Aldo on McGregor fight: "It's gonna be over asap so that no one suffers"

You're correct about the stance , it will be difficult for him to come forward without exposing that leg.
Conor has good movement however I expect Aldo to be patient and selective while not leaving himself easily exposed to counter strikes.

if Conor presses forward like he does every fight, then it will be difficult for Aldo to throw his kicks. that's how guys like pettis and cerrone get neutralized. constantly getting backed up against the cage means you can't use your kicking game.

rda did it to pettis, gilbert tried as well but he got hit with a counter punch. diaz did it to cerrone as well.

seriously Conor is one of the best at backing his opponents against the cage. Aldo is going to have to rely more on his hands than his feet.

i don't think we've seen anyone put that kind of pressure on Aldo before. everyone fought him too scared.

Certainly not, I just think he may use them to keep Conor off Balance, and negate the reach advantage ( to some degree )
Really the strength of Aldo is his diversity.
He certainly wants to keep Conor from building up any inertia.

You said "Conor's stance will play right into Jose's strengths". But one of Aldo's best weapons is his leg kick and against southpaws he doesn

if Conor presses forward like he does every fight, then it will be difficult for Aldo to throw his kicks. that's how guys like pettis and cerrone get neutralized. constantly getting backed up against the cage means you can't use your kicking game.

rda did it to pettis, gilbert tried as well but he got hit with a counter punch. diaz did it to cerrone as well.

seriously Conor is one of the best at backing his opponents against the cage. Aldo is going to have to rely more on his hands than his feet.

i don't think we've seen anyone put that kind of pressure on Aldo before. everyone fought him too scared.

I don't see Conor imposing his will on Aldo as he has some other fighters.

Aldo can punish Conor every time he springs in.
Aldo is too skilled to simply be backed into a corner, especially by a fighter who leads with his chin.

If this fight lasts it will be a war of attrition.

However if Conor can walk down Aldo the way Nate did to Cowboy I will declare Conor the G.O.A.T.

Aldo is so badass. Just unbelievable skill and ability.

Just hope Conor is humble after the loss so he can retain some of that respect he's earned..

Certainly not, I just think he may use them to keep Conor off Balance, and negate the reach advantage ( to some degree )
Really the strength of Aldo is his diversity.
He certainly wants to keep Conor from building up any inertia.

Fair point. But what does Aldo do if the leg kicks don't work? Just from what we know of Aldo in the past it's his go to way of keeping fighters back and then rushing in with his punching combos. After that you'd expect take downs.

That's why I don't think Conor saying Aldo having a basic style of fighting was in any way disrespectful. It's worked so far, but that's why I mention Aldo not facing a striker like Conor. Especially if Aldo doesn't go for any take downs.

Hopefully this fight happens this time and Aldo wins to shut up McGregor.

His trash talk is good, but it's too much. Aldo should go back to being the quiet killer champ that he is and not get too involved with Conor.

He's probably forced into these interviews and finally with Conor the media actually gives a shit about aldo.

Planning on getting that nap early Jose.

God for him.. He will need his rest..

Fair point. But what does Aldo do if the leg kicks don't work? Just from what we know of Aldo in the past it's his go to way of keeping fighters back and then rushing in with his punching combos. After that you'd expect take downs.

That's why I don't think Conor saying Aldo having a basic style of fighting was in any way disrespectful. It's worked so far, but that's why I mention Aldo not facing a striker like Conor. Especially if Aldo doesn't go for any take downs.

I don't expect Aldo to be drawn into a brawl.
I think if things do not go his way he will buckle down and resort to countering while biding his time for the takedown.

So that may be simple but I do not believe that Conor has a more dynamic style than Aldo.

I also would not be surprised to see Aldo take Conor down early in the fight, simply to convey a message and to keep it in the back of Conor's head.

Though taking down Conor may not be easily achieved early on/

a superfight for aldo should be with someone at LW. the #2 p4p fighter in the world shouldn't need to go down a weight class to prove anything.

Seriously, he's bragging about not complying with the new IV ban but wants Dillashaw?

"On being pulled out of 189"

That's a funny way of putting it, as it was Aldo who pulled out and not him being pulled out.

But good to see his rib is healing up just fine. Now he just gotta work on being available for those random tests and not spilling his urin while they're conducted.

True dat .

I also would not be surprised to see Aldo take Conor down early in the fight, simply to convey a message and to keep it in the back of Conor's head.

Though taking down Conor may not be easily achieved early on/

I would not be surprised if Conor goes straight after dem ribs early in the fight to 'convey a message'. He's probably got Jose's x-ray up on a punching bag right now...working on his placement for those spinning back kicks. Lower left should do it.

I would not be surprised if Conor goes straight after dem ribs early in the fight to 'convey a message'. He's probably got Jose's x-ray up on a punching bag right now...working on his placement for those spinning back kicks. Lower left should do it.

Aldo's leg kicks will be much easier to land than a spinning kick to the ribs.

Well, after the Mendes fight and tooking so much powerful shots I also don't think he will be able to took many Conor shots. Conor should be able to finish it in the first.

Aldo is just that more versitile
If his stand up won't work, he'll go for a TD
If you watch his fight against the KZ, he was also mixin' it up

Most people compare the Conor Aldo fight to the Mendes Aldo fight.. but that doesn't make sense. Aldo kept it standing because of the wrestling threat of Mendes. Against Conor there won't be a threat only an advantage.

So I think he's gonna mix it up. That will be too much for Conor.

Aldo is just that more versitile
If his stand up won't work, he'll go for a TD
If you watch his fight against the KZ, he was also mixin' it up

Most people compare the Conor Aldo fight to the Mendes Aldo fight.. but that doesn't make sense. Aldo kept it standing because of the wrestling threat of Mendes. Against Conor there won't be a threat only an advantage.

So I think he's gonna mix it up. That will be too much for Conor.

Aldo is known for his defensive wrestling...not his offensive wrestling. Mendes is the best wrestler in the division and absolutely dominated Conor in the wrestling department. But even the mythical 'full camp Chad' can't lay and pray on top of Conor for a full 25 minutes...and Aldo definitely can't. If you deduct all the time Conor was laying on his back from 2 rounds...it didnt take Conor too long on the feet to finish the fight. These FW's cant trade with Conor for too long before they go down.

Back