the biggest UFC contract ever put to paper.

Francis wasn’t a hall of fame kick-boxer almost at the end of a long fighting career and a ton of damage either. I get it but it’s a pretty different situation and we haven’t seen the financials yet.

Wonder how many times he's going to be knocked out during the course of these eight fights.

Bet he's getting paid on this one. Stepping in to be the 300 main event on somewhat short notice must have given him some good leverage to renegotiate his deal.
Jup:

Not a good idea for a 36-year-old fighter. It means he will lose like 5 fights in a row before retiring.

Anything above 4 fights is insanity. 8 fight deals are UFC's retirement handcuffs good luck going back to Glory or trying your hand at Boxing.

Sounds like he’s cashing in his chips. Given what he’s achieved in the UFC, he seems to be seeking stability with this move. Might as well put the pen to paper while being one of the biggest names in the sport and not while riding a losing streak on the wrong side of 30s

8 fights is a long deal

Maybe he knows he only wants to fight a few more times. Either that or he's just so used to shit money from kickboxing that they threw a number out there and he couldn't resist.

I don't think he will fight 8 more times tbh. But I also didn't think Anderson Silva would ever fight out his ridiculous contract and then continue to fight in boxing afterwards

He should've taken a smaller fight deal to have leverage, unless he's unsure about his potential long term future as he does have a bunch of mileage already.

Hope he's getting paid and the execs aren't being funny with the money, HE deserves it.
8 fights isn't that much for someone that's actually active. With how active Alex is he could finish his contract within 3 years if he really wanted to. 8 fights is only a lot for the guys that fight once a year.

Anything above 4 fights is insanity. 8 fight deals are UFC's retirement handcuffs good luck going back to Glory or trying your hand at Boxing.
Why would he ever want to go back to GLORY? Pretty sure he's done there for good. As for boxing, has he even expressed anything about wanting to go that route? Seems like Alex is more interested in achievement hunting in the UFC than having some kind of boxing career like Francis.

Back