Alex Ovechkin’s Knockout Was So Impressive the UFC Commented on It

Ovechkin is A-Level

• Total voters
Imagine getting beat up by (probsbly) your idol, being KO’ed limp in a playoff game. Tough one. It’ll also make for some awkward locker room interactions when the guy that decked you is sitting across from your stall when you’re both representing your country.

It was a shame to see and I feel for Svechnikov but he asked for it. Still, he’s a good young player and shouldn’t be going looking for a fight.

Some of you never played hockey and it shows. Fighting has been a part of hockey since day 1 and it always will be. Enforcers are phased out now so at least there’s only guys who can play skating out there.

Ovi is a scoring machine I give him that...but that's all he is...I'd still put a few guys ahead of him...

I think he proved that he’s much more than a goal scorer last year in the playoffs.

Not wanting to come across as ignorant, but why does hockey persist in entertaining a violence-based culture? In no way does that help the perspective of the sport, it comes across as amateurish and discreditable.
You might enjoy wmma

I think he proved that he’s much more than a goal scorer last year in the playoffs.
He is a goal scoring robot. He is so focused on shooting and scoring that he doesn't have time for much else.

No one is going to deny that he is a great goal scorer but he is not the greatest complete player.

Everyone crying about Ovi ko'ing that guy.

He was given the chance to walk away and decided he wanted to go with Ovie and got fucked up.

If you poke a lion dont bitch when it decides to tear you up.

Beautiful
And young lad stepping up is to respect
True Slavic spirit by both

Regardless of who’s technically the greatest ever, hockey is pretty fuckin gangster. Imagine Steph Curry had to grab collars and have a Don Frye fight with Patrick Beverly in their playoff series, just to keep his respect.

Although, this mary of an announcer disagrees...

Last edited:
Wait...... Is fighting actually an unofficially sanctioned thing in hockey? Like to the point where they sit and watch until someone goes down and actually keep track of who these guys fight and KO's and everything like they are supposed to be professional fighters?

Wait...... Is fighting actually an unofficially sanctioned thing in hockey? Like to the point where they sit and watch until someone goes down and actually keep track of who these guys fight and KO's and everything like they are supposed to be professional fighters?
Yes. “The fact of the matter is fighting has been a part of the game. It does act as a thermostat in the game – this is a very physical, fast-moving, emotional, edgy game.” - NHL commissioner Gary Bettman

This one is pretty fun

I was suprised that Ovie went all In for that fight against fellow Russian.

Ovi is a scoring machine I give him that...but that's all he is...I'd still put a few guys ahead of him...
Well, hes not the best player overall for sure (imo). But during last years his game improved and became more team-oriented.

Yeah and that's why I can't stand that pussy basketball shit where a guy cries about getting his finger grazed

For my money Ovi is the greatest goal scorer of all time, and I've been a Blues fan for 30 years and watched Brett Hull score. A lot.

100%. I wouldn't be surprised to see Ovi overtake Gretzky's total some day.

237 goals to go. If Ovi can play for 7 more seasons and average 34 goals per, that'll put him over the record. And I don't think that's so far fetched, if we consider he's still a threat to put up 40-50 per season for at least the next couple of years.

Back