Aldo vs Edgar is the best LW vs the best FW in the world

Would you agree with that statement?

Ben Henderson was gifted a decision in his rematch with Frankie Edgar - I personally think that and most MMA fans and pundits agreed that the decision was a robbery.

http://www.******.co.uk/2012/08/11/...nderson-retains-his-title-in-denver-colorado/

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/8/12/3237467/ufc-150-results-im-glad-frankie-edgar-got-robbed

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/8/1...ults-why-im-not-glad-frankie-edgar-got-robbed

http://www.mmatorch.com/artman2/publish/UFC_2/article_14103.shtml

http://www.fightline.com/fl/news/2012/0811/549896/ufc-150-henderson-vs-edgar-ii/

If you agree that Edgar should have beat Ben Henderson the second time around, doesn't that mean that this is a superfight between two champs? Two p4p top fighters?

Frankie-Edgar-UFC-125-press.jpg

GYI0064479035.jpg

Can't wait for this Superfight!

henderson clearly beat him in the 1st fight - if you want to claim he lost the 2nd and edgar was robbed than at the very least a de facto rubber match between them would be needed to settle the matter - to say edgar is clearly better based on that 2nd fight is ridiculous - and edgar has been the recipient of more than his fair share of "gift decisions"

First fight, Henderson won, clearly. Second fight should've been a draw or at least a narrow victory for Edgar. You do the math.

henderson clearly beat him in the 1st fight - if you want to claim he lost the 2nd and edgar was robbed than at the very least a de facto rubber match between them would be needed to settle the matter - and edgar has been the recipient of more than his fair share of "gift decisions"

I'm more or less reiterating the "claim" that he was robbed in the 2nd fight. Not just claiming it myself. I'd agree a 3rd fight is warranted but I don't see it going too much differently.

Has Edgar been the recipient of his fair share of "gift decisions"? I would disagree with you on that point. Close one against Penn, a draw against Maynard, and he's gotten more than his fair share?

I don't know if you saw the Penn/Edgar fight or Maynard/Edgar 2, but they were nothing close to this level of robbery. A heist is what Bendo/Edgar was.

Bendo's victory was NOT robbery. Edgar didn't do shit in that fight and got upkicked in the face and practically knocked out.

You're totally not a troll, looks at AV, go fuck yourself.

Why does edger get so much love and when did he develope "shogun level" dillusional fans?

He lost the first fight clearly. Second could have gone either way so put your robbery comments back in the bag whiners.

He's a better than average fighter that's for sure, but are people SERIOUSLY saying he's on Aldo's level? I'm assuming anyone who says yes is a bored guido on a break from GTL'n

I tend to agree with the premise, but I would say Edgar is the Co-Best LW along with Bendo right now, both of their fights where razor close and I can't really say one is better than the other. For all we know, Aldo or Edgar are the best LW and best FW in the world.

Why does edger get so much love and when did he develope "shogun level" dillusional fans?

He lost the first fight clearly. Second could have gone either way so put your robbery comments back in the bag whiners.

He's a better than average fighter that's for sure, but are people SERIOUSLY saying he's on Aldo's level? I'm assuming anyone who says yes is a bored guido on a break from GTL'n

If Frankie beats Aldo people like you will still complain. I live in Hawaii and I know BJ Penn, and I'm still not this delusional about Edgar.

Ben won 3 rds to 2 in the second fight. Really goes to show you how deceptive Edgar's style is to both judges and fans alike

I'm more or less reiterating the "claim" that he was robbed in the 2nd fight. Not just claiming it myself. I'd agree a 3rd fight is warranted but I don't see it going too much differently.

Has Edgar been the recipient of his fair share of "gift decisions"? I would disagree with you on that point. Close one against Penn, a draw against Maynard, and he's gotten more than his fair share?

I don't know if you saw the Penn/Edgar fight or Maynard/Edgar 2, but they were nothing close to this level of robbery. A heist is what Bendo/Edgar was.

You are clearly just a delusional edgar fan if you think edgar bendo II was a robbery but penn edgar I was a coin flip.

You'll defend any fighter who's black, so you're not a valid source of opinion. Does your wife enjoy her bull more than you, you cuckold ?

Anyway, this fight is actually the best LW in the world (Frankie) vs. a mediocre LW who had to drop down in weight class/competition to be recognized (Aldo)

Without ever meeting you I think I may hate you as a person

Edgar has never been 10-8'd by a Mark Hominick-esque fighter or tapped by a can in his career.

It's Aldo who needs to prove he's on Edgar's level in this fight.

hmm why does the former lw champ who has dominant wins over BJ Penn, Gray Maynard, Sean Sherk and who probably should of beat Bendo in their 2nd fight, get so much love?

You seem to be more delusional about his abilities than his biggest fans.

I tend to agree with the premise, but I would say Edgar is the Co-Best LW along with Bendo right now, both of their fights where razor close and I can't really say one is better than the other. For all we know, Aldo or Edgar are the best LW and best FW in the world.

I agree with this.

I believe Frankie clearly won the second fight. Bendo looked amazing in his last fight and I see no one threatening his throne as of now. Would love to see Pettis dethrone him again though, but I suspect some GSP style top control if they fight again.

Edgar has high level striking, durability, gastank, wrestling, bottom game etc..

And though his strength and power is underwhelming, that's because he is outweighed by just about everyone.

Ben won 3 rds to 2 in the second fight. Really goes to show you how deceptive Edgar's style is to both judges and fans alike

what :eek:

Empty statement when most people disagree, explain why you think Bendo one at the very least.

If Frankie beats Aldo people like you will still complain. I live in Hawaii and I know BJ Penn, and I'm still not this delusional about Edgar.

He beat Maynard once. He went to a decision 2 times with Penn and 2 times with Henderson he wants the belt, get a non-decision win, or actually dominate a fight. What kind of champ fights to a draw anyway like Edgar-Maynard 2? Not delusional at all. Aldo's a beast and will destroy Edgar.

He beat Maynard once. He went to a decision 2 times with Penn and 2 times with Henderson he wants the belt, get a non-decision win, or actually dominate a fight. What kind of champ fights to a draw anyway like Edgar-Maynard 2? Not delusional at all. Aldo's a beast and will destroy Edgar.

I disagree, but you're not an asshole and I can appreciate that.

I'm personally looking forward to the fight.

Back