Alex Ovechkin’s Knockout Was So Impressive the UFC Commented on It

Ovechkin is A-Level

• Total voters
I did watch the game. the content of which you write is most subjective. regardless of Svechnikov possibly initiating with Ovechkin, Ovechkin is aware of the codes and unwritten rules.

hahaha, that's hilarious about Ovechkin. He might play well when he does the hitting, but if someone were to lay him out and/or punch his face in, yeah, he might not play well.
There is no code buddy. If anything the code is the rookies don't go after the vets. Rookies get beat up so the time in the NHL

And yeah you clearly don't watch much hockey. Ove gets fucking pumped up when people try hitting him and plays better. He has never given a fuck of someone hits him. Hell most of the time it ends up with him running then over. The guy is a tank.

Yzerman-Goal-Optimized03.gif
Oh you mean back when goalies had no idea what they were doing and used pads 10 times smaller? youre right

What? He's a legend for doing the exact opposite. His career was cut short because he was relentless. He refused to lose. He refused to go down. He's not in the HOF because of his career stats (249 goals for 885 points in 708 games), but because of the way he played. The fact that you say that when the first video shows the exact opposite tells me you know nothing. And the worst of the know-nothings. That is, somebody who insist on expressing opinions anyway.

Chill, dude. He was nicknamed Floppa for a reason, and I wasn't the one who created it--he has been known to dive.
Not arguing his abilities or stats.

Not wanting to come across as ignorant, but why does hockey persist in entertaining a violence-based culture? In no way does that help the perspective of the sport, it comes across as amateurish and discreditable.

My mind is blown reading this on an mma forum

I know this is intended at satirical, but it's somewhat nonsensical considering MMA is defined as combat sports, whereas hockey is not.

It’s not hard to comprehend. One is defined as full-contact combat sport, the other is not.

They both have a long history of being contact sports that also involve fighting. Random hockey players dont get into fights. You have to challenge the other guy and he has to agree.

The kid wasn't in his face asking for an autograph. Ovi invoked the ancient code of "don't start none, won't be none". That's old time hockey and it's always badass to see a superstar taking care of business himself.

Chill, dude. He was nicknamed Floppa for a reason, and I wasn't the one who created it--he has been known to dive.
Not arguing his abilities or stats.
Just stop it. It's Foppa. A nickname he got in Sweden. He played in the low-scoring clutch and grab era of the NHL when defensemen got away with murder.

I think Khabib and Ovechkin are good friends and have trained together. With a few months of training, Ovi could probably beat up some of these bum HWs lol. aleksandrovechkinofficial_BgKYI-UhDxM.jpg

Just stop it. It's Foppa. A nickname he got in Sweden. He played in the low-scoring clutch and grab era of the NHL when defensemen got away with murder.

I know his "official" nickname was Foppa. Floppa was a play off his nickname that was used to mock some of his plays.

For example:

https://www.hockeywilderness.com/2011/2/14/1993135/sir-flops-a-lot-to-stop-flopping

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/colorado-ousts-vancouver/article25437669/

https://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/the-most-notorious-divers-ever.637849/

https://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/best-divers-in-nhl-history.156045/

https://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/forsbergs-foot-diving-incidents.1566175/

Last edited:
The kid wasn't in his face asking for an autograph. Ovi invoked the ancient code of "don't start none, won't be none". That's old time hockey and it's always badass to see a superstar taking care of business himself.
That's why I love hockey. I hate the cowardly "Don't hate the playa, hate the game." You hit somebody because you want to hit him. To paraphrase Don Cherry (from his autobiography), when you hit somebody, don't just skate away as if nothing. Turn around and look the other guy in the eyes, as to say, "Yeah, I did that to you. What are you going to do about it?" If the other guy hits back, you have a hockey game. If not, great.

It doesn’t.. they’ve been phasing fighting out of the game for the past few years if you actually paid attention. Along with hits to the head

Well... I own a penis and happen to find hockey fights entertaining :D Seriously though...

There's actually an argument to be made for the game being safer with fighting. like another poster said they have been phasing it out since around the late 90's/early 2000's, but as long as there is hitting allowed there you are taking away the consequences for when the bigger goons go after the star finesse players.

For example Sidney Crosby has had multiple concussions and missed over 40 games in a couple different seasons because there is nobody on his team who was enforcing other players not to hit like that. Back in the day if somebody hit Gretsky or Yzerman like that there would have been hell to pay.

nah. in hockey, there is an unwritten rule among the players to not go after the young, green players. and, that's exactly what Ovechkin did. someone should go return the favor to him.
<{cruzshake}>

You wanna take on the lion then accept that it is going to not end well if you're unprepared.

"First of all I hope he's OK," Ovechkin said. "You're right: I'm not a big fighter ... He asked me to fight, I said, 'Let's go, yeah.' So, I hope he's OK. You don't want to see a guy get hurt or something."

https://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nh...lina-washington-ovechkin-svechnikov-1.5099459

He wanted some of that Sauce and could not handle it when it was too damn hot.

{<RR}:meow:

I know his "official" nickname was Foppa. Floppa was a play off his nickname that was used to mock some of his plays.

For example: https://www.hockeywilderness.com/2011/2/14/1993135/sir-flops-a-lot-to-stop-flopping
You link to an idiot website? Yes, his Nashville stint wasn't glorious. He came back because he didn't know when to quit. He had his heel sawed off by the doctors in an attempt to fix his foot. It didn't work, so they sawed it off again. That didn't work either. it was also in Nashville he realized he didn't have it in him any more. He was afraid to go into the corners. You can't play when you're afraid. He was finished.

You link to an idiot website? Yes, his Nashville stint wasn't glorious. He came back because he didn't know when to quit. He had his heel sawed off by the doctors in an attempt to fix his foot. It didn't work, so they sawed it off again. That didn't work either. it was also in Nashville he realized he didn't have it in him any more. He was afraid to go into the corners. You can't play when you're afraid. He was finished.
You come off as a pompous douche, spewing shit about others opinions as inferior to your subjective opinion.

There is stuff about Forsberg diving all over the internet, not sure what else to say. I'm well aware of his nickname being Foppa, yet you not having a clue what Floppa was might signal that you're the one that doesn't know shit on this topic.

this is what Dana means when he says he's going to unveil the future of fighting...

UFC ON ICE

Back