Aldo on McGregor fight: "It's gonna be over asap so that no one suffers"

Yeah, it's a fight, anything can happen. The better fighter on the night will win. Unless it goes to decision and the 3 worst judges in MMA are working that night.

I just knocked on wood.
Well truthfully it is cheap bristol board but I hope it will suffice.

Aldo may not pull in the PPV like McGregor, but from a hardcore fan perspective... I can ask for nothing more.

Boxing stance is also horrible for legkicks because you shift your weight to your front leg, so that won't help him. What will help against legkicks is catching the leg if youre a good wrestler.. but Conor isn't. He should but his balance in his rear leg if he wants to avoid the legkicks. But Aldo always disguises his legkicks so it will be difficult.

And Aldo did not fight good wrestlers with poor striking. He fought Hominick, Florian, KZ, Edgar and Mendes twice.

Well, you can check them as well. I don't think Conor will as Aldo throws them so quick. But I think Conor will keep Aldo on the back foot and press forward, which will probably play into Aldo's hands if he wants to take him down.

I said he has fought good wrestlers with poor striking. Not all of his opponents were good wrestlers with poor striking. Just to say; I don't think you could put any of those fighters on a par with Conor or Aldo's striking. Mendes is a good counter puncher with power, but he swings a bit wild and his technique is not great, imo.

I just knocked on wood.
Well truthfully it is cheap bristol board but I hope it will suffice.

Sure does. Give it another knock there incase Cecil Peoples steps in as a last minute replacement refeere after Mazzagatti finds out he's got the boot and goes full postal on the other refs just before the fights start.

Sure does. Give it another knock there incase Cecil Peoples steps in as a last minute replacement refeere after Mazzagatti finds out he's got the boot and goes full postal on the other refs just before the fights start.

Since you mentioned Cecil Peoples I knocked on an old Oak casket I just happen to have laying around.

With that being said, who do you favour if it goes to decision ?.

Aldo is an all time great. He is going to smoke that shamrock like a finely rolled joint.

Since you mentioned Cecil Peoples I knocked on an old Oak casket I just happen to have laying around.

With that being said, who do you favour if it goes to decision ?.

Could be an advantage for Aldo, so will go with him. I think a more valid question than the wrestler one :rolleyes: is Conor's cardio. You?

Well, you can check them as well. I don't think Conor will as Aldo throws them so quick. But I think Conor will keep Aldo on the back foot and press forward, which will probably play into Aldo's hands if he wants to take him down.

I said he has fought good wrestlers with poor striking. Not all of his opponents were good wrestlers with poor striking. Just to say; I don't think you could put any of those fighters on a par with Conor or Aldo's striking. Mendes is a good counter puncher with power, but he swings a bit wild and his technique is not great, imo.

But his stance makes it difficult to check kicks, mainly because it's sideways.

Maybe it's not on par but it's def not poor. You made it sound like Aldo was winning because he's fighting poor strikers.

Aldo is awesome, cannot wait for this fight. I don't think he finishes Conor but he will win.

Maybe it's not on par but it's def not poor. You made it sound like Aldo was winning because he's fighting poor strikers.

I don't know, man. I've gone over the fight in my head since the last post and it's completely different to the last prediction I made. After Aldo mangled Faber's leg, apart from one round in the Lamas fight, I haven't seen any fighter show any sign of being visibly hurt by his leg kicks. Conor could throw Aldo off and wait for him to come at him. I think it could be like a chess match as of now.

Well, like I said, I don't think Florian, KZ, Mendes in the 1st fight were particularly good strikers. Just to elaborate more, that's not Aldo's fault. That's their job to improve that part of their game. I thought Aldo gassed against Edgar because of his movement and Edgar picked him off with some good shots. I do think Edgar is a decent boxer and has great footwork, but he lacks power. Give Mendes credit for the second fight; he took it to Aldo and there were occasions he was getting the better of him, I thought. Though Aldo never took a step back and Mendes got out of there or went for a take down because of Aldo landing better combos and precision.

I don't think it will go to decision, though. I honestly believe come fight week, Conor will wind him up during the press conference. We've never seen Aldo talking away to the media this far out from a fight - it seems like some sort of put the frighteners up Conor style strategy. It can't be him trying to sell the fight, it's being well sold since last month.

I can't wait for this fight! Conor will be undisputed.

You're correct about the stance , it will be difficult for him to come forward without exposing that leg.
Conor has good movement however I expect Aldo to be patient and selective while not leaving himself easily exposed to counter strikes.

With that being said I believe that Conor will be more comfortable with the idea of absorbing leg kicks than he will be with the idea of being taken down. Or at least at first.

Yeah lads, if you're thinking that Conor's stance is going to be a big factor in Aldo winning or doing damage, it's much like the "Wrestler Question" and not having a whole lot of faith in other facets of Aldo's game. Can you really see Aldo winning by TKO, leg kicks? Unless he catches Conor on the knee and it gives out.

Yeah lads, if you're thinking that Conor's stance is going to be a big factor in Aldo winning or doing damage, it's much like the "Wrestler Question" and not having a whole lot of faith in other facets of Aldo's game. Can you really see Aldo winning by TKO, leg kicks? Unless he catches Conor on the knee and it gives out.

Certainly not, I just think he may use them to keep Conor off Balance, and negate the reach advantage ( to some degree )
Really the strength of Aldo is his diversity.
He certainly wants to keep Conor from building up any inertia.

Back