Rumored Alex Pereira says he's back - imminent fight announcement?

I'd rather see Pereira vs Roundtree than Apsinall. Hopefully Hill is ready or Izzy is back.

I'd rather see Pereira vs Roundtree than Apsinall. Hopefully Hill is ready or Izzy is back.

Rountree hasn't earned a title shot by beating Anthony Smith who lost 2 of his last 3 previous fights before they fought. I get stylistically it would be a fun fight he's #8, hasn't beat anyone in the top 5, makes zero sense.

Pereira hasn't even fought long ago just won the belt and is still itching to fight.

The way he's calling people out you'd think he's coming off a Khamzat style break trying to generate hype... but this just feels like a man who wants to fight at all times.
Hes 36 and came into MMA late, he aint got time to fuck around.
Also as @theincognito pointed out, kickboxers like to stay active which is whats great about them, Izzy is the same on that front.

Pure striking I think it'll be extremely competitive with Pereira having the footwork to not get rushed but the issue is Aspinall is huge and has just blast double legged anybody that's survived his striking like UberVolkov.
Can he still blast double legged take downs after his knee injury though?

Pereira hasn't even fought long ago just won the belt and is still itching to fight.

The way he's calling people out you'd think he's coming off a Khamzat style break trying to generate hype... but this just feels like a man who wants to fight at all times.
Probably partly due to how he has a limited window. He's what, 36 now? Lhw is a division where you can be competitive into your early 40s but it isn't ideal especially for fighters who have already been there and done it.

He probably wants to accomplish all of his goals in the UFC before his body starts letting him down and his abilities start to diminish.

Especially if his goal is to get a couple of title defenses in and go for a belt in a 3rd weightlclass.

Can he still blast double legged take downs after his knee injury though?
Don't see why not. People thought the knee surgery would hinder his footwork and his bouncy in and out style and since his comeback it's looked better than ever.

He was so much lighter on his feet vs Pavlovich and Tybura than he was against say, Arlovski a few years back.

Dana said in his previous announcement video that he'd have something else after the matchmaking meeting tonight, news could be dropping pretty soon!

Funny considering that he declined rematch with Jiri which Dana offered him, because he reportedly wanted some time off... :D

That's the best thing about kickboxing crossovers - they all stay active. Meanwhile you have wrestlers like Nickal sitting out 9 months despite taking zero damage.
Naive, ignorant, or just plain dumb?

Izzy will 100% headline UFC 300.

Will it be against Pereira or Chimaev? I think it's gonna be Pereira for the LW title.

Izzy vs Chimaev will not headline 300. They're going to have a title fight headline and Izzy vs Chimaev won't go above it if they go that route.

I think the Izzy vs Pereira fight is spot on tho.

Possibly on UFC 300

Back?

I forgot him retiring or announcing a hiatus

Alex is probably one of the UFC's biggest stars right now and a third Izzy fight will be perfect for UFC 300. It's the best UFC can do. If they don't go that route Alex will be fighting Hill and Izzy will be fighting the winner of Dricus/Sean.

I don’t have social media But I can’t imagine “ ooc media “. Is breaking fight news ?

Back