Aldo vs Edgar is the best LW vs the best FW in the world

Yeah, i think Edgar beats any LW on any given day and definitely takes a rematch :)

Honestly, this fight for me determines the #1 P4P guy in the world skill wise

Would you agree with that statement?

Ben Henderson was gifted a decision in his rematch with Frankie Edgar - I personally think that and most MMA fans and pundits agreed that the decision was a robbery.

http://www.******.co.uk/2012/08/11/...nderson-retains-his-title-in-denver-colorado/
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/8/12/3237467/ufc-150-results-im-glad-frankie-edgar-got-robbed
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/8/1...ults-why-im-not-glad-frankie-edgar-got-robbed
http://www.mmatorch.com/artman2/publish/UFC_2/article_14103.shtml
http://www.fightline.com/fl/news/2012/0811/549896/ufc-150-henderson-vs-edgar-ii/

If you agree that Edgar should have beat Ben Henderson the second time around, doesn't that mean that this is a superfight between two champs? Two p4p top fighters?

Can't wait for this Superfight!

wow you got some article links from the internet.. then it must be true. everyone has an opinion on a fight.. there would be people that believe JDS should have beat Cain on the weekend.

that being said, Henderson beat Edgar TWICE! and don't talk about being gifted a decision - Edgar was lucky to draw against Maynard in their first fight.. what goes around, comes around... and Bendo is 2-0 against Edgar. can't argue with that

and Aldo will finish Edgar so no more excuses for Frankie

Edgar is the king of doing just enough dancing to get the decision. It was bound to happen to him, get over it.

Sure.. but Aldo is the LW and Frankie the FW -- Frankie will be noticeably smaller on fight night.

Sure.. but Aldo is the LW and Frankie the FW -- Frankie will be noticeably smaller on fight night.

why do people keep saying this? fighters in same weight classes are always mismatched on fight night.
they have the choice to fight at any division they want. by not cutting weight, Frankie generally has the advantage of better stamina. if he is sick of being the smaller fighter he would go down to Bantam - but he likes to not have to cut weight

Bendo's victory was NOT robbery. Edgar didn't do shit in that fight and got upkicked in the face and practically knocked out.

Huh? Talking 2nd fight were edgar dropped Bendo with a right hand counter but somehow lost that rd on one judges scorecard.

wow you got some article links from the internet.. then it must be true. everyone has an opinion on a fight.. there would be people that believe JDS should have beat Cain on the weekend.

that being said, Henderson beat Edgar TWICE! and don't talk about being gifted a decision - Edgar was lucky to draw against Maynard in their first fight.. what goes around, comes around... and Bendo is 2-0 against Edgar. can't argue with that

and Aldo will finish Edgar so no more excuses for Frankie

Lucky to draw or more like a heart bigger than your entire families to make it a draw. You can't argue that Ben is 2-0 against edgar, but you actually can considering every fighter cage side, every mma media outlet, & pretty much everyone that watched the fight with two eyes (besides two judges) gave edgar the nod...& I'm no conspiracy theorist, but the ufc stats were way off in favor of Bendo in that night.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...s-the-ufc-should-stop-airing-fight-statistics

You can do more of the research on your own.

How can u still wrongfully complain that Edgar won the 2nd fight when he didn't land shit. I watched that fight after seeing the responses on Sherdog so I expected to see Edgar get robbed, but instead saw the right fighter get his hand raised.

Edgar lost the first fight handily and did not really deserve a rematch
But in the rematch the fight was close i thought edgar won but it was not a robbery
Cant wait to see aldo vs edgar though

Damn straight. This is the biggest fight in the UFC for a long time.

Would you agree with that statement?

Ben Henderson was gifted a decision in his rematch with Frankie Edgar - I personally think that and most MMA fans and pundits agreed that the decision was a robbery.

If you think you should be able to take the title by landing one more jab in 3 rounds you're crazy. Fightmetric scored the fight a draw for good reason -- 3 of the rounds were basically even which is why you have scores that legitimately ranged from 49-46 Henderson to 49-46 Edgar.

And even if Edgar had been a bit more decisive against Bendo, we could just as easily say that Edgar was "gifted" the first fight against BJ and the first one against Gray Maynard. Yes he beat both fighters the second time but a true counterfactual would have seen him never win the title in the first place.

There's no question who the best LW is right now, it's Henderson and he'd undoubtedly be the favorite against anyone in the world at 155.

Bendo disagrees. And Aldo is going to pummel Edgar.

It's a good fight. But it is a FW fighting a FW. If it was at a catch weight you could say LW vs. FW.

As much as I think Edgar will surprise anyone by beating Aldo, I really hope that this fight is super close and a rematch happens. I want to see Sherdog hate train running at full force.

I still consider Edgar a champ at LW. He is 1-1 with Benson. That makes the fight with Aldo that much more historic and huge for the sport.

Also, I do think the fight time a fighter holds two belts, it will be done at a lighter weight class like LW and FW. There is only a 10lb difference there so it's much more likely.

"He is 1-1 with Benson".
Than Penn won the first fight, Maynard is 2-1 over Frankie, etc.
See how that works?

No, you're just a bit simple. You can have a fairly close fight, where you clearly won, and yet wasn't a blowout, dicktop.

Give it up, man.
We're attempting to deal in reality, not fanboy wishful thinking. Edgar lost.
If Ben/Edgar 3 were to occur and went down exactly as their last, Ben would win again.
Don't you get it?
Frankie's "style" is no longer Judged favorably. He will need a more "Effective" look in order to win another close decision.

Huh? Talking 2nd fight were edgar dropped Bendo with a right hand counter but somehow lost that rd on one judges scorecard.
Penn/Edgar 1: Edgar a 50-45 on a Judges Card.
Maynard/Edgar 2 R1 a 10-8
See how that works, einstein?

Back