Media Alex Pereira responds to Artem Vakhitov, saying his GLORY rival is “not like him or Adesanya”

Do you think Vakhitov can continue his rivalry with Poatan in MMA?

• Total voters
A lot of posts talking about Vakhitov's lack of power. Sure, in kickboxing he isn't demonstrating Alex-level power, but that aside I think it is a mistake to equate kickboxing power to MMA power 100% of the time. We should probably wait to see how (or if) he can adapt his game to MMA before judgements start flying.

Yeh, people are out of their mind if think Vak won't be wrecking these HWs with his striking lol.

Like, this dude is not like Roberson, Jacoby, or Saki that all came over. The dude is a different level to them. he's not even like Alex and Izzy. He's a better striker than both.

Khalil was landing burst combos down the pipe on Alex for 2 rounds and winning easily. Vak was doing that to Alex in kickboxing even better. He does that in MMA with the smaller gloves he'd KO him.

Vakhitovs style is not suited for MMA. Kick boxers who fight with that ear muff defense won't do well. There's no 12 oz gloves to hide behind in MMA..

I think whether they fight or not is going to depend on the UFC and what they would want to do with Artem granted he wins DWCS. Cause if they make Artem have to climb the rankings I can't see him getting to a TS before Alex calls it a career, but if the UFC wants this fight to happen real badly then they'll fast track him as quickly as possible.

for many reasons, i dont think he's gonna get the same push that periera did.

- joe rogan rarely mentions him
- poatan is loved by everyone, alot of people hated izzy and wanted poatan to be pushed
- no scary leg kicks / left hook
- no tribal ancestry and shaman magic
- looks like a regular dude

izzy carried alot of the promo for poatan fights because he's good on the mic. artem can't speak english. its going to be impossible to have a presser going brazlian > english > russian *artem responds* russian > english > brazilian.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sechelariu
Back