Aldo on McGregor fight: "It's gonna be over asap so that no one suffers"

You really think people look at stats like that and determine how good a fighter is? C'mon man.

Pfff yeah stats mean nothing in sports man, everyone knows that:icon_conf

Oh I'm sure its gonna be over asap... but Aldo will probably suffer.

As much as I like McGregor.... these are the words of a scary Jose Aldo.

lol dude got full mounted by hominick and gnp'd only to be saved by the bell.

He beat the fuck out of hominick
mark_hominick_ufc_129-300x200.jpg

He gassed badly because he was tired. He was battling a staph infection and you could really see it.

He beat the fuck out of hominick
mark_hominick_ufc_129-300x200.jpg

He gassed badly because he was tired. He was battling a staph infection and you could really see it.

Furthermore, his contention is a load of shit. Not once did hominick mount jose, he was in guard the whole time, also, there was no "saved by the bell"; hominick was so thoroughly dismantled, his sloppy gnp did virtually no damage.

Furthermore, his contention is a load of shit. Not once did hominick mount jose, he was in guard the whole time, also, there was no "saved by the bell"; hominick was so thoroughly dismantled, his sloppy gnp did virtually no damage.
Yeah contender status was shit but he was a great stiker.

I also dont think this will be a grappling match. What Im saying is that if Aldo takes Conor down, he will end the fight there. One or 2 tds should be enough.

One thing people don't mention is that Chad only tried to pass Conors guard twice in that fight and did so both times... very easilly. Conor's scrambles were good, have to give him that but for Christ's sake, Chad had him in a mounted crusifix.

One thing people don't mention is that Chad only tried to pass Conors guard twice in that fight and did so both times... very easilly. Conor's scrambles were good, have to give him that but for Christ's sake, Chad had him in a mounted crusifix.

He should have done that from the start. Crucifix can mean death.

It's hard for me to root against Aldo at times as I've always loved him and he's always been one of my favourite fighters. I still think Conor beats him, but I'm hoping it doesn't ruin Aldo if it happens. I want a close fight like Chad vs Aldo with a late McGregor finish...that would be the perfect fight for me. I see it possibly being a beating though.

No. That's the UFCs job. They are 1st and foremost a promotional company in the business of promoting fights.

can't promote a piece of cardboard. these guys with ppv points are basically working on commission, like a car salesman. it's the ufc's job to advertise, "come check out our great selection of cars." and it's up to the fighters to put in work to sell as many cars as they can. the more cars you sell, the more money you make.

I just do not see Aldo thinking that grabbing the belt of an opponent on stage, or screaming in their face , throwing darts at their head etc, is a fitting way to promote a fight or a sport for that matter.

I did not see any wit or charm to the Mcgregor show, just some flash and ego.

You're right, because Aldo does absolutely no promotion. Apart from pre-planning to push Mendes before their second fight. The Brazilian fighters and the promotion the UFC like just don't go hand in hand. At the end of it all, it's the fights that interest me. One thing about Aldo I don't understand, is like Silva for a time, is why his PPV numbers are so low. Speaking English would help, but even if he was fluent in it, I don't think his pre fight talk in the build up would entice the American audience who lap up thrash talkers.

Well, if you don't see any wit or charm in it, that's just not your thing. The throwing of the darts I found mildly amusing. The belt snatching at the time I found funny - only because of Aldo's reaction. But it is one of the two times I think it wouldn't be unfair to say it was Conor being disrespectful. Don't forget Aldo and Conor are two different people. When Conor did the Q&A in Brazil they wouldn't translate the questions/abuse for him because it was supposedly anti gay slurs and comments about his family. A few clowns in the audience probably drunk. Conor did an interview where he said Brazilian people & media were sending him messages apologising for it and he didn't take too much notice of it all. That's just the way Conor operates and he says it all the time 'it's never personal' you can deny it all you want, but it has wound Aldo up.

Last edited:
Pfff yeah stats mean nothing in sports man, everyone knows that:icon_conf

So your point was about how Conor is not as accurate as I said. Does that site that does the stats do a range of statistics that includes power shots, shots to the body, shots to the head? My point is they don't count for much when a fighter wins. No matter how accurate or not he is.

Check the stats on Conor's takedown defense. I'm pretty sure he's stuffed more attempts than been taking down. Does that stat tell you Conor has decent TDD? Yeah. But when you look at fights and who he's fought against, those stats are a bit meh.

What's the importance of stats in fighting? Who do they benefit?

I fuckin hope so.

I think Conor jumped the shark by suggesting that he's better than Mayweather....

Back