Rumored Alex Pereira says he's back - imminent fight announcement?

Pereira hasn't even fought long ago just won the belt and is still itching to fight.

The way he's calling people out you'd think he's coming off a Khamzat style break trying to generate hype... but this just feels like a man who wants to fight at all times.

Gotta be Hill or the winner of Ankalaev/Walker

Would seem like it won't be the Ankalaev/Walker winner if it gets announced really soon, very possible they've aren't ready to turn back around in time assuming Pereira is going to be on UFC 300.

Also if Pereira is headlining the event I don't think Ankalaev/Walker are big enough names for that unfortunately. Much more likely if he's main eventing it's either another Adesanya rematch or the Aspinall fight.

Would seem like it won't be the Ankalaev/Walker winner if it gets announced really soon, very possible they've aren't ready to turn back around in time assuming Pereira is going to be on UFC 300.

Also if Pereira is headlining the event I don't think Ankalaev/Walker are big enough names for that unfortunately. Much more likely if he's main eventing it's either another Adesanya rematch or the Aspinall fight.
It'll be so weird if Khamzat and Adesanya both get title shots next at MW and LHW

I'm just hoping it's not Aspinall because imo Aspinall will run right through him in like a couple of minutes.

Izzy will 100% headline UFC 300.

Will it be against Pereira or Chimaev? I think it's gonna be Pereira for the LW title.

It'll be so weird if Khamzat and Adesanya both get title shots next at MW and LHW

I'm just hoping it's not Aspinall because imo Aspinall will run right through him in like a couple of minutes.
I wouldnt write him off totally there, on the ground he's probably in trouble but standing Aspinall does leave openings and a good counter than overcome size/power difference.

So many possibilities with this one haha. My ultimate prediction is that it will be pereira vs adesanya 3.

I wouldnt write him off totally there, on the ground he's probably in trouble but standing Aspinall does leave openings and a good counter than overcome size/power difference.
Pure striking I think it'll be extremely competitive with Pereira having the footwork to not get rushed but the issue is Aspinall is huge and has just blast double legged anybody that's survived his striking like UberVolkov.

Hopefully they give him a lhw that has actually won a fight in the previous year.

Pure striking I think it'll be extremely competitive with Pereira having the footwork to not get rushed but the issue is Aspinall is huge and has just blast double legged anybody that's survived his striking like UberVolkov.
Alexs takedown defence is not THAT bad I would say(better than Gane's IMHO) and Aspinall is not really a wrestling monster, I think his weakness grappling wise is more the sub game, he takes a lot of chances to try and stand back up that I suspect someone like Tom would be much more likely to punish than the guys he's fought thus far.

Back