Aldo vs Edgar is the best LW vs the best FW in the world

Edgar has high level striking, durability, gastank, wrestling, bottom game etc..

And though his strength and power is underwhelming, that's because he is outweighed by just about everyone.

He has amazing recovery. If he stands with Aldo though he's done. My prediction is he eats a knee trying to take down a superior striker and its lights out. If it goes to a decision somehow. It's most likely a W for Edgar. But I don't think that's gonna happen.

what :eek:

Empty statement when most people disagree, explain why you think Bendo one at the very least.

How bendo one?

I think he 1 rounds won, three, and five.

You are clearly just a delusional edgar fan if you think edgar bendo II was a robbery but penn edgar I was a coin flip.

I'd have to call you either a delusional Penn fan, an Edgar hater, or just crazy if you think Edgar/Bendo 2 is on par with Penn/Edgar 1.

Penn couldn't even touch Edgar in the first fight. He did no damage whatsoever and was clearly outworked.

I'm more or less reiterating the "claim" that he was robbed in the 2nd fight. I'd agree a 3rd fight is warrented but I don't see it going too much differently.

Has Edgar been the recipient of his fair share of "gift decisions"? I would disagree with you on that point. Close one against Penn, a draw against Maynard, and he's gotten more than his fair share?

I don't know if you saw the Penn/Edgar fight or Maynard/Edgar 2, but they were nothing close to this level of robbery. A heist is what Bendo/Edgar was.

"gift decision" was in quotes - henderson/edgar 2 was a razor close affair that went against him - edgar got lucky in his other razor close fights and got the nod or at least kept his belt

none of the above were robberies - robberies are fights that aren't even close but somehow go the other way - bisping/hamill was a robbery - machida/shogun 1 was a robbery - henderson/edgar 2 was not

you're clearly a fan and have a skewed perspective (EDIT: and that's ok) - for someone to claim robbery regarding henderson/edgar 2 but say penn/edgar 1 was a square and proper decision does not jell with logic

neither does saying that henderson/edgar 3 would look just like 2 when there is absolutely no evidence to support that claim - in fact, all the evidence goes against it - edgar never steamrolled anyone at 155 - he spent his career there getting in brutal, tight wars and absorbing tons of damage in the process, getting his chin severely checked over and over - you can't keep that up and not go down sooner rather than later - that 2nd fight was as good as he was ever going to do against henderson - it's hard to repeat that kind of gutsy performance against a guy you simply don't have the power or strength to hurt even a little on the feet or hold down on the mat - every time edgar hit henderson it never even registered - every time henderson hit him you could see the pain on edgar's face and watch him visibly back up

personally i like both fighters (Henderson/edgar) but am not a fan of either - 145 was the smart move for edgar - he was on a 1 way street to a god awful knock out at 155

^ uhm Edgar rocked Bendo. How can you argue not one of his shots even registered? he also smashed and finished Maynard. Another guy who has shown a solid chin.

Weird how Edgar has never been Ko'd yet you feel he's going to start getting ko'd left and right without literally any evidence but you feel it would be impossible for Edgar to beat Bendo in a third fight after he had two very close fights with Edgar.

Edgar has never been 10-8'd by a Mark Hominick-esque fighter or tapped by a can in his career.

It's Aldo who needs to prove he's on Edgar's level in this fight.

You got a point in what you're trying to say? Anderson was tapped by a can and 10-8'ed by Sonnen but is any former LHW champ gonna drop down and beat him?

How bendo one?

I think he 1 rounds won, three, and five.

Fair enough and thank-you for your input sir. I'm going back to the mayberry people get a little too heated in here. I'm find myself getting pissed off in here, its strange how we become so emotionally invested in peoples lives we don't know.

Bendo is the best LW. Doesn't really matter what you or pundits think.

Bendo fought Frankie twice, and beat him twice, therefore, Bendo is the #1 LW in the world.

I agree, Frankie definitely won the second fight. 5th round sealed it for me.

Bendo is the best LW. Doesn't really matter what you or pundits think.

Bendo fought Frankie twice, and beat him twice, therefore, Bendo is the #1 LW in the world.

Look someone else not from New Jersey is in here. Thank you for an actual common sense post!

I wouldn't agree with the statement that Edgar got robbed in the 2nd fight with Benson. I wouldn't have complained if he'd gotten the nod since it was so close, but it was a long ways from a robbery.

Robbery would be more like Hammil vs. Bisping or Paquiao vs. Bradley.

Close decisions shouldn't go to the challenger IMO. Edgar shouldn't have got the nod against Penn in their first fight, Neither should Griffin against Rampage...and Edgar/Bendo I....idk if it was as close as the above fights. But there second fight was about as close as it could get IMO. Its weird b/c like i said i think the challenger should have to clearly win 3 out of 5 rounds at least to take the belt but the their first fight Bendo might have done enough. I know the judges thought so but Its bad when a fighter takes a belt from a champion by arguably eeking by or edging him out.

^ uhm Edgar rocked Bendo. How can you argue not one of his shots even registered? he also smashed and finished Maynard. Another guy who has shown a solid chin.

Weird how Edgar has never been Ko'd yet you feel he's going to start getting ko'd left and right without literally any evidence but you feel it would be impossible for Edgar to beat Bendo in a third fight after he had two very close fights with Edgar.

lol, this. Round two happened, it really did. Bendo won the first round and then proceeded to lose the fight, cleanly, and he got rocked in rnd 2. Edgar shouldn't have tried for the sub he should have kept punching, but Bendo did nothing comparably significant in terms of coming close to finishing that fight.

Close decisions shouldn't go to the challenger IMO. Edgar shouldn't have got the nod against Penn in their first fight, Neither should Griffin against Rampage...and Edgar/Bendo I....idk if it was as close as the above fights. But there second fight was about as close as it could get IMO. Its weird b/c like i said i think the challenger should have to clearly win 3 out of 5 rounds at least to take the belt but the their first fight Bendo might have done enough. I know the judges thought so but Its bad when a fighter takes a belt from a champion by arguably eeking by or edging him out.

That is complete fucking crap. If you get beat you're beat, doesn't matter if your the champ or not. You can't say "well he should have lost but we'll give to him cause he's the champ" - that is NOT a way to fix MMA judging or even fairly score a contest.
If you lose, you should lose, doesn't matter if you hold the belt.

lol, this. Round two happened, it really did. Bendo won the first round and then proceeded to lose the fight, cleanly, and he got rocked in rnd 2. Edgar shouldn't have tried for the sub he should have kept punching, but Bendo did nothing comparably significant in terms of coming close to finishing that fight.

That is complete fucking crap. If you get beat you're beat, doesn't matter if your the champ or not. You can't say "well he should have lost but we'll give to him cause he's the champ" - that is NOT a way to fix MMA judging or even fairly score a contest.
If you lose, you should lose, doesn't matter if you hold the belt.

And Edgar lost...

don't remember him ever rocking bendo - don't seem to remember saying anything about him not finishing maynard (although if you care to look at edgar's finishing rate at 155 you'll find that fight was an anomaly) - i did say that he absorbed tons of damage in his fights at 155 getting his chin checked badly and getting into protracted, brutal wars over and over - not sure how you could watch those maynard fights and not agree

edgar is one of those guys with a so-so chin but great sea legs - meaning he gets hurt, even very badly, but recovers - easy to hurt but hard to finish - the problem with that style is that it doesn't last - pre-concussive blows, especially those that border on concussion have a cumulative effect over time - after awhile, that fighter who seems to recover well suddenly doesn't and then it seems like they get ko'd or at least grounded by a slight breeze - w. silva is a great case in point - jardine and griffen as well -

for edgar this process was on the fast track since he was insisting on fighting in a weight class 2 above the one he should be in (he's a 135'er in reality, even at 145 he'll be small) - don't take this the wrong way - it's a testament to his guts and his heart that he could just keep chugging no matter what but that doesn't last - he's only human and the human body can only take so much - constantly fighting guys who have 25+ lbs on you over and over is a recipe for impending disaster - it's as simple as that

I am a Frankie Hater because he beat my favorite fighter twice. but........
He beat Bendo in the second fight. I think he won both

Bendo's victory was NOT robbery. Edgar didn't do shit in that fight and got upkicked in the face and practically knocked out.

Frankie landed more shots I think. Benson landed more power shots. 1 up kick doesn't win you a fight.

His second fight I think most people would agree Edgar won.

Edgar's not the best LW in the world. Bendo is.

Aldo's not the best FW in the world. Edgar is.

lol at Aldo being a mediocre lw who had to drop down. When he's fought pretty much his entire career at fw.

It's even funnier that you are a Cruz nuthugger and are using that argument.

By his logic Cruz should fight at 155 lol

Frankie landed more shots I think. Benson landed more power shots. 1 up kick doesn't win you a fight.

His second fight I think most people would agree Edgar won.

Bendo very blatantly won the first fight.

Second fight I'll give you, although it was a much closer fight than the first one.

Back